GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

hows my car been doin???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-09 | 10:46 AM
conroegs
Driver

was that towards me?? lol cuz i didnt say nothing bad ..i just asked u a ?
Old 12-30-09 | 10:59 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by conroegs
was that towards me?? lol cuz i didnt say nothing bad ..i just asked u a ?
nopee. not at all.
Old 12-30-09 | 01:41 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gsean400
when i get a job you'll be the joke mr.jokester. you should ask Why i got them befor you tell my Why i shouldn't have.
well first off I wasnt trying to be an *** about it, just dont see that type of equipment in a lexus. now by you saying i'll be a joke, the gloves are off... All I have to say is that if you by a car for 5k YOU ARE NOT BALLIN!!!! A Lexus as a first car, sure ok can be a bit proud to have a good car. But there is absolutely NO prestige in buying an 12 year old car for 5k. so you are NOT ballin, a baller would have bought a brand new Lexus for $40k... theft or not I would never put crap in my car, apparently you dont have an alarm or insurance cause if you did, you would have nothing to worry about! So if you want to be a grown up, get financial protection for your car and your equipment instead of having liability...
Old 12-30-09 | 03:38 PM
ProfesrLEX
Lead Lap

its always a bit awkward to see a kid and a grown man fighting...
Old 12-30-09 | 04:47 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

this is funny....^^ i like the GS but i think the only thing making it look cheap is the tails they are way to dark..... i would try to wetsand them and see if u can get some tint off. but other wise nice lil upgrades.. and its all about finding good deals..
Old 12-30-09 | 05:11 PM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
well first off I wasnt trying to be an *** about it, just dont see that type of equipment in a lexus. now by you saying i'll be a joke, the gloves are off... All I have to say is that if you by a car for 5k YOU ARE NOT BALLIN!!!! A Lexus as a first car, sure ok can be a bit proud to have a good car. But there is absolutely NO prestige in buying an 12 year old car for 5k. so you are NOT ballin, a baller would have bought a brand new Lexus for $40k... theft or not I would never put crap in my car, apparently you dont have an alarm or insurance cause if you did, you would have nothing to worry about! So if you want to be a grown up, get financial protection for your car and your equipment instead of having liability...
Mr jokester c'mon man j/k LOl!
Old 12-30-09 | 06:57 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Dude you are being a joke! I don't care how good of an alarm you have, It won't prevent anyone from taking your car or your equipment if they really want it. If your alarm gives you that much of self security I dare you to bring your car to the Bronx and we'll see how safe you feel. I've had my last two cars broken into and they both had brand name alarms. I am not about to invest any money into an alarm for the GS. You do have a point about insurance but I'm sure the kid only has the coverage he CAN afford. Quit being a jerk and let him enjoy his car the way he wants to (until he finds a job at least).
Old 12-30-09 | 07:35 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Well, Im with Mr. Jokster on this. Buying a 5k Lex is NOT ballin... But the 2GS is a nice car to have at 16. Most kids I see around here drive very old cars. So a to the op. Never seen a blacked out GS like this one.. I wonder how it looks when fully waxed? We need better pics!

About your screens, what inputs are on them? Take a pic so we can help, or post the model numbers off them
Old 12-30-09 | 08:35 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 200000

Nice first car! Keep on keeping on..
Old 12-30-09 | 10:42 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

All I have to say is that if you by a car for 5k YOU ARE NOT BALLIN!!!! a baller would have bought a brand new Lexus for $40k...
lol...
Word of advise, buying a 40k car is not ballin ether!

OP, I understand your money issue, but even though you can't buy name brand products at the moment, you can make the items appear better with clean quality installation
Old 12-30-09 | 10:49 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
lol...
Word of advise, buying a 40k car is not ballin ether!

OP, I understand your money issue, but even though you can't buy name brand products at the moment, you can make the items appear better with clean quality installation
It is if you buy cash At least for me it is. Anyways, OP, make sure the installation is done right..
Old 12-30-09 | 11:07 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EN_VY
It is if you buy cash At least for me it is. Anyways, OP, make sure the installation is done right..
Not realy, but I can see where people might think it is. Ballin is not just about buying a car, but more of a life style
Old 12-30-09 | 11:10 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Not realy, but I can see where people might think it is. Ballin is not just about buying a car, but more of a life style
Of course, "Ballin"= houses, cars, and spending money like nothing. What good is it if you own an expensive car but live in a tiny apartment and eat nothing but ramen?
Old 12-31-09 | 09:24 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

wow... well what i meant by ballin is im driving a lexus at a young age. i dont know how to explain it so you'll understand. i worked for it and hustled for it? i didnt think it made you ballin to be rich and buy an expensive car.. all i was saying was im pretty sure at 16 you weren't driving a lex that you got yourself. to be honest. iv never been put down as much as you just did mr,jokester. now i definatly dont see my car the same way i did. i wanted a lexus so i wouldn't be put in that cheap ricer car category. now i feel like im driving a lexus with rice mods. all you could have said was you dont like it. i would have takin that just fine. i feel like what i saved for is not worth it now. and what i own and struggled to get isn't good enough. i really am embarresed to be on CL cause i dont feel like im driving a lexus. i wanna stick up for myself and fight back but your just gunna put me down even more so im done talking. and now whenever i post a thread on here im gunna be worried about what your gunna say, so i hope your happy.

and thanks for everyone for the support. still trying to stay positive
Old 12-31-09 | 09:43 AM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, what a tough crowd. Anyway, not gonna judge anyone. Gsean400, you got fine first car kid. Just enjoy your car. As long as you're happy, wtf cares right?

Quick Reply: hows my car been doin???