GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I accidentally ran across these adjustable control arms...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-10, 01:12 AM
LexGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply on the issue Mr Jokster
I agree that the toe-in-out adjustment is VERY important, but the last time I did a four wheel aliment, it wasn't off by very much, and they adjusted it. But my camber was off by alot, and they couldn't adjust it since there are no adjustments for camber. This is why I come to the conclusion that I need to correct my camber on my car. I'm taking my car in this week, since I need to install new brake pads, lower ball joints and outer tie rods. I will need to get a new four wheel aliment anyway. I am curious if the toe-in-out is going to be off this time, I will have them check it before any work is done.

On the subject on tires....lol
Below is the info about the tires that I have used on my car. It must be clear that I am using "All Season" tires and NOT Summer tires which are very different. I didn't like the PZero (after buying two full sets) because in general Pirelli tires usually use rubber compound that is much softer which wears much faster. It also has a way of wearing away unevenly, brought out vibrations to your steering wheel, and they were noisy tires as well. I have spent enough money with them trying to keep them balanced with the help of the Hunter RoadForce machine at $25 per tire x 4...
Since I switched to the Pole Position I couldn't be happier, they are quite, handle great in the wet and snow and no vibrations in the steering wheel. Perhaps the next time you purchase a new set, give them a try I assure you, you will be stepping up your game with these without a doubt.

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position (Ultra High Performance All-Season) http://tinyurl.com/y8svgcl

Pirelli PZero Nero M&S All Season (Ultra High Performance All-Season)
http://tinyurl.com/pqmz

Thanks for the input

LexGS
Old 02-21-10, 01:18 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Ask James how often he doesnt replace his tires

Id recommend posting a thread, or searching through tire section, in regards to your issue. As said, I'm on air and I have nasty UNcorrectable camber (for over a year) in the rear and my tires are still in new condition. If they say they cant adjust your camber, then I recommend going to a shop who knows how to do alignments cause everyone on here (including myself) has had their camber adjusted. I cant help anymore cause unless your tires are rubbing on your upper control arms, theres nothing else other than toe that will do that...

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 02-21-10 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-21-10, 01:50 PM
LexGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy cow..........point well taken...
Let us see what shows up during my alignment and I will keep you posted.
As there must be something very wrong for his wheels not to wear out while mine are. Again thank for your input

LexGS