GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

No, No, No... Hydraulics on a 2 GS : (

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-10, 11:27 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

One thing about me folx, is I dont talk out of my ***! and yea John, it was 2 separate sentences Cars like the MGF roadster and Austin Rover hydrogas as suspension which I believe work the same as hydraulics and REMEMBER just cause they are of hydro type doesnt mean it jumps just like lincolns have bags, but arent made to jump either. As for adjustable suspension the vipers and Lincoln (mark VIII for sure) once they hit 60mph, the drop about an inch to gain better handling. Heck even the bugatti veyron drops for the same purpose
Old 01-04-10, 09:45 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ LOLZ... .. I thought you said those cars had hydraulic suspension... haha my bad.

I know other cars have adj. suspension. I mentioned that on post #13 and you also mentioned it on post #14. I've drivin an SL65 AMG with adj. air suspension. The ride was excellent. And it better be for a 150 grand car. I am not seeing any cars come factory with adj. hydraulic suspension.

I did do a search on the hydragas suspension. It seems to be a non adj. suspension. I got tired after reading the whole page. I cannot see where it states the suspension can be adj. up or down.
http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/group2...n/hydragas.htm

Peace and Love..... for 559... haha

Last edited by /209JOHN\; 01-05-10 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-04-10, 10:25 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EN_VY
yuck..... I've seen Cad and a Caprice brake the spindles and hubs while hopping.
Check this out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-toHsz2V8Q

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
HAHA! Those were sweet at the time. Here is a great one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0cIMOmuvo8
It's amazing what that truck can do.
I remember watching a mini truck dance off, and as a truck was spinning his bed, it fell off. The spectators were spooked... thank God nobody got hurt too.
Old 01-04-10, 10:56 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it
Old 01-04-10, 11:01 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

I found this car hopping video.... I think it's bags... LOLz ! This car hopped so high it was hitting the trees...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8lJXhJLNR8&NR=1
Old 01-04-10, 01:21 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VIP-209
yuck..... I've seen Cad and a Caprice brake the spindles and hubs while hopping.
Broken parts are for the most part, part of the show. When it comes to hard core comp, people will make a solid suspension to the frame where nothing can break. In comp, its not just toss a hydro kit and lets hop (well maybe armatures) they sell hardened parts so not to break. Still fun though to see some of the stuff people can do, crazy.
Old 01-04-10, 05:16 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

^Broken parts by hopping and dancing. Omg !!! Imo, this should not be associated with a [B]Lexus.[/B] It's just dumb! Again.. just my opinion...
Old 01-04-10, 09:08 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this has nothing to do with this thread but I saw it on youtube.. Totally goes against the purpose of bags imo.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_F_-NE2CMU
Old 01-04-10, 09:22 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

yup thats Garfield (DOnky KOng) its just something to do when theres nothing left to do... But actually hes probably using them for more of a purpose than we are! The original purpose for bags are for a air ride suspension and smooth ride, we use it to lower our cars so +1 for him 0 for us
Old 01-04-10, 09:59 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Smooth ride??? Thats something mine doesnt have
Old 01-04-10, 11:56 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Why not?

10 characters
Old 01-05-10, 02:01 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Any improperly set up suspension will drive poorly.
I have air and enjoy it but it is set up like **** as the rears are too short .
If I knew how to choose the right hydro set up and it was as easy as air I would switch . Hydro will outperform any air suspension set up for handling . It has cons like people mentioned but don;t listen to people who don;t know what they are talking about tell you what they think they heard but still drive bone stock cars. (not referring to anyone , just the mentality alot of people who know it all have). Research , research , research . Then and only then can you get a perfect well made system. Air can never be made to handle corners and dips in the road properly by its physical design and reaction time. Which is why air bag cars float .
Old 01-05-10, 10:46 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Question ?

^Hydraulic setup can out handle an Air Ride set up? I have not seen any vehicle with an adjustable hight performance hydraulic suspension.I know you are a highly trained technician and I'm not doubting you, but can you show me a car that is setup for performance driving with an adj. hydraulic system? For me seeing is believing.
ck out this Old school car on air ride built for handling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfXnO65vKhQ

I like the floaty ride from air suspension... it's smooth.
Old 01-05-10, 10:50 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

why not? are you still on your oem struts?
Old 01-05-10, 01:20 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VIP-209
^Hydraulic setup can out handle an Air Ride set up? I have not seen any vehicle with an adjustable hight performance hydraulic suspension.I know you are a highly trained technician and I'm not doubting you, but can you show me a car that is setup for performance driving with an adj. hydraulic system? For me seeing is believing.
ck out this Old school car on air ride built for handling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfXnO65vKhQ
Hydraulics are made to handle very extreme conditions that they are rated for thousands more pounds than an automobile could give. Theres a new hydraulic suspension that has been engineered from the creators of Creuat (a racecar for the 24 hours of Lemans).They're made to not give at all, thus giving optimal handling as SKperformance said. So in order for a hydraulic system to actually ride smoothly, the key would be to build a functional suspension around it (as you could with an air system). And to achieve that, springs, accumulators, and shocks would be used. I believe that in the air scene, that was where air cylinders were trying to get at and from what I heard have achieved it. as for the kits that we have (bolt on) I dont think theres much we can do for handling other than what ksport has made, which I've heard is well. As for that video you posted, I'm pretty sure they are using stand alone bags with a built suspension around it. Yea, bags naturally are gonna float, but add a stiff strut to it and all other useful parts and I'm sure it can be as stiff as you want The vid only states it has air ride, but doesnt state if it has bags or not. Now that I think of it, they could even be air shocks with racing suspension for all we know

Quick Reply: No, No, No... Hydraulics on a 2 GS : (