GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Look what other CL member did for me on the day after X'mas 2009....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-10, 05:05 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking Look what other CL member did for me on the day after X'mas 2009....

I've been wanting to do LS430 retrofit since a year and half ago I believe but never have the guts to take my headlight apart. I'm not a DIY guy, this one CL member been helping me a lot for quite some time on my car maintenance or aftermarket parts installation, and he's generous enough few months ago offered me to gave me a hand on LS430 retrofit.....

We were working on retrofit for a freaking 13 hours straight on Saturday, Dec 26 and it's well worth it !!! I can't be happier w/ the result

No night shot yet, my camera is pretty whack....I don't think it can take a good picture at night....lol.

LS430 projector + bulb + ballast = $220
Large Pizza Hut = $8
Jig saw on Home depot = $7
LuxuryMods bracket = $50
Some screws = $5
Sweat, 13 hours of working, experience.....are priceless.
There is something money can't buy....

Just wanna say THANK YOU again for that guy....I think it's better for him to remain anonymous, unless he give me an OK to say his CL name.
Old 01-03-10, 05:09 PM
7DOOBIE7
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no name? slightly rude don't ya think? nice retro BTW.. maybe i will grow a set and attempt it in the future.
Old 01-03-10, 05:09 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Holy Hotness Batman. Looks GREAT!
Old 01-03-10, 05:11 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSJake
It wasn't me.
Old 01-03-10, 05:13 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Retro turned out great.. Looking forward to night shots to see the potential of the beam.. Such a great mod and well worth it.. Congrats
Old 01-03-10, 05:23 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by 7DOOBIE7
no name? slightly rude don't ya think? nice retro BTW.. maybe i will grow a set and attempt it in the future.
Rude? naw, actually very thoughtful IMO save the guy from getting bombarded with PM's of request After I did mine, I got quite a few pm's asking me to do it for them. Some people have the time to help, others dont especially when it seems like it was done for free. And yea, you should attempt its such a gratifying feeling when its done

Originally Posted by GSJake
Originally Posted by batman75
It wasn't me.
ha ha, now thats comedy!

To OP:

did you keep the auto leveling?
Old 01-03-10, 05:40 PM
7DOOBIE7
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Mr Jokster;5114360]Rude? naw, actually very thoughtful IMO save the guy from getting bombarded with PM's of request:

I understand that part. and my humor didn't get translated correctly in text. more tongue in chek kinda resoponse to his post.. i completely understand the hesitation especially with such a good job.

BTW:i would be 1 of those bombarding him .. So scary to throw your precious lights in the oven. THE FRIGGIN OVEN FOR KREEST SAKES!!!.. i know it's the only real way to do it it is still pretty hairy..THe retro is SiC like polio and i want to do it too... i have a free set of Celica projectors and am afraid to do it myself.
Old 01-03-10, 05:52 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Yea the internet sucks with translations, thats why you see a lot of 'smilies' after my response to you so I too didnt come off like an a-hole LoL. I've been hit pretty hard lately with my comments when its in NO way trying to be a big poo!

as for retroing, find a set of junk ones to practice on. I bought a second set of used ones just in case the retro on my good ones went bad (and also allowed me still drive the car as I retroed the others) nothing to be afraid of though. The plastic is tough. Just read read read and search on here to see the problems others have run into. Once you get all the metal parts off (from the out side) baking wont be an issue.

Originally Posted by 7DOOBIE7
I understand that part. and my humor didn't get translated correctly in text. more tongue in chek kinda resoponse to his post.. i completely understand the hesitation especially with such a good job.

BTW:i would be 1 of those bombarding him .. So scary to throw your precious lights in the oven. THE FRIGGIN OVEN FOR KREEST SAKES!!!.. i know it's the only real way to do it it is still pretty hairy..THe retro is SiC like polio and i want to do it too... i have a free set of Celica projectors and am afraid to do it myself.
Old 01-03-10, 08:23 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Rude? naw, actually very thoughtful IMO save the guy from getting bombarded with PM's of request
Exactly! I just don't want him to get a bunch of PM's

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster

did you keep the auto leveling?
Nope, I didn't keep it...
Old 01-03-10, 08:32 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks nice, congrades bro. I did this retro also last year......

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...lled-pics.html
Old 01-03-10, 08:51 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by masboy

Nope, I didn't keep it...
If I remember correctly, you had halogens so that means you didn't have auto-leveling to begin with. Doesn't matter though because it doesn't really make that much of a difference. The LS430s didn't even have that feature I don't think.
Old 01-03-10, 09:02 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
If I remember correctly, you had halogens so that means you didn't have auto-leveling to begin with. Doesn't matter though because it doesn't really make that much of a difference. The LS430s didn't even have that feature I don't think.
I suppose its just "cool" to have
Old 01-03-10, 10:45 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

im jealous as hell Kev....
Old 01-03-10, 10:54 PM
vipjason
Lead Lap

sweet... nice retrofit
Old 01-04-10, 12:00 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Are you serious?! Even the IS has them!

Quick Reply: Look what other CL member did for me on the day after X'mas 2009....