GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What A Gorgeous...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-02, 05:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,437 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Great pics, TXSTYLE - your car looks GREAT! Your clear/white side marker lights, where did you get them and are they hard to install? I've seen several sets on eBay for about $25 but haven't made the move.

Originally posted by NVMYGS3
I tried to get some pics that big on my thread but the K size was too big. Oh well.
Just increase the compression rate on the JPEGs and the size drops quickly and barely any quality is lost.
Old 05-14-02, 05:51 PM
ocnbrzz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TXSTYLE,

First, a major texas size compliment on your G4..........

B E A U T I F U L.

Very, very, nicely done.

Double thumbs up!!!!!!
Old 05-14-02, 06:34 PM
shftup
Intermediate

very very clean
Old 05-14-02, 08:05 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
TX, I've always had a high level of admiration for your GS. Truly outstanding.
Thanks so much guys for the compliments! It means alot to me for my fellow CL members and owners to give me admiration for my ride! I know my GS is not nearly as 'hooked up' as some of you guys, so it feels good that others appreciate my 'simplicity'! You know, it's surprising how the 'little' things/mods you do to your car make such a big difference! The 'clear' side markers & 'clear' fog, which I did recently, really makes a Huge difference to me! But I take pride in every single thing I do to my GS no matter how subtle.
But to answer a few questions: I got my 'clear' sides from ProParts.com; $35 shipped. (I use halogen bulbs instead of the yellows or regular wedge). And I can't remember the offset at the moment AgGS400, but I'll let you know.
Again thanks a bunch guys!
And here's one more. Let me ask you, stick with my current signature pic or use this one below???
Attached Thumbnails What A Gorgeous...........-frntsig.2.jpg  
Old 05-14-02, 08:07 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

And oh yeah, to answer the question about the 'roof spoiler' fitment. IT IS AWESOME!!! Like a glove!
Old 05-14-02, 08:49 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

And here's one more. Let me ask you, stick with my current signature pic or use this one below??? [/B][/QUOTE]

TXSTYLE,

I like this one, but either one would work for me. Looking great as usual. Keep it up!
Old 05-18-02, 02:27 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

really cool car

very nice

yezzzzzz
Old 05-18-02, 03:33 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Represent your whip...now Im going out to see if I can blow somebodys doors off with my 10's...halla
Old 05-18-02, 03:47 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Cool that steering wheel!!!

TXSTYLE,

man, I just keep looking and looking at the interior shot...that wood wheel just sets off the whole entire ride. Even from the outside!! A fine, fine choice for a mod.

I have the same wood dash kit, but just haven't gotten up the guts to do the wheel mod!!! Props to you, man.

Eric
Old 05-18-02, 06:04 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: that steering wheel!!!

Originally posted by ebruceii
TXSTYLE,

man, I just keep looking and looking at the interior shot...that wood wheel just sets off the whole entire ride. Even from the outside!! A fine, fine choice for a mod.

I have the same wood dash kit, but just haven't gotten up the guts to do the wheel mod!!! Props to you, man.

Eric
Yes, I agree..... Very nice.... Matches perfectly
Looks great..
Old 05-19-02, 02:25 PM
ATLgs4
Driver

Thats off the chain playa!! I love that deep lustre on the chrome wheels. By the way, hows the chrome holding up? Any probs? Later.
Old 05-21-02, 10:12 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: that steering wheel!!!

Originally posted by ebruceii
TXSTYLE,

Eric
Thanks! I would have to say that of all my mods, my Wood wheel is my favorite! Just do to the fact that like you said, the 'match' is flawless and the fact that it is one of a kind (at least in Dallas, which is saying alot!) I have really observed other cars (Benzes to Caddy's) wood wheels, and what really sets a nice wood wheel off is not only color, but "grain". You know, the black lines, markings and swirls that give all wood character!
And thanks ATLgs4 for the wheel compliments! And to answer your question, NO! The chrome has been 'flawless' as well as super easy to clean and maintain! Bling-Bling!
Old 05-21-02, 10:25 AM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Nothing on those offsets?

Late.

Ryan
Old 05-21-02, 09:38 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

It looks like about +38 off set ....am I right!!!!
Old 05-21-02, 09:53 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

DAMN!!! I dont know what it is, but it looks so much better than any other GS ive seen, and i think it looks so phat and clean... the chrome rims with the white exterior really hit it off, and especialy with that wood steering wheel, makes me wish mine was white and not black... but oh well... anyways, im lookin for new rims for my gs430... which ones are you sportin??? BTW, do you have nav??? couldnt tell.

Quick Reply: What A Gorgeous...........