GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Not Selling

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-02, 06:56 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Not Selling

In case anyone is interested, I am NOT selling my GS anymore. I was pulled back from the dark side by some good friends.

I have fallen in love with it again, and do not plan on letting go anytime soon.

Old 05-15-02, 07:20 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Dex,

Glad to hear your soul was saved and you're back with us. I'd hate to see that wealth of Lex knowledge slip away. Plus you seem like a prety cool guy.

Overclocker
Old 05-15-02, 11:00 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Cool man I think you made the right choice
Old 05-15-02, 11:58 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i kinda have mixed feelings now (what a selfish bastard i am ) nah seriously, im glad that you kept it. who else can i call and ask a myriad of meaningless questions?

Doc
Old 05-16-02, 01:34 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

saved from the "dark side"....glad to hear it Dex!
Old 05-16-02, 01:48 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

The sun once again is shining, the birds are singing and the world again properly spinning in greased grooves. Your decision was indeed the right one.
Old 05-16-02, 05:50 AM
LexFather

Rumor has it Dex was selling his Lex for his dream ride the new Hyandai XG 300 with the killa woodgrain

Glad you finally sobered up!
Old 05-16-02, 06:36 AM
Lexusfanatic
Rookie

The force IS strong with this one!
Old 05-16-02, 06:53 AM
2Lexos
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dex is the one who will bring balance to the LEX!!

come on everyone jump on the Star Wars bandwagon.....glad you hear you're not giving up the lex Dex.....good choice!!
Old 05-16-02, 07:39 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

So does this mean the Eagles aren't getting back together? Looks like we need to buy David a couple of cold ones for slapping some sense into you Welcome back Dex!
Old 05-16-02, 10:12 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now Dex you knew someone was going to ask this question so why don't I be the one..

What car were you considering buying in lieu of your SWEET GS??

Your fellow CL members want to know and even if they didn't i'm nosey enough to ask..

Ken
Old 05-16-02, 11:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

I heard it was a Hyundai...
Old 05-16-02, 11:11 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK OK

I've always loved this car; say what you will.

This was at the other extreme from the GS: small, harsh, but still very competent. Carver extraordinaire.

2002 BMW MCoupe

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/detai...oupe/trim.html
Attached Thumbnails Not Selling-rearsidebridge.jpg  

Last edited by ///MDex; 05-16-02 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-16-02, 12:54 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,289 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Originally posted by mumbles
So does this mean the Eagles aren't getting back together? Looks like we need to buy David a couple of cold ones for slapping some sense into you Welcome back Dex!
Yes, I can take some of the credit, K gets some too. It took quite a bit of convincing to turn him back around, Dex is a stubborn SOB when he puts his mind to something.

I recall one hour+ long conference call "intervention" session quite distinctly... BTW, I'm taking Pay-Pal donations to offset the cost .

However, I think it's the incessant mocking I gave him that really brought him back. While that BMW is fast, I think it's butt-ugly (it looks like the batmobile) and way too small to carry anyone, even a passenger. I even resorted to mocking the fact that the car is made near where I live (in South Carolina) and won't be as quality a vehicle as our Lexus' are.

Here's an example of a random email I sent (some of them are built on inside conversations and won't be terribly funny):

TOP TEN REASONS DEX WANTS TO SELL HIS LEXUS AND BUY A BMW

10 He's still trying to explain the loss of his 'TER' on ClubLexus. Run boy run!
9 It's the old theory - if you hang out with ugly people you look better... he thinks he can apply that theory to his car, too.
8 He likes to drive solo. Two phrases he'll hear a lot in the future are "I'll meet you there" and "come on, you can ride with us".
7 The money he gets as a CL moderator is too low for all the moderating he does. Bimmer.org pays better.
6 He's planning on going on a severe diet and doesn't want to slide around in the seats of a real size car.
5 Dex's worried the back seats in his GS will attract a woman with children to him
4 The coffee and snacks in the BMW service area are really good and they offer a 'your 10th major service in a month is free' card.
3 He wants to be more patriotic and drive a car built in the US. Can you say "Deliverance"?
2 He's got an eye on a new midget girlfriend, Bridgette. She'll barely fit.
1 One word. BATPOLE.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-16-02 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-16-02, 01:03 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ROFL Dave.. See its a good thing he has a good friend like you in his life to b*tch slap him around when he gets out of line.. LOL

Anyways thank god you and other helped him from the TRUE dark side of BMW and that M Coupe which is truely love it or hate it when it comes to styling but you gotta love that ***** to wall performance that this car and the roadster give you plus the exhaust sound is soooo sweet.. (Flash backs of my test drive of the M Roadster)..

Wise choice Dex now go and get a SC installed in the GS..

Last edited by 2SAVVY; 05-16-02 at 01:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Not Selling