GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

a little teaser for right now!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-10, 10:49 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

oooo.. that's gonna turn out nice
Old 02-05-10, 11:12 PM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get everything painted? Door jambs, trunk jambs, engine bay?
Old 02-05-10, 11:43 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Taking the car back in a month or so to get my jams done! Paint guy is really slammed and I need my cAr back. So no those arnt done. But these are the same guys that painted racinstylez and mrexe car they do great work. Just didn't have enough time to get everything done since this is my only ride =\
Old 02-06-10, 04:58 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BP_VVt-i
SICK!!! glad u decided on a color even tho the black cherry looked fine. but this looks great!

sounds like the bodyshop picked the color for him and he ended up having to live with it more then he got to "decide" on a color.. based on what he said about what happened after they added the addt'l pearl.

hope you like it bro since it doesn't seem like it's exactly what you were lookin for or expecting. don't forget, you're payin the bodyshop... if you ain't happy you don't ever let them stick you with ****, it's your money and your ride. looks like it's a little too late to speak up right now tho lol and you seem like you don't mind the color. for a full paint job though... ****.. I wouldn't be able to just not mind it.. I'd have to love that **** before I took it back from the shop. good luck
Old 02-06-10, 05:16 AM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It honestly seems as if it's an earth tone kind of color mix. Where in some light instances it will change colors. Such as a purple becoming a light grey or green in different scenarios.

Nonetheless the paint is looking good, just need better lighting situations to see the real outcome
Old 02-06-10, 05:35 AM
lboxer
Driver School Candidate

What Happened? I think the wheels look better than the car. LOL
I think the final project will be good. Keep it up. Can't wait until I start geeting my hands on my GS (Winter is holding me back)
Old 02-06-10, 05:36 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks terrific, great color choice !
Old 02-06-10, 05:59 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
sounds like the bodyshop picked the color for him and he ended up having to live with it more then he got to "decide" on a color.. based on what he said about what happened after they added the addt'l pearl.

hope you like it bro since it doesn't seem like it's exactly what you were lookin for or expecting. don't forget, you're payin the bodyshop... if you ain't happy you don't ever let them stick you with ****, it's your money and your ride. looks like it's a little too late to speak up right now tho lol and you seem like you don't mind the color. for a full paint job though... ****.. I wouldn't be able to just not mind it.. I'd have to love that **** before I took it back from the shop. good luck
Originally Posted by UncleRay
It honestly seems as if it's an earth tone kind of color mix. Where in some light instances it will change colors. Such as a purple becoming a light grey or green in different scenarios.

Nonetheless the paint is looking good, just need better lighting situations to see the real outcome
Actually I asked him to use some differ pearls to see how it will affect the paint. I asked for blue pearl, gold pearl and voilet pearl. I saw the pait samples and I chose the bluish-purple. I didn't just settle for whatever it took me a week to decide on what pearls I wanted to try and mix. And it gives off the effect I was going for and it's the slight shift on color. Nothing to extreme or light , it's just right!! And yes I agree the paint needs to be looked at in the ligh those pix where taken with my iPhone and plus it was around 530 pm so it wasn't exactly the best time for picture taking.

I will update the thread once I get more pix
Old 02-06-10, 07:09 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure the end result will be I just think if i'd bothered to do a full respray I'd go with a base color farrr off what you could get any other oem gs in. ie: mr.exe; you just wanna dump ten gallons of vanilla icecream ontop of that car and smash a straw into the gas tank.
Old 02-06-10, 07:10 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

looks good....i just have a thing for BCP though..lol
Old 02-06-10, 07:18 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

From the teaser pics the color looks Reeaall Niiccee!! Want to the the finished product.
Old 02-06-10, 07:20 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Turned out very nice, but that sure looks more than just a pearl. Looks like a complete color change. Can't even see any hint of the black cherry anymore.
Old 02-06-10, 07:59 AM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

show some more pics from different angles
Old 02-06-10, 10:10 AM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by veritek
Turned out very nice, but that sure looks more than just a pearl. Looks like a complete color change. Can't even see any hint of the black cherry anymore.
I said the same thing when I saw the pics. Still looks good regardless.

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
I ie: mr.exe; you just wanna dump ten gallons of vanilla icecream ontop of that car and smash a straw into the gas tank.
you just made me crave for a rootbeer float.
Old 02-06-10, 10:57 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How long did it take for them to paint it? Im guessing you took it to jc?

Quick Reply: a little teaser for right now!!