GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

check this out !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-10, 07:58 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
oh and by the way both my GS300 and LS430 have REAL Junction kits and accessories.. so please keep the comments to your self, i wanted easy fitment and knowing I didnt cop out...

... i never knew one day I'd be saying keep your comments to your self for rocking REAL products...
Wassup David? Honestly I had to chime in on this before you guys escalate. I also have real junction produce items on my GS, but IMHO, Junction's prices are ridiculous. I respect the company and their innovations but their prices are out of this world. I have a some experience with fiberglassing as well as what goes into body work and creating bumpers and in no way does their items cost that much to make they are making a profit of over 300% easy. But this isnt about me counting their money or hating on their grind but its a company, a company needs to appeal to the market. When they were the only ones coming out with their product people had no choice but to turn to Junction, but now that many companies are copying the kits and these companies make it for a fraction of the price and has much better fitment, I wouldn't think twice about going with the competition. This thread can blow out of proportion, look at VSC, this sort of thread was over 10 pages in length.

I feel that the companies need to grow and adapt to the market, if Junction was priced accordingly than more people would get it, however due to the pricing, that is why you dont see many people rocking their kits, that is one of the reasons that Junction has such a cult following.
But with all that said, I don't approve or disapprove of using copies or generics, it is up to each individual of how they choose to spend their hard earned money.

But another industry in which copies are made is the pharmaceutical industry, all of the pills have some generic equivalent which does the same exact thing as their more expensive counterparts. Many people prefer to purchase the generics rather than originals, and you dont see anyone saying dont copy the other companies drugs.

Last edited by Spyder78; 02-17-10 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-17-10, 10:02 AM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cant wait to see everyone's sigs fill up with JUNKTION PRODUCED three piece lip and roof wing now... win you you guys... knock off is the way to go now huh? fantastic
oh and by the way both my GS300 and LS430 have REAL Junction kits and accessories.. so please keep the comments to your self, i wanted easy fitment and knowing I didnt cop out...

... i never knew one day I'd be saying keep your comments to your self for rocking REAL products...
Come on now David...i totally respect the authentic JP stuff but like stated before that stuff cost way too much. I could see if these were integral parts like motor mounts, intakes, or performance parts in general but roof spoilers and wings (in particular this 3 pc wing) is just for show. And the way people be stealing stuff of cars nowadays I'd rather have them take a knock-off than a JP spoiler. lol...
Old 02-17-10, 10:02 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm with on that bro I really am but my biggest slap in the face you could say is when these guys who just purchased the items will say it's real, say ts a rep not the real deal, plain and simple when have you ever seen someone with the rep spoiler in their sig say replica JP?
Old 02-17-10, 10:06 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by nar8ta
LOL the defender of the free world LOL You got stock in JP . Again just because its name brand that doesn't mean the fitment is spot on (I learned that the hard way.)
Actually homeslice if you did buy the real thing I didn't have to test fit ****, both cars and the body shop and members in Vegas can atest to it, it was painted then I put it on my self
Old 02-17-10, 10:26 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the combo deal and its pretty sweet , worth every penny. Test fit looks good.

Not sure when ill mount em

They dont come with tape.

Is the real JP urethane or glass?
Old 02-17-10, 12:02 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with David - don't buy fake stuff and then pose it as real. If it's replica, say it's replica and deal with it. You saved the money, you should be able to nicely defend yourself - no need to lie and say it's authentic. I personally would NEVER buy anything replica for my car - I've seen all the work that goes into designing and R&D'ing these kits, and I've seen how offended the designers get when these companies steal (yes, STEAL) the original design and sell it as their own for profit.

Javier
Old 02-17-10, 01:25 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

For all you people saying that Junction is overpriced and all, remember that you purchasing from and supporting these knockoff companies contribute to their sky high prices. For anyone that has any background in business it's common knowledge that in order to cover the R&D costs, a company has to charge a certain amount to cover what they have invested in the product. For a company to continue with R&D and production of future products, we as enthusiasts purchase their products which in turn support whatever business endeavors that they choose to pursue. So in short, to the people who are supporting these knock off companies, you are essentially killing the aftermarket industry and pushing the prices up even higher. Don't complain when there are no longer any innovators and no new products in the industry. Good job all.

To the guy who made the prescription drug analogy, good try but it doesn't quite work that way. Many new prescription drugs that come on the market are covered by patents that don't expire for usually about 20-30 years. This gives the company who created the drug enough time and the chance to recoup whatever they invested into the drug. Aftermarket companies are not so lucky in this sense. In addition generics also have to meet strict guidelines set by the FDA that require them to be as close to the original brand as possible as far as dosage and ingredients goes. Great analogy but it falls apart once dissected.
Old 02-17-10, 01:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol so this is how the new generation of 2gs is now? i very much miss the 01-04 era when most people here were really into cars, respected and appreciated all the hard work and intellectual properties created by all the aftermarket companies.

people with knock offs will continue to find all excuses to defend their purchases and also put down how silly it is for people to pay full prices for originals.

my signature pretty much says it all already. i know some people are offended by it, funny most of those people have knock offs and they can't really seem to argue back with me except being pissed. i would never try to pose myself as something else that i can't afford.

i can't justify paying 5k for exhaust on my m3, i don't want to spend 4-5k on wheels on my m3, so i stay stock. it's ok, i would rather keep my car bone stock than having some knock off bbs style wheels on my car and snap on bbs caps as well. some people think that's how they are "defined", so it's better to be posers. but to me, i rather be a nobody.

let's come back to this jdm companies making body kits. these companies they put in countless of hours in their shop, playing with drawings, clay models on actual car, molding, etc... to create artistic pieces with their own authentic name stamp. but guess what, next thing you know some people stole their design with little work (no r&d cost), sell at deep discount, and try to make a few bucks. some people fall for them (sad part)

yes, some of these parts are priced high, but you know what? obviously people like them, otherwise not the knock off markets. so by buying these, you discourage the original company from spending further money to design better stuff. soon, no one will be coming out with nice stuff anymore coz' they are afraid of others stealing their design. knock off companies obviously can't design, they have zero creativity. if you like it, you buy authentic to support the company, period.

this "battle" has been on for as long as i can remember. so many people try to justify what they do. imho this is something from within. if you understand you understand, if not, you will accept education from outside, and whatever you say won't make me sleep better or worse at night
Old 02-17-10, 01:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I agree with David - don't buy fake stuff and then pose it as real. If it's replica, say it's replica and deal with it. You saved the money, you should be able to nicely defend yourself - no need to lie and say it's authentic. I personally would NEVER buy anything replica for my car - I've seen all the work that goes into designing and R&D'ing these kits, and I've seen how offended the designers get when these companies steal (yes, STEAL) the original design and sell it as their own for profit.

Javier
Originally Posted by miss_IS300
For all you people saying that Junction is overpriced and all, remember that you purchasing from and supporting these knockoff companies contribute to their sky high prices. For anyone that has any background in business it's common knowledge that in order to cover the R&D costs, a company has to charge a certain amount to cover what they have invested in the product. For a company to continue with R&D and production of future products, we as enthusiasts purchase their products which in turn support whatever business endeavors that they choose to pursue. So in short, to the people who are supporting these knock off companies, you are essentially killing the aftermarket industry and pushing the prices up even higher. Don't complain when there are no longer any innovators and no new products in the industry. Good job all.

To the guy who made the prescription drug analogy, good try but it doesn't quite work that way. Many new prescription drugs that come on the market are covered by patents that don't expire for usually about 20-30 years. This gives the company who created the drug enough time and the chance to recoup whatever they invested into the drug. Aftermarket companies are not so lucky in this sense. In addition generics also have to meet strict guidelines set by the FDA that require them to be as close to the original brand as possible as far as dosage and ingredients goes. Great analogy but it falls apart once dissected.
both great posts.

anna, indeed, if people actually understand the concept of how things work, it can be a lot different. but some people they just continue to drive things to extreme, and then complain why they are living in the extreme

i do have people come and tell me aftermarket companies they don't claim the design as patent and such and what not, so they can't blame others for knocking off. i find that very amusing. so that's how moral works, and how people justify stealing? well i will stop at that
Old 02-17-10, 01:36 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

I agree with you 100% Henry. I won't bash anyone for having knock off products but please don't be ignorant with your comments as to where your knock off originated from. I just find it amazing how people complain about how pricey it is to mod our cars but it is nothing compared to BMW and Mercedes. Henry, I'll be in your same boat when I finally get my BMW, stock!
Old 02-17-10, 01:49 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder78
Wassup David? Honestly I had to chime in on this before you guys escalate. I also have real junction produce items on my GS, but IMHO, Junction's prices are ridiculous. I respect the company and their innovations but their prices are out of this world. I have a some experience with fiberglassing as well as what goes into body work and creating bumpers and in no way does their items cost that much to make they are making a profit of over 300% easy. But this isnt about me counting their money or hating on their grind but its a company, a company needs to appeal to the market. When they were the only ones coming out with their product people had no choice but to turn to Junction, but now that many companies are copying the kits and these companies make it for a fraction of the price and has much better fitment, I wouldn't think twice about going with the competition. This thread can blow out of proportion, look at VSC, this sort of thread was over 10 pages in length.

I feel that the companies need to grow and adapt to the market, if Junction was priced accordingly than more people would get it, however due to the pricing, that is why you dont see many people rocking their kits, that is one of the reasons that Junction has such a cult following.
But with all that said, I don't approve or disapprove of using copies or generics, it is up to each individual of how they choose to spend their hard earned money.

But another industry in which copies are made is the pharmaceutical industry, all of the pills have some generic equivalent which does the same exact thing as their more expensive counterparts. Many people prefer to purchase the generics rather than originals, and you dont see anyone saying dont copy the other companies drugs.

Thanks V for a balance argument You brought up a good point on the phone last night about how the value of produces will be in reach of everyone for little than nothing, which in turn looses it originality. The flip side to this is, if you take a consensus of how many on CL who have the TTE Lip alone we will both see it if far from original due to the price. The design is definitely original but the amount of people with makes it not. Does that take a way from the style of how that customer puts their car together...no. Build it the way you like. V you know me personally.... I buy what I like.

Actually homeslice if you did buy the real thing I didn't have to test fit ****, both cars and the body shop and members in Vegas can atest to it, it was painted then I put it on my self
Dude go back and reread, I have a TTE Lip (which will soon be removed for the L sportline front bumper), RMM sides, RMM rear bumper (which fits horribly with the gaps under the taillights), and RMM wing which fit terrible also. My argument was and I quote "Just because its name brand doesn't mean it will have good fitment". Out of the Bunch, the TTE lip was the only part which had good fitment. Also there has been numerous issues with the JP door caps. Nothing is perfect but at that price it should come with fashion model LOL.

I'm with on that bro I really am but my biggest slap in the face you could say is when these guys who just purchased the items will say it's real, say ts a rep not the real deal, plain and simple when have you ever seen someone with the rep spoiler in their sig say replica JP?
I hear your pain, but that's a tad petty. I don't support lying. If its not JP I personally wouldn't list it as being jp but what others do is not my concern. There are so many more important things to worry about in this world. . Your definitely entitled to your opinion but you came in like Dictator Bush as if noone should answer you back just cause you got a JP kit. Pride is far from becoming.

Originally Posted by BP_VVt-i
Come on now David...i totally respect the authentic JP stuff but like stated before that stuff cost way too much. I could see if these were integral parts like motor mounts, intakes, or performance parts in general but roof spoilers and wings (in particular this 3 pc wing) is just for show. And the way people be stealing stuff of cars nowadays I'd rather have them take a knock-off than a JP spoiler. lol...
Agree, I believe if you don't cater to the market, the market will move on and others will step right in. I personally don't buy fiberglass anything but to each there own.
Old 02-17-10, 03:11 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i have a feeling this will become a knock off vs authentic thread now lol...

but who knows... i dont have a GS anymore.. err or at least a functional one. :]
Old 02-17-10, 03:34 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

I think it already has lol..

Popcorn ready!!
Old 02-17-10, 03:58 PM
SirBev
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...while I'm here looking at all of this I'm going to sit back and enjoy most of this...debating/arguing- I just purchased some really body mods but I haven't picked them up yet they are a pretty penny. However the only way these companies are going to have the tuner crowd turn their backs on what would be considered fake items it to have a very clear and specific way of tagging and having a way to track all there items...Just about every part on a Benz has a serial number and you can go and check it out until then the forging will continue and according to supply and demand the prices on these items should be lower if the market is saturated with knock-offs that would cut into the bottom line of the authentic company and offset there AFC vs AVC which would have them operating at break even points which can't be the case, since JP prices have done nothing but go up it seems they are doing great and these new ( knock-off ) companies are like Apple to Microsoft without the price imbalance...
Old 02-17-10, 07:20 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hell with this price even I thought about getting in on it. Didnt want it though and honestly didnt wanna be labeled as jstuff, the guy that sells japanese stuff but then buys fakes.

If you like it for the price, go for it. I think it looks good but id care less if you had it on there. Only if you claimed it was real when its not, then ill have a problem with that.

Quick Reply: check this out !!