GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Which front end do you think is better?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-10, 06:00 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Which front end do you think is better?

As some of you know I have an L-Sportline bodykit; just missing the front bumper (I currently have the OEM front bumper with the TTE lip).

I just recently sealed the deal on an L-Sportline front bumper from one of our fellow CL members.

Do you guys think this is nicer than the TTE lip on the oem bumper with my L-Sportline sides and rear?

I feel like the TTE lip is lower because the bottom of the OEM bumper is flatter (no angle). Where the bottom of the L-Sportline front bumper is angled upward (actually good and prevents scraping on steep, angled driveways) but I am not sure if it looks as aggressive.

Either way the deal is done for the L-Sportline front. Do you guys think this was a good choice?
Old 02-12-10, 06:26 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Well i really like the looks of the TTE lip on the GS.. The lines and lip complete the front end. In your case since you have the sides and rear already its a no brainer that the Lsportline front bumper is waht you need to complete the kit..

Now if you L-tuned sides i would have said keep the TTE lip.. That combo like wringo has and a few others looks perfect..
Old 02-12-10, 06:28 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Well i really like the looks of the TTE lip on the GS.. The lines and lip complete the front end. In your case since you have the sides and rear already its a no brainer that the Lsportline front bumper is waht you need to complete the kit..

Now if you L-tuned sides i would have said keep the TTE lip.. That combo like wringo has and a few others looks perfect..
Agreed^

I still like a molded TTE lip, though.
Old 02-12-10, 06:55 AM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both look nice but u now u have a complete kit... let me know if you sell the tte lip
Old 02-12-10, 06:57 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
As some of you know I have an L-Sportline bodykit; just missing the front bumper (I currently have the OEM front bumper with the TTE lip).

I just recently sealed the deal on an L-Sportline front bumper from one of our fellow CL members.

Do you guys think this is nicer than the TTE lip on the oem bumper with my L-Sportline sides and rear?

I feel like the TTE lip is lower because the bottom of the OEM bumper is flatter (no angle). Where the bottom of the L-Sportline front bumper is angled upward (actually good and prevents scraping on steep, angled driveways) but I am not sure if it looks as aggressive.

Either way the deal is done for the L-Sportline front. Do you guys think this was a good choice?
I still have that shift ****, let me know if you want to trade with cash on my end.
Old 02-12-10, 07:14 AM
SirBev
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen any of these items on a car personally, however after you get the new bumper painted to match the ride you could change them back and forth when you feel like looking at the other one for awhile
Old 02-12-10, 07:22 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

I was just thinking that another good reason why the L-Sportline may be a better choice is because there is a rather large opening next to each foglight that would be GREAT for a BFI or ram air setup with my intake!
Old 02-12-10, 07:23 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
I still have that shift ****, let me know if you want to trade with cash on my end.
I would maybe think about it...however you cannot receive PM's; not sure why?
Old 02-12-10, 07:24 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

I would maybe think about it...however you cannot receive PM's; not sure why?
Yeah it hasn't been working.

Email me: thomasp23@hotmail.com
Old 02-12-10, 08:30 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently bought the L sportline front bumper as well, I also have the TTE lip, RMM sides, RMM rear bumper, and RMM three piece wing.

I can't wait to have it paint and put on the car. I have a question, how do you mount the stock fog lights in the L sportline bumper. Do you mount the two screws from the rear? L sportline could have done a better job incorperating the fogs.
Old 02-12-10, 08:48 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Id stick with the tte lip, imo
Old 02-12-10, 09:30 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 1UZ-SC
Yeah it hasn't been working.

Email me: thomasp23@hotmail.com
Maybe your option to receive PM's is turned off?
Old 02-12-10, 09:46 AM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

L-Sportline, more aggressive look IMO and like you said the curve in the front prevents scraping...

Very Old Pict...
Old 02-12-10, 10:33 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want the L-Sportline kit so bad..... Anybody seen one for sale anywhere?
Old 02-12-10, 10:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by shvc1991
I want the L-Sportline kit so bad..... Anybody seen one for sale anywhere?
alex sold his in the classifieds like a week or so ago and one sold month before that in the classifieds

Quick Reply: Which front end do you think is better?