GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

You are feeling sleepy.... very sleepy...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-02, 03:01 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that"s power !!!!!!!!!!!

yezzzzz......

Old 05-25-02, 03:52 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Is this all on stock internals?Have you upgraded your transmission at all?If not what have you done to ensure engine reliability?

Or do you feel that the motor and tranny are capable of handling that much hp.

Thanks
Old 05-25-02, 04:59 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

GS400_PUSHER, lexlyf: Sorry to have missed you guys. I wasn't in town but for a couple of hours each day. Marken, the things you heard, where they all the bad words that hurt my ears?!? No good stories on the ride home as there was too much police out. FWIW I got home quick and it does haul from 80 on up.

Dex: You could tell me to clean it, but everyones doing that now

JAC JZS: Actually I think it's probably closer to 500. Still as you said it tops or matches most of what's coming which was my goal.

LexCiting: The fame will be so fleeting, I know what you all are up to.

Richie: Having a dog I can appreciate the analogy. LOL....

CamryRR: The tracks have opened. It's about time I go up there. I'll have to see when I can get out and if I get through tech.

a1exus: Thanks for contributing...

Originally posted by BadBtsz4u
Is this all on stock internals?Have you upgraded your transmission at all?If not what have you done to ensure engine reliability?

Or do you feel that the motor and tranny are capable of handling that much hp.

Thanks
This is on stock internals. Other than the TC and tranny cooler, nope. Are they capable? Hmmm.... I dunno. Over 1/3 my miles have been with supercharger now and I've not had a single problem. Mo thinks it should hold together with some TLC. If it doesn't then I'll let you all know and rebuild the motor and/or trans to make sure it doesn't break again. Same attitude I had going into the original supercharger install for those that can remember. People thought I was crazy then, I may be crazy now but hey *shrug* that's me.

As a final note: I was as surprised as anyone at the power being put out. For where I'm at now I'm done with power adders. I need brakes :eek:. Seriously there will always be someone with more power so I also need to start on some of the luxury aspects, audio, some interior trim etc.. Nothing to really take away from the sleeper aspect (BTW: the current SC mods make it a bit quieter than the previous one) but I need to upgrade.

Thanks for all the kind words and remember: Marry a cool wife!
Old 05-25-02, 05:46 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Now there you go Mr. J..... A real M5 KILLA.....Nice...
Old 05-25-02, 07:03 PM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yah- I agree with Bad....What kind of compromise for reliability are you getting? Nice HP... but damn ...I dunno how long stock internals will hold that kind of power!! Although you can pretty much say to anyone " U can't touch this"!!

Again "Very Nice!"

Peace
Old 05-25-02, 10:30 PM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome...awesome!!!

At least we know that the GS can be "future-proofed" to match the competition offerings in the near term.

I wonder what kind of $$$$ we are talking about to up the power to that supercar level? Does anyone know also if this kind of mod is smog legal?
Old 05-25-02, 10:38 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

LexCiting: The fame will be so fleeting, I know what you all are up to.
And I thought I was the only one that knew.

Congratulations on these AWESOME numbers. Definitely brings pleasure to my eyes.
Old 05-25-02, 10:53 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

"If it breaks I'll be rebuild the engine,".......I respect that. I think that this attitude is what will show how much power the GS can really handle over a period of time. This is the truest measure for performance in my book. You can estimate the max power capabilities vs reliability all you want, but untill you break something, you just don't know for sure. This is exactly what happened with the Supra scene within the past several years. Without this attitude of people such as yourself, I doubt there would be 900RWHP supras running around. This attitude doesn't come cheap, but we should all be thankfull for the information it provides.....IMHO.
Old 05-26-02, 12:29 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by JAC JZS

More like 525hp:eek: (420 RWHP)
I was about to say that..heeheehee Its safe to say 525hp at the crank with a 20% driveline loss.... I MUST have it!!!!!!
Old 05-26-02, 07:25 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JAC JZS
More like 525hp (420 RWHP)
Originally posted by tinygs
I was about to say that..heeheehee Its safe to say 525hp at the crank with a 20% driveline loss.... I MUST have it!!!!!!
Your absolutely right tinygs
Old 05-26-02, 07:39 AM
altaf
Pole Position

Damn I'm glad I bought a GS. Looking at those numbers, I know I can keep this ride for quite some time and continue to enhance its performance.

Mr. Johnson: You mentioned the GS can "haul from 80 on up." How about off the line performance... do you feel it was greatly enhanced as well?

-Altaf
Old 05-26-02, 03:13 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by altaf
Damn I'm glad I bought a GS. Looking at those numbers, I know I can keep this ride for quite some time and continue to enhance its performance.

Mr. Johnson: You mentioned the GS can "haul from 80 on up." How about off the line performance... do you feel it was greatly enhanced as well?

-Altaf
Yeah!!! Please let us know about the low end side!!!! Is it quick off the line
Old 05-26-02, 07:40 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

VERY NICE! That's some SICK HP! Damn, I need my supercharger! Those guys in Japan take their time!
Old 05-28-02, 12:28 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally posted by GS400_PUSHER

Yeah!!! Please let us know about the low end side!!!! Is it quick off the line
Is it quick off the line? Yeah, It's quick off the line!

Take a look at the TQ curve, remember that stock was ~253 and dropped off after 4K. I'm at ~250 right away and it keeps getting stronger. The TC was locked so you don't see the effects of that here but it will get the engine to 3K quickly.

Now, while it's quick I'd say it still doesn't hit as hard as a Z06 in 1st or second. OTOH I'm hauling a *lot* more weight around.

Mariusz: My wallet is hoping things hold together. Actually after thinking about it a bit I compared this to the twin turbo f-body I had considered a couple years ago. That was good for 450 RWHP and the stock ls1 motor, which runs pretty high compression, would hold that. The trans was iffy and the rear end was an OK as long as you stayed on street tires. This doesn't seem so far off from that scenario and I'm hoping Toyota has a bit more QC for the various pieces. *shrug*
Old 05-28-02, 12:39 PM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

stage 3 huh, how much boost do you have?

Was this the "KIT"? Did it include fuel adjustments? bigger fuel injectors?

Does anyone know if lexus uses a cast or forged piston? What about the rods? I hear they use a 6 bolt main, but is the rest of the motor built that stong?

Show us a picture....love to hang that up as a "next mod" someday.........

dam, 525hp!

Quick Reply: You are feeling sleepy.... very sleepy...