GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New owner help and advice – Shocks and front end.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-10, 02:10 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by xfea
I’m new to this forum – just joined a few weeks ago, needing information about the front end ‘issues’ I have with my 2001 GS 300.

I did just enough searching and reading to figure I needed the bushings re-done.
I read about the DAIZEN solution and wanted to go that route.

There are a LOT of posts about TM Engineering, authentic (yes/no?), still in business (?), etc.

I wanted to update everyone about my TM Engineering experience.

February 25, 2010, 4:05 PM.
Ordered from TM Engineering on-line:

• DAIZEN Front Control Arm Bushing Kit
• DAIZEN Sway Bar Bushing Kit
• DAIZEN Steering Rack Bushing Kit
• OEM Tie Rod Ends & Lower Ball Joint Set

Total $466.27

February 26, 2010, 12:33 AM.
I receive an e-mail informing me that Steering Rack Bushings and Upper Control Arm Bushings are out of stock but on order and the expected wait is 2-3 weeks.

Would I like to receive a partial order of what they do have in stock now and wait, or wait until everything is ready at the same time?

I sent my reply on February 26, 2010 at 7:25 PM. (Friday) to send what they can now.
The next day, Saturday February 27, 2010 I receive my partial order:
• DAIZEN Front (Lower) Control Arm Bushings
• DAIZEN Sway Bar Bushing Kit
• OEM Tie Rod Ends & Lower Ball Joint Set

March 3, 2010
Charge to my credit card for $380.00

March 12, 2010
E-mail informing me order is prepared for shipment via USPS.
Charge to my credit card for $80.00.

March 15, 2010
Receive rest of order:
• DAIZEN Front (Upper) Control Arm Bushings
• DAIZEN Steering Rack Bushing Kit

Yes, I couldn’t talk on the phone to the guy, but the e-mails and service were the epitome of professionalism and courtesy. And he charged me $0.27 less than the order!
jus a heads up OP you probably coulda gotten the OEM Tie Rod Ends & Lower Ball Joint Set cheaper from sewell but im not 100%

thats good to know bout your order. when i ordered, i ordered for another guy on here also as the shipping would be cheaper and the owner of TM called me, yes called me to make sure i actually needed two sets of each one i orderded. i got mine in with no issues. glad u got good results as i finally installed my daizen steering rack bushings and sway bar bushings (i say finally as i ordered them probably 8 months or longer ago) and now i need the control arm bushings (mechanic has confirmed my control arm bushings are fried)

SPEAKING OF, anyone know if the # 2 CONTROL ARM BUSHING is included in the 01-05 G2-2002A set from daizen? my mechanic, after looking at the pics on TM'S website said they dont look the same but i wanna verify this info as TM'S site says "(One kit services all arms on front of one vehicle)"
Old 03-16-10, 02:36 PM
lyonkster
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj

SPEAKING OF, anyone know if the # 2 CONTROL ARM BUSHING is included in the 01-05 G2-2002A set from daizen? my mechanic, after looking at the pics on TM'S website said they dont look the same but i wanna verify this info as TM'S site says "(One kit services all arms on front of one vehicle)"
Yes they are. I just got my G2-2002A kit from TM yesterday (within 10 days of ordering), and the #2 CA bushings are in the kit, as expected. They are the only bushings I plan to replace at this point, hopefully this weekend.
Old 03-16-10, 02:40 PM
xfea
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
I am almost 100% certain that yes - the DAIZEN Control Arm Bushing Set from TM has ALL the stuff you need.

I'm looking at the packages now.

One bag - the upper control arm bushings - has 12 bushings (half bushings?) and 4 metal sleeves.

Other bag - Lower control arm bushings - has 2 BIG bushings, 4 smaller bushings (half bushings) and 4 metal sleeves.

There are a bunch of grease packets in there too.
Old 03-16-10, 02:55 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by lyonkster
Yes they are. I just got my G2-2002A kit from TM yesterday (within 10 days of ordering), and the #2 CA bushings are in the kit, as expected. They are the only bushings I plan to replace at this point, hopefully this weekend.
Originally Posted by xfea
I am almost 100% certain that yes - the DAIZEN Control Arm Bushing Set from TM has ALL the stuff you need.

I'm looking at the packages now.

One bag - the upper control arm bushings - has 12 bushings (half bushings?) and 4 metal sleeves.

Other bag - Lower control arm bushings - has 2 BIG bushings, 4 smaller bushings (half bushings) and 4 metal sleeves.

There are a bunch of grease packets in there too.
thanks you two. i appreciate it.