GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Fricken bicycle rider hit my car and expected me pay him!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-10, 02:52 AM
Matt2828
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid cyclists!

I always see them run stop signs and red lights. Alright, we have to look for them and be careful of them, but they have to be careful of us too, the road rules apply and they need to follow them!

Good news tho, a couple days ago I saw a cyclist run straight through a red light when the crossing was on and people were crossing, there was an undercover cop at the red light who took off after him! HA that'll teach him!
Old 02-26-10, 06:23 AM
SirBev
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And then when they do stupid things like this they think that they are in the right, one day he will hit a truck
Old 02-26-10, 06:27 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is Washington DC, cyclist swear they can pedal as fast as a car drives. One day, i WILL clip a cyclist! You should have called the Police.
Old 02-26-10, 07:40 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by duby1
dude, that sucks. I would of smack the ***** out of that guy if he asked me to pay him
I'm sure most of us would have too, including the Op... but with freaked out kiddies in the car Craptastic situation man, sorry to hear bout ur bad luck.
Old 02-26-10, 07:48 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SYNSEI
He was probably one of those fixed gear hipsters. Fixies don't have brakes and I've seen more than a few riders almost get themselves merked out by cars.
Lol.. we have a lot those here two.. they are primarily bike couriers and think they are way too cool for school.

Op. Sorry to hear about this and you did the right thing by just keeping a cool head, especially in front of your kids.
Old 02-26-10, 08:08 AM
fro20
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do cycle frequently and in the summer cycle 16 miles one way to work. So ya a few times I have run stop signs. But I was very careful to look and make sure noone was even at the sign and it was all clear.

That said, I as a part time cyclist realize that a car will effin kill me, and my bike will just dent the car. So I make sure to stay out of there way.

I dont understand why I see so many cyclists in the road when they have more room in the bike lane. No matter what the LAW says, they should realize that the car will always win and if your are dead, it doesn't matter who had the right of way.

Jeremy
Old 02-26-10, 09:31 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not one, but for those that do cycle responsibly and often, this sucks cause that douche just adds to the stereotype.

Doesn't it suck to be in a stressful situation and after the fact be like crap I shoulda called the cops; now I have to cover the deductible and worry about fighting a looming lawsuit! Not that the Op's feelin' it, but I would be! Haha!
Old 02-26-10, 09:38 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Is there any reason (that you can post) why you didn't automatically call the cops for an injury accident?
Old 02-26-10, 09:49 AM
melski415
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Is there any reason (that you can post) why you didn't automatically call the cops for an injury accident?
I actually posted hours after. Like i said, I wanted to call the cops for a report but he decided to leave. and the only thing i can think of was getting my kids out of there. and i knew my insurance would cover + i had a witness incase he tries something.
I wanted to woop his a%$, but he was already badly bleeding and bruised up.
Old 02-26-10, 10:29 AM
TheBean
Driver

Sorry to hear this...

Any pics of the damage?
Old 02-26-10, 12:13 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

So I guess most cyclists are the same then :| And he tried to claim compensation? Sounds like a bad joke

If they want to use the road they should pay rego/taxes like everyone else on the road. Most of them I see arrogant ****** too (in Oz).

That really sucks about the car, hope the damage isn't too bad.
Old 02-26-10, 09:14 PM
melski415
Lead Lap

Just cuz this happened, it didn't stop me from doing mods. I just went from dub status to vip. Put on 20" staggered rims and lowered my car myself. Great diy thread btw. Now for that damn dent. I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow and it will be ready by next week!!!
Old 02-26-10, 09:58 PM
MaSfLOw
Pole Position

that b a mouth shot..any1 comes near my lexus or even opens a door close to my car i tell them REALLY DID YOU REALLY HAVE TO OPEN YOUR DOOR LIKE THAT LOLL..but thats good your insurance is taking care of it..damm moron i tell you.are u gonna pay me who say;s that loll..
Old 02-26-10, 10:02 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Clean400
Where I live cyclist think they own the roads. .... The worst part is in my city there is a dedicated bike path and they don't even friggen use it.
Vancouver too. *shakes head*
Old 02-26-10, 11:14 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

man this is really funny i meant when the guy asked about the $$$$$ since u drive lexus!!! lol it cracked me up, but good to hear u have the ensurance to cover up,poor kids :CC dude after the cyclest crashed ,u should off jump out the car and gave him some good punches in da face jk/ !!!! thats what i would done if someone trys to hit os scrach my LeXXXX;s.

Quick Reply: Fricken bicycle rider hit my car and expected me pay him!!