GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Are you interested in clear lense for the stock fog lights?
Yes.
36.44%
No.
11.02%
Yes depending on the price.
48.31%
No this is a dum idea.
4.24%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Fog Light Modifications Lense

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-10, 10:31 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

to the top
Old 12-24-10, 06:01 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

This looks pretty cool...as mentioned before what about just using Lexan?

A mold shouldn't be hard to come by. Why not just use the stock lense (since it's off already) and put it in something like plaster of paris to make the mold. Then pour the lexan into it. Break open the plaster of paris and the new lense should come out exact with exact fitment.

I would mess around with this myself but I have other high priority things on my plate right now...such as starting the baby's room; I only have 4 mos. left and I heard it comes real fast. lol
Old 12-24-10, 09:24 AM
Agent0024
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
This looks pretty cool...as mentioned before what about just using Lexan?
Lexan scratches easily. I had Lexan on one of my old project before and it didn't stayed clear very long. Put Lexan down low where the fog lights are and they'll get sand blasted and turn opaque within days.
Old 12-24-10, 04:09 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
well, i emailed them so we'll c. fingers crossed
Originally Posted by sam430
to the top

they never did answer me sam
Old 12-24-10, 05:23 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im soooo interested in this. I hope we get somewhere with this
Old 02-19-11, 08:39 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

bringing this back up.....

ANYONE know if the lexus 93 style es300's projectors (from their fogs) will fit into our fogs? or if the IS300's projector will work?

vlad, where's the cheapest place to get blazer fogs? and about how much are they? is it worth getting the ionized lens ones?

when i search google i keep getting hits for CHEVY blazer fogs even when i try blazer retro fog kits etc. best/cheapest place i seen them is on here for $75 bucks anywhere else cheaper?i also emailed him to see if he will do them but no word yet....

http://www.customlightz.com/?p=p_150...light-retrofit

also any progress on your end with the CAD file?

Last edited by sakataj; 02-19-11 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-19-11, 10:40 AM
philipjdm
Driver

how nice do the projectors from the is and es shoot? if it has a clean cut off and it's bright, im in on this retro.
Old 02-20-11, 12:11 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Whats up Vlad?, how's the project goin?
Old 02-20-11, 09:17 PM
Kzem
Pole Position

ANYONE know if the lexus 93 style es300's projectors (from their fogs) will fit into our fogs? or if the IS300's projector will work?

vlad, where's the cheapest place to get blazer fogs? and about how much are they? is it worth getting the ionized lens ones?

when i search google i keep getting hits for CHEVY blazer fogs even when i try blazer retro fog kits etc. best/cheapest place i seen them is on here for $75 bucks anywhere else cheaper?i also emailed him to see if he will do them but no word yet....

Hey i thought i mite just put in a little input. I found these blazers for $45.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ev1drfrsbravpp

The cheapest ive seen so far.

Ive been considering headlight and foglight mods but i think ill be handing them to someone that knows a lot more of what they r doing than me since i dont have the money or time to experiment.
Old 02-21-11, 08:53 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kzem

Ive been considering headlight and foglight mods but i think ill be handing them to someone that knows a lot more of what they r doing than me since i dont have the money or time to experiment.
ty very much thats def cheaper than the $75 i found, appreciate it

well my headlight retro im gonna let tony @ luxurymods do but this one im gonna do myself, my biggets concern is finding a lens or something to put back onto the fog light after i remove the lens
Old 02-21-11, 12:28 PM
SidhuGs300
Pole Position

I like the projector in the fog lamps...it is extremely bright, is it street legal though?
Old 02-21-11, 09:11 PM
Kzem
Pole Position

well my headlight retro im gonna let tony @ luxurymods do but this one im gonna do myself, my biggets concern is finding a lens or something to put back onto the fog light after i remove the lens
Anytime. Im always down to support forum vendors but ive been lookin at this one company that has been comming up with top notch work and i have an idea for a Q45 retro that would be amazing if they could pull it off. Wont share the details yet but when i have the funds it will deff. be a first on a GS or any car for that matter. Good Luck with your retros and if u need any help lemme kno. ill try my best
Old 02-27-11, 11:50 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

To do the retro is not difficult especially since there isnt much movement in the foglight housing itself. The issue is still finding a suitable replacement for the lense.

I paid roughly the same price. They were always on ebay for $20-35 shipped but I havent seen them available in a while. Retrofitsource is a great website and their prices are competitive.

Originally Posted by eskaeone
Whats up Vlad?, how's the project goin?
Slow. Depending on other people who have too much on their plate. Thats life in the city that never sleeps

Originally Posted by philipjdm
how nice do the projectors from the is and es shoot? if it has a clean cut off and it's bright, im in on this retro.
The es projectors are nice and give out a beautiful yellow beam. But sizing might be an issue. IS I have never used so I am not sure.

Brian, I wouldnt use customlightz if I were in your shoes I've heard quite a few bad stories. Plus I doubt he has the experience to do it. I would advice to check out hidillusionz.com, he's done quite a few cars for me and I've refered many of my friends to him and they have been extremely satisfied. Cad is still pending. I hope to get to a resolution within the next month. ES projectors might work its only a matter of measuring them, IS I have no idea.

Originally Posted by SidhuGs300
I like the projector in the fog lamps...it is extremely bright, is it street legal though?
Who knows, but I doubt a cop would say anything especially if the beam is low to ground and isnt scattered, which with a projector that is the case, no one would be hurt by its intensity. So shouldnt be an issue.

Anytime. Im always down to support forum vendors but ive been lookin at this one company that has been comming up with top notch work and i have an idea for a Q45 retro that would be amazing if they could pull it off. Wont share the details yet but when i have the funds it will deff. be a first on a GS or any car for that matter. Good Luck with your retros and if u need any help lemme kno. ill try my best
Good luck with your idea, hope you can create something
Old 02-28-11, 07:34 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spyder78
I would advice to check out hidillusionz.com, he's done quite a few cars for me and I've refered many of my friends to him and they have been extremely satisfied. Cad is still pending. I hope to get to a resolution within the next month.
will check into them vlad when i get back from ATL thanks
Old 02-28-11, 09:57 AM
starfyrels
Account under Legal Action - Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a thought -- maybe it would be simpler to use existing 'headlight' covers. They make some clear plastic ones for older cars with huge one piece headlights. Obv. those were heated at some point and then molded. So there should be no reason why they couldn't be re-heated.

At the point it gets reheated you take it out of your oven or away from your torch or heater, or whatever and after its been molded you get it sanded; wet sanded and then clearcoated -- any shop will let you know that they can make your car show car quality clearcoat (think wet look) for a price right? -- I'm thinking that fiberglass i.e. porsche, corvettes etc are all some form of plastic with paint and those are bumpers and lips that are painted and withstand rock chips here and there. So let's say you get it cleared a few times and then wetsanded and buffed; you'd have it finished and it could technically withstand the elements...

Not forgetting some sort of resin/glue that can withstand some heat; i.e bulb heat once you glue that cover onto the existing housing?

OR

Create and entire housing that can be created too fit inside the housing and then we can get a glass housing made to fit ont top of that housing.

Just my .02.

Quick Reply: Fog Light Modifications Lense