GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

SF Bay Area body shop

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-02, 02:35 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default SF Bay Area body shop

Hi guys,

For those who live in the Bay Area, do you know of a good body shop to get some work done? I just want some parts (lip & sides) painted and installed. I've been to some to get "regular" repairs done but have not gone to any to get "upgrades" done.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 05-29-02, 05:13 PM
GS300.ru
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try AutoEuropa in San Mateo
They fixed/repaired so many cars for me already, AAA approved as well. Call them and ask Dave
Old 05-29-02, 06:41 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

What are the labor rates like?
Old 05-29-02, 07:10 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meanboy just take the time to drive to Southern California. Northern California has one of those antiquated unions for those workers so the labor rate is double here. Expect $65/hr here for paint versus $34/hr in Los Angeles. I get my work done by a Lexus recommended paint shop called Ron's Body Shop in Torrance.
Old 05-29-02, 07:46 PM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

DO NOT patronize Serramonte Auto Body even though they are recommended by Serramonte Lexus. To make the long story short, they chopped my lsportline roof spoiler and put it at the wrong place and they denied their fault claiming they have no clue on how to work on ALL non lexus factory products despite that they accepted the job with my instructions. They even screwed up my TTE spoiler 3 times and claiming the reason for the screw up is indeed the quailty of the spoiler is ****ty. I almost got kicked out of the place for demanding my refund on the job but I just let it go since I don't have the time to deal with low life losers like them. The owner is named Rick and he also drives a GS but I don't think crooks like that deserve a nice car like that....
Old 05-29-02, 11:15 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Dave. I was actually thinking about calling Serramonte Auto Body since they were recommended by Serramonte Lexus.

Anyone else?

I would consider going down south since I am down there a few times a year but wouldn't they need a few working days? I am usually only down there weekends and holidays. Since I am adding parts, wouldn't there be paint matching issues if they do not have enough time with my car there?
Old 05-29-02, 11:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yea going to LA area would be much cheaper but it will take several days, not everyone like us up in north cali can do. you might wanna try allen's autobody, they are famous for their paint job. i tried once and it's great. they are in san carlos
Old 05-30-02, 01:58 AM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

I need my trunk lid repainted because my wife decided the green sponge used to clean the pots with would be good for the car. The clearcoat is moderately scratched in more places then I care to look at. Good thing it's white..

LA is too far for any type of touch work if it's needed. Though it is a great idea.

Serramonte Body Shop does work for Ford as well? My GT came with some dirt in the paint and foolishly I sent it back to the dealer to have it fixed. Three shades of red later I was done. I wonder if they did it?

Serramonte Lexus is the dealership that cannot fix the rattles in my dash. I poked around the vents for the windshield and I noticed that the dash has a slight bubble in it. I pushed down on the area around the bubble and it's solid but I press on the bubble and it goes down. Is this a dash replacement?

Last edited by meanboy; 05-30-02 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-30-02, 10:39 AM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

I've heard alot of good things about Marina Auto Body on Bryant Street between 3rd/4th st in downtown SF. Two of my co-workers both had their car fixed there before after a severe accident and all they had were compliments about the place. These two co-workers of mine are the most picky people i know and they told me the job was top notch without any rattle or paint mismatch whatsoever. It was as close to factory as it can get from what i've heard.
Old 05-30-02, 05:58 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Neo - Haven't done much body work lately but if you want to get down to the south bay, Bee Line did very respectable work. Don't know if they specialize in installation of body kits. They aren't cheap but they do good work, seems like most of the bimmer and Merc work in the south bay from the dealers went there. There were one or two small guys who do excellent work that I dealt with in my more exotic concours days but I am not sure that they survived. I will see if I can find anymore names.