GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

deciding on gs4

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05, 10:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
good find e.

Rom-sounds like you're lucky your woman got stuck in traffic driving a stick

well she says that the is300 is too slow, so she says maybe one day we can get the m3

hopefully another stick shift lexus coming soon
Old 05-06-05, 06:43 PM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Henry, I hope you don't mind me doing this. I was reading your recent post about how you have lost interest in taking pictures of your car and really haven't done anything to it in a while in the way of mods. As I was reading your post, I remembered that I found this thread a while back dating back to when you first bought your car. It looks like you got the car in June of 2002. So in June of 2002 you made your very first post, and as of today, you have 26,719 posts. We are now coming up on June of 2005, so it has been a month shy of 3 years since you got your car, or exactly 1064 days. If you do the math, that works out to 25.111 posts per day. Truly amazing. I hope you don't lose interest in posting. If you did, the GS forum would never be the same again.

e
Old 05-07-05, 12:32 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by e-man
Henry, I hope you don't mind me doing this. I was reading your recent post about how you have lost interest in taking pictures of your car and really haven't done anything to it in a while in the way of mods. As I was reading your post, I remembered that I found this thread a while back dating back to when you first bought your car. It looks like you got the car in June of 2002. So in June of 2002 you made your very first post, and as of today, you have 26,719 posts. We are now coming up on June of 2005, so it has been a month shy of 3 years since you got your car, or exactly 1064 days. If you do the math, that works out to 25.111 posts per day. Truly amazing. I hope you don't lose interest in posting. If you did, the GS forum would never be the same again.

e
Don't worry. He is still modding the GS, just more slowly. He is paying a little more attention to the new SC430, that's all.
Old 05-07-05, 05:54 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow

H's 1st post

yeah ive been feeling Henry doesnt care about his GS anymore

time to part it out
Old 05-07-05, 06:19 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn newb..... don't you know a Lexus is better than a BMW any day?!?! Oh wait, is this one of those ancient threads....who's rominl????
Old 05-09-05, 11:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
Damn newb..... don't you know a Lexus is better than a BMW any day?!?! Oh wait, is this one of those ancient threads....who's rominl????
haha i hate you jon to be honest you have no idea how much i learned from all the members here on CL. it's just amazing. i can't thank enough people about what i have gained here.

well, i guess i can post up updates here. the gs4 is still here, i think we will stay with the gs4 for a while. in terms of modding, i guess it makes sense to say that after certain point, you just start to slow down. given that i have already said before i will never ever get FI for the car, having the tc and lsd is already the last big move for me.

most of you know my thoughts about moving on to another car, but thta doesn't seem to happen any time soon. with my wife having so much fun with her sc430 guess i just have to find my fun with the gs4

i have to admit though, i am in fact losing a bit interest in the gs4. dont' get me wrong, i still love the car, but probably guess i can't find anything that i want to do to the car, i am not getting the kid of excitement i had before. it sux, but i don't know what i can do about it.

i thought about taking some pictures of the car, but then every time i see the pics i took and the pics YOU GUYS took, i just put down my camera and went "sigh".... i am serious. it's like showing my high school yr book picture compared to the ones you take at wedding @_@
Old 05-10-05, 02:38 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hi guys i am new to here and this is my first post.

i am now in the market of getting a car and my coworker is leaving the country and is selling his gs4. it's blue with tan interior. the car is 1998 and it only has 32k miles with it. my coworker keeps the car well and it's in excellent condition.

it has cd changer and spoiler, but no hids and only the stock alloy wheels. he is asking for 26k

what do you guys think? is it worth it? please convince me to get it if you guys think it's a good deal

i am currently driving the acura tl-s, and if i get the gs4 i will be switching cars with my gf from time to time.

thanks!

Its a Lemon, DONT BUY IT!!! (could you imagine how your life would be if you hadnt bought it?)

Haha, now we all know your GS doesnt have auto Leveling
Old 05-10-05, 04:46 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Hey Rominl, since your getting bored with this car I will take it off your hands LOL Could really use 2 GS parked in the garage Also have you thought about a new set of wheels for the car? You know wheels really make the car so maybe it's time for a new look for you to get excited all over again
Old 05-10-05, 09:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
Its a Lemon, DONT BUY IT!!! (could you imagine how your life would be if you hadnt bought it?)

Haha, now we all know your GS doesnt have auto Leveling
hahahhaa, thanks for telling, i JUST found out about that the other day
Old 05-10-05, 09:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Hey Rominl, since your getting bored with this car I will take it off your hands LOL Could really use 2 GS parked in the garage Also have you thought about a new set of wheels for the car? You know wheels really make the car so maybe it's time for a new look for you to get excited all over again
i thought i offered you my car. you can use one red and one blue gs

new wheels? maybe, but if i get another set of wheels for the car when i shed out so much money for the hre, i think my wife would kill me
Old 05-10-05, 09:33 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i thought i offered you my car. you can use one red and one blue gs

new wheels? maybe, but if i get another set of wheels for the car when i shed out so much money for the hre, i think my wife would kill me
you could put your HREs on the SC
Old 05-10-05, 09:58 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

And you can tell her it's an early Christmas present
Old 05-10-05, 10:50 AM
Neo
The One

The HREs on the GS are not aggressive enough (offset-wise) for the SC430.
Old 05-10-05, 11:40 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
The HREs on the GS are not aggressive enough (offset-wise) for the SC430.
probably still more aggressive than stock SC wheels, no?
Old 05-10-05, 11:43 AM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by chuckb
probably still more aggressive than stock SC wheels, no?
This is true but it won't be pushing the limits of the SC430 fitment and you know that's not good enough for rominl.

Quick Reply: deciding on gs4