GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How to polish The GS's Intake ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-10, 09:33 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow How to polish The GS's Intake ??

Anybody wanna give out some tips??i wanna to polish it this week ,Plaese list some tips and steps cuz dont really feeling like ruin the manifold!!!lol
THANKs
Old 03-07-10, 10:56 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by iloveGS4xx
Anybody wanna give out some tips??i wanna to polish it this week ,Plaese list some tips and steps cuz dont really feeling like ruin the manifold!!!lol
THANKs
its a lot of work, i did my honda v6 manifold back in the day 40+ hours of sanding.
Old 03-07-10, 10:58 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

the outside or inside??

i say just pay someone to slave over it! lol
Old 03-07-10, 11:07 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

outside !! hahah man thats a good idea!! and make sure they'l do it by hands lol idk i wanna do it my self should be fun!!!!
Old 03-07-10, 11:29 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

get a orbital sander and go to town.
maybe a dremel for the smaller spots
Old 03-08-10, 12:05 AM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

have u done it on urs???Pics would be nice?thanks
Old 03-08-10, 03:26 AM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i havent done mine. should be the same way for all polishing projects
Old 03-08-10, 03:50 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Polishing the intake is one of those things you do once. After that, on future cars, only two options remain: hire someone else, or learn to love the cast finish. Speaking from experience, I'd go with option #2.
Old 03-08-10, 07:45 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
Polishing the intake is one of those things you do once. After that, on future cars, only two options remain: hire someone else, or learn to love the cast finish. Speaking from experience, I'd go with option #2.
AHAHAHAH! So true!
Old 03-08-10, 09:20 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please do an ADVANCED SEARCH.

Try using key words like "polish", "manifold" or "buff" and then specify to search within the "GS 2nd Gen Forum".

There's almost no general question that hasn't been answered several times over the past 12 YEARS since the GS model has existed, and some of the best answers can be found from the VETERAN & less active members of the past versus expecting New & more active members (2008 to present) to have all the answers.

If you still don't find all the info you need, reply to one of the older and more helpful threads so that the discussion can progress and our knowledgebase can grow.

Doing it in this way helps everyone and is wayyy more constructive than seeing a new thread with an old topic, pop up with scattered replies and no new info.

I'll give you one hint: In addition to entering a key word, also specify the screen name "RMMGS4" .

Search and you will find.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-08-10 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-08-10, 03:58 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

Thanks man !!finally someone who has the answer i will, the pic looks hoT where can i get carbon fiber cover?

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

Try using key words like "polish", "manifold" or "buff" and then specify to search within the "GS 2nd Gen Forum".

There's almost no general question that hasn't been answered several times over the past 12 YEARS since the GS model has existed, and some of the best answers can be found from the VETERAN & less active members of the past versus expecting New & more active members (2008 to present) to have all the answers.

If you still don't find all the info you need, reply to one of the older and more helpful threads so that the discussion can progress and our knowledgebase can grow.

Doing it in this way helps everyone and is wayyy more constructive than seeing a new thread with an old topic, pop up with scattered replies and no new info.

I'll give you one hint: In addition to entering a key word, also specify the screen name "RMMGS4" .

Search and you will find.

Old 03-08-10, 03:59 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

Thanks i will
Old 03-08-10, 04:03 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iloveGS4xx
Thanks man !!finally someone who has the answer i will, the pic looks hoT where can i get carbon fiber cover?
You're welcome.

You can search for Carbon Fiber Cover too.

It's made by Rod Millen Motorsport, so try classifieds or start with L-TunedParts.com .
Old 03-08-10, 05:24 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

i learned the hard way back in 2000 on my first motorcycle. i decided i was gonna hand polish my frame...........OMFG NEVER, NEVER AGAIN. worth paying someone else to do it.
Old 03-08-10, 05:40 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4

Can we sticky this post on the top of the page? BTW, that polishing with the CF engine cover looks great!

Quick Reply: How to polish The GS's Intake ??