GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lexus gs300 AC Fan Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-10, 03:36 PM
zwii
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus gs300 AC Fan Problem

Hello Everyone I have a question about the problem with my AC fun . I've got the lexus gs300 1999 and the Fun of Ac / Ventilation . When I turn it on and change the level there is no reaction I can't feel the difference but on the screen I can change the level . WHat is the problem ? Blown fan ? module ?
any ideas ?
Old 03-15-10, 05:00 PM
zwii
Driver School Candidate

Please help people !
Old 03-16-10, 02:00 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by zwii
Hello Everyone I have a question about the problem with my AC fun . I've got the lexus gs300 1999 and the Fun of Ac / Ventilation . When I turn it on and change the level there is no reaction I can't feel the difference but on the screen I can change the level . WHat is the problem ? Blown fan ? module ?
any ideas ?
Please help people !
im sorry....i cant understand you to help you. what is ac fun? do u mean fan? i assume so but then you say i have a 1999 gs300 with the fun of ac/ventilation so even the word fan doesn't make sense here

no im not trying to be funny i really dont know what your trying to say there or below

and explain this please

When I turn it on and change the level there is no reaction I can't feel the difference but on the screen I can change the level
when you turn it on...nothing is happening? as in you change it on the screen (do you mean nav screen or lcd screen?) nothing happens? is air coming out anywhere? does the blower motor under your dash come on?

i will try and help you but please speak so i can understand you....
Old 03-18-10, 12:38 AM
ydjy
Rookie

I think I understand this dialect. The man was driving his car and wanted to vent some steam, but even after his fun bar was as long as it gets, he couldn't get any blow job. So he wants us to tell him how to poke fun so that he can get some pumping action

Seriously tho. If your cabin fan doesn't work, first check the fuse (50 amp fuse labeled HEATER, fuse box in the engine compartment), then the relay (heater relay, left kick panel). If these check okay, you may want to take a trip to the stealer.
Old 03-19-10, 08:56 AM
zwii
Driver School Candidate

Sorry but I made a mistake I mean fan doesn't work I've checked the fuses and all ok . I can see changes on the green screen but no air ...
Old 03-19-10, 09:30 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry but I made a mistake I mean fan doesn't work I've checked the fuses and all ok . I can see changes on the green screen but no air ...
so the blower motor isnt coming on? have you checked the blower motor to see if it has power/voltage?
Old 03-19-10, 10:34 AM
zwii
Driver School Candidate

Yes I've checked it . It's working wery well there is no power on cables comming from ac module . Yes blower motor isnt coming on
Old 03-19-10, 11:20 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Yes I've checked it . It's working wery well there is no power on cables comming from ac module . Yes blower motor isnt coming on
sorry little confused by your wording again.

no power on cables coming ac module? possible bad ac module but VERY unlikely. as silly as this sounds....is the blower motor still plugged in,perhaps the plug is out (mine fell out one day) or your motor is bad but i would take this to someone more familiar with it.

if i was there im sure i could diagnose it but without me being there i dunno for sure sir
Old 09-23-10, 09:49 AM
Michael
Driver

zwii,

I do not know if you have resolve this problem. I have an older LS model and experiencing similar problem. Would appreciate it if you could send me an e-mail regarding the problem resolution.
cmk033@yahoo.com
Old 09-23-10, 10:08 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Michael
zwii,

I do not know if you have resolve this problem. I have an older LS model and experiencing similar problem. Would appreciate it if you could send me an e-mail regarding the problem resolution.
cmk033@yahoo.com
he hasnt logged in, in almost 5 months dunno if he fixed it or not, might wanna PM him and see.

if i had to guess, i would say he had a bad blower motor but who knows, the details were REALLY vague and we had a language barrier issue
Old 09-23-10, 01:14 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Fun = Function lol!

Should type it out completely.

Sounds like your resistors died on each fan mode or the blower motor is becoming weak.
Old 09-24-10, 03:59 PM
Michael
Driver

Let me post my problem to you. I am not sure if this is an appropriate to post since my vehicle is 83 LS400 but here it is:

93 LS 400 fan blower is not blowing. It works sometimes and it does not other times. When I turn the A/C on, I can feel and hear the A/C compressor kicks in and some cold air comes in but the air is not being blown by the fan, regardless of fan speed setting, fan doesn't come on. Manual button come on as I push the low/mid/high setting fine but no blowing air. Note that some days when engine is cold blower fan works just fine.

I spent good couple of hours searching on the net for a solution and got following:

When fan is not bowing into the vent, it could be couple thing,
1) Blower motor control module could be bad. When the controller is bad, the fan is running at one speed at all time. The controller is located near fan blower itself, which is behind the glove compartment.
2) Blower motor relating to radio is related to a short in trunk or water leak in front windshield. Somehow, the phone connection inside the car is connected to these two functions (blower motor and sound system), as a hands-free operation requires the sound to be minimal. I've seen resolution of passenger side of trunk being watered and found to be the villain of this type of problem.
3) Blower works sometimes and doesn't. For this type of problem, by kicking the area where the blower is sometime resolves this problem. I still do not know what to do to fix this problem. Someone fixed this problem by taking apart the blower and then put them back together. Someone fixed it by replacing the blower.

I have a problem 3 and I cannot pin point where the problem is. Let me know if have a hunch.
Old 03-01-12, 09:34 AM
GSENTHUSIS
Driver School Candidate

Default Help ac blower nightmare !!!!!

I have a GS 400 i have a similar problem with a little twist. All of my controls work visualy on the blower unit screen as far as power hi speed low speed, however the blower does not engage, will not blow air hot or cold .
Now i have checked a few things. Ive tested the blower motor directly and it works fine. ive tested the ac plugs and there not receiving any power so what i did next was change the blower relay no difference... following this issue i tested the pins that the relay goes into and they are getting power so what i did was take a jump wire and connected pin 1 and pin 3 inside the blower relay area and it worked i could control the blower relay like normal from the blower moniter all speeds worked however no ac. Now however obviously i cannot leave a jump wire down in the side panel and i changed the old relay out for a new one but it didnt work im out of ideas as to why this is working like this i could really use some HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
please pm me or post back anything will be helpfull at this point

Last edited by GSENTHUSIS; 03-01-12 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-30-20, 10:05 PM
johndev
Driver School Candidate

Ac fan problem is the best critical problem for me. When I faced that ac fan problem at that time changed the fan but after changing ac was gone overheat . Then I decided to contact ac repair service center but I had no proper information.