GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Thanks to all the "Drifters" i screw'd up my Car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-02, 01:29 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't forget to inflate the tyres to the max !!!!!

at least 3.00Kg/cm.

and try again.........

yezzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 06-03-02, 01:34 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"because they look good"

*cough* ricer *cough*

CSHFLW im sick of you talking bad towards the GS saying its only a pimp mobile.... thats not true it can be FAST HANDLE WELL AND DRIFT IT CAN DO WHATEVER IT WANTS

there are many 4 door sedans for drift.. sure that was not its nature but thats why i mod the car to make it how i like it.. maybe YOUR GS is a pimp mobile.... that doesn't mean EVERYONE has to have a pimp mobile GS...

sorry for flaming just sick of you saying the GS is nothing but a fat boat. If iwatned a fat boat i would have got some old caddy
Old 06-03-02, 01:36 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

or ya and FF can be drifted with lift throttle oversteer and brake drift but its really not drifting because you are slowing down not speeding up so its useless... for style drift yes its possible but for the high speed drifting is pointless unless you are slowing down for a tightening turn then the technique is actually very good!

by tightening turn i mean a turn that starts off not bad but then sharpens into nearly a hairpin where it would be good to use brake and e-brake
Old 06-03-02, 01:58 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by LexusRules

CSHFLW im sick of you talking bad towards the GS saying its only a pimp mobile....
Your right....I giant 4 door car that weighs 2 tons is a great drift car.....

people buy the GS because it looks good and is built well....Theres nothing wrong fixing it up, look at me, I love to fix the car up....but I'm not making it something it's not....

It has horilble braking, steering, and handling...and aceleration is terrible....you can say I'm wrong all you want but I have owned many a car, driven many different cars and know what is out there in the world....adding mods to make those lacking areas better is a good thing, the car needs it. That way you have a car that looks good and does all those other things well too....I mean if your purpose was to buy a car that was a fast 4 door that handled well you wouldn't have bought a GS300. I just think it's dumb when people cry because they damaged there car trying to do things the car hasn't been built to do. You would laugh at me if I posted that I tried to off-road the GS and got stuck in a mud puddle....
Old 06-03-02, 02:02 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

no way it has bad breaks... one of the best brakes out there.

1.03G's is bad handling now? aright....

and i dont even have rims sways struts or anything. Just coilover and tire.

speed eh... so u think a 700RWHP GS with 2JZ is slow? well ok then....

sure stock the GS3 might not be quick or handle well... but look what a couple grand does.

What sedan would be better for a quick sedan that handles well over a GS3?? an M5??? hahahaha letm e laugh in your face. Its for rich buisness men that aren't into tuning.

i have a feeling you dont know what you're talking about....
Old 06-03-02, 02:23 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Please stop spitting out facts you read some where...and once again....if you did know what you are talking about you would know didn't pull 1G....come on man....

Yea, I use motor trends braking rating for the GS as a laugh when ever I go talk with people who DO know cars...I have owned cars with brembo brakes, I know what good braking is.

And please stop with the rude comments.

I think it's tight that you have dreams of doing a TT swap and have big HP numbers... I might do this to when I get another car and leave this one to sit and gather dusk. It will be tight.

Cam's car doesn't have good suspension, doesn't have good brakes, and has a bad wheel/tire combo for drifting, that plus a HUGE, heavy car....what should I say? Better luck next time? More like, you have a good looking car, take care of it, and stop trying to run it into the ground by doing careless things.
Old 06-03-02, 02:44 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

I dont have good suspension???
my brakes suk.....
my wheel/tire setup suks ?...

G thanks guy...

Have you even driven my car, setting aside you havent even seen my car in person...

my brakes are pretty decent even with 20's.... i have crossdrilled/slotted rotors... yeah not a big brake upgrade.. but it still helps.... getting EBC pads (steve recommended)

suspension is
H&R w/l-tuned..... is that CARP???

Careless things... ok... thanks ill be sure to drive 20mph everywhere i go.....

GET THE POINT MAN........

MY CAR
MY MONEY
MY MODS
MY EVERYTHING....

you cant Change any ones view on WHAT a GS is....

ITS A SPORT LUXURY.... NOT A BENTLY

You wanna Pimp out.... go buy a 64 impala or something...
Why do you want All show No go???

Thats Like a Lexus Turned Rice...

Looks Fast.....

Last edited by CamRen; 06-03-02 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-03-02, 02:50 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

No, no, no....

I ment your suspenion, brakes, etc are not what you need to drift....I think your car looks great! Just don't try to drift IT!

and alot of cars are all show no go....you think a GS really LOOKS fast? It's a giant 4 door!?!? Thats why people want to make it fast...because it doesn't look the part...just like the M5 the ultimate sleeper car.

and BTW...I have owned a 64 impala before
Old 06-03-02, 03:02 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

I dunno man..
every1 have there own opinion's ......

if you think GS is all about pimping... Then so be it.. im not trying changine your View...

I think Gs can look good and perform good... then let me think this... (im sure most would agree with me on this) so I mean why try to change some ones thoughts???

Lets just keep it @ that

BTW

what if i had this under my hood.. yes that is a 2JZ-GE Regular GS300 motor.... not the on form a TT supra :eek: :eek:
Old 06-03-02, 03:09 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by CamRen

if you think GS is all about pimping... Then so be it.. im not trying changine your View...

We must have simular views....are cars have the same type of stuff
Old 06-03-02, 03:13 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

This is have turned into some funny ***** going back and forth like you guys are...
Old 06-03-02, 03:17 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by CSHFLW

We must have simular views....are cars have the same type of stuff
lol yea but...

your but you Lean more towards system / show ....

i go towards...

Nos, Turbo... performance ... Etc..

i guess you come form cruzin... showin off ryde.... while i goto illegal midnight races and showoff~~> cruize w/ friends~~> go race... all mixed....

Im done with all the SHOW part.. not all i gotta do is spoiler... and then no more Show off mods.. only performance.. SAFC tune, Nitrous.. Turbo mayb... Then system later on...
Old 06-03-02, 03:18 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mcnelson
This is have turned into some funny ***** going back and forth like you guys are...
Isnt it?
Old 06-03-02, 06:38 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

apex'i RSM doesn't lie... i have more faith in apex'i then i do you... thst FOR SURE!! haha

and its not only motor trend that says it has good brakes.

well think what you want.. personally i think you are a discrace to lexus owners.
Old 06-03-02, 07:57 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
CAMREN, What the hell are you doing 'drifting' in a heavy *** car like yours on 20's. LOL Leave the drifitng for the rally cars and keep on pimp'n in the cruizer....

KIds these days....... You have to sit back and PIMP, not Drift... Come on now Cam.... You know better than that...

Quick Reply: Thanks to all the "Drifters" i screw'd up my Car!