GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Thanks to all the "Drifters" i screw'd up my Car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-02, 08:20 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mrsypher

KIds these days....... You have to sit back and PIMP, not Drift... Come on now Cam.... You know better than that...

Kid?

ur ryte
haha i know better???

no I dont.......
Old 06-03-02, 08:39 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Come on now........ I know you learned you lesson....
Old 06-04-02, 12:35 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lesson: Don't drift unless you know how. If you want to learn, do it with a CHEAP car that's replaceable with your lunch money.

Sasha...check out complete Intial-D DVD collection! Finally, no more crappy VHS copies of copies of copies...

I've wanted a AE-86 for SO LONG...but I could never find a clean one like Link13's...hey Link, wanna sell?

At one point, I even had a set of Panasport wheels w/o even having the car...I was THAT determined to get one...then I just bought a GS430 instead...
Attached Thumbnails Thanks to all the "Drifters" i screw'd up my Car!-initiald.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 06-04-02 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-04-02, 12:43 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
Lesson: Don't drift unless you know how. If you want to learn, do it with a CHEAP car that's replaceable with your lunch money.

Sasha...check out complete Intial-D DVD collection! Finally, no more crappy VHS copies of copies of copies...

I've wanted a AE-86 for SO LONG...but I could never find a clean one like Link13's...hey Link, wanna sell?

At one point, I even had a set of Panasport wheels w/o even having the car...I was THAT determined to get one...then I just bought a GS430 instead...
You're missing the first Stage, 1st and 2nd DVDs (From beginning to end of FC race).

You can always put the Panasports on your GS........ of course your side skirts will probably touch the ground before the wheels, but just for fun

BTW..... WHERE DID YOU GET BATTLE STAGE!?!? AND FOR HOW MUCH!??!?!?
Old 06-04-02, 01:31 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you guys wanna drift so bad you should all pitch in a few cents to get a trueno or an old school corolla at the very least. it'll be much better for all of us.

Initial D in book form
Attached Thumbnails Thanks to all the "Drifters" i screw'd up my Car!-.jpg  
Old 06-04-02, 02:06 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Gable, the First Stage is the top set...two cases (in one box) with 3 DVD's...as for the Panasports, I sold them when I bought my GS430...hehe...don't think it would look "quite" right on my GS! I suppose I could put on some 205/65-15 on it!

Check yer PM about Battle Stage...

MeZoom - Cool...the book! Hehehe...I wish I could read JDM style...

Last edited by Manaray; 06-04-02 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-04-02, 04:20 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice man! i only have first stage on DVD... the rest is all comp..

is your third stage in english?
Old 06-04-02, 05:56 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK folks, humor me, what / who is Initial-D? Some Japanese race car driver?
Old 06-04-02, 07:31 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Dex
OK folks, humor me, what / who is Initial-D? Some Japanese race car driver?
Good at least i'm not the only one confused with this Initial D stuff..
Old 06-04-02, 08:43 AM
blue wax
Lead Lap

what are you guys arguing over ??

A GS 300 can drift !!...... heavy it is, but with the x-tra HP, there's no problem doing just that.

I can drift my 1st. Gen, and the road doesn't have to be wet ......... with standard engine and suspension .

You need to know how to do this, and it's very simple in fact.

I already posted earlier, that the tire pressure is important , certainly on 20" rims there's not much rubber above the rim. So inflate them to minimum 3.00Kg. to perform nice and reliable drifts in control.

LEXUS is not only to pimp and stuff, it is a performing car with all the necessary roadabilities and brakes to have a lot of fun.
Ask the car owner beside you at the traffic lights..
LOLLLLLLLLLLL

yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 06-04-02, 11:53 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
Gable, the First Stage is the top set...two cases (in one box) with 3 DVD's...as for the Panasports, I sold them when I bought my GS430...hehe...don't think it would look "quite" right on my GS! I suppose I could put on some 205/65-15 on it!

Check yer PM about Battle Stage...

MeZoom - Cool...the book! Hehehe...I wish I could read JDM style...
there are 2 types of 1st stage, the original anime series and the TV series. Your DVD says TV series. I have both so I've seen how different they are. TV series has uglier characters
Old 06-04-02, 01:22 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by blue wax
what are you guys arguing over ??

A GS 300 can drift !!...... heavy it is, but with the x-tra HP, there's no problem doing just that.

I can drift my 1st. Gen, and the road doesn't have to be wet ......... with standard engine and suspension .

You need to know how to do this, and it's very simple in fact.

I already posted earlier, that the tire pressure is important , certainly on 20" rims there's not much rubber above the rim. So inflate them to minimum 3.00Kg. to perform nice and reliable drifts in control.

LEXUS is not only to pimp and stuff, it is a performing car with all the necessary roadabilities and brakes to have a lot of fun.
Ask the car owner beside you at the traffic lights..
LOLLLLLLLLLLL

yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Blue Wax, you better make some vids of you drifting!!
Old 06-04-02, 02:56 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by mcnelson
LexusRules, I love your sig, with the rotating pics like that. That is very nicely done. Did you ever get my pics, to make my sig for me? And what about that manual as well. Sorry to keep bothering you about it. And you are only 16, that is one hell of a car for 16.

Isn't that your moms car Sasha???
Old 06-04-02, 04:49 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup.

ray i've noticed that man... big big difference! they talk different too!
Old 06-04-02, 09:46 PM
ming 2.7T
Driver

Sorry to keep the thread going so long but I posted this awhile back and thought it might be helpful. Just tried the url and it still works, has a diagram of drifting. Nasaracer explains the term drift very well. Hope this helps.
And to the person who said , "try understeer, buddy", I was correct in using the term oversteer.

Sometimes drifting is confused with sliding around the track. I attached this link since I do not know how to post a pic here. This link gives a short explaination of drift. Hope it helps. I have experienced true drift a few times while at the track in my car (AWD). When you have felt it, you will never forget that feeling.
Read the whole thread and you can see that alot of people have the wrong impression, and some in the thread try to help em out. I found it informative and even printed the page out.

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/770032.phtml

Wanted to add this post within that thread, sums it up nicely

If you are REALLY drifting, you are not trashing the tires...
User account number (aid): 4061
Posted by NASA racer on 2002-04-18 00:16:24
In Reply to: One of the head instructors showed/taught me how to do it in 2. posted by Bryce on 2002-04-17 23:50:35

the car is simply sliding 4-wheels from apex to track-out.

Oversteer and Understeer are two types of handling dynamic. Drift is ANOTHER one. Unfortunately, it seems that now the term "drift" has been applied to all forms of oversteer but that is simply not the correct useage of drift.

Drift is a perfect state of equalibrium where the driver simply holds the steering and throttle and the car glides from the apex to the track-out with minimum control input and maximum speed...it means you have both exceeded the tire's coeficient of friction AND maintained a steady-state cornering balance which means you are going as fast as you possibly can...the whole key to a drift is it's set up smoothly and when in process there should be nearly no control inputs except minor throttle and steering adjustments.

Last edited by ming 2.7T; 06-04-02 at 09:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Thanks to all the "Drifters" i screw'd up my Car!