GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Thanks to all the "Drifters" i screw'd up my Car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-02, 11:46 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by CamRen

why not just a nsx lol ... it handles like a dream...
skylines... too hard to come by ... plus import, export, deport, transport, trashport lol.... *****..... too much to deal with for me.
GT-R is AWD which is good. And you haven't really sat in a GT-R have u? I've heard alot of good things from people who has compared GT-R handing with NSX (especially R32 with its light body).

As for the "hard to come by...." just drop by MotoREX and that's it
Old 06-08-02, 05:56 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why would motorex import N/A Skylines???

well anyways..

i think the R34 has the nicest interior and the R33 has the nicest body. I think i'd go with an R33 and do an interior conversion to the 34.. it would be awsome.

ya but i have my gs instead

oh and u really think the insurance on an NSX will be less than a supra?
Old 06-08-02, 06:55 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me be sure I understand some of your issues:

You are 17; you drive a $40k car; you try to drift it and screw it up; and you consider turbo-ing your GS, but "don't want to rag out a $40k car" who cares?

Now you want a faster car, more than likely in the $40k range, and we all know you'll rag it, but again, who cares? it's not your money

"the insurance is too high" Come again? You are 17, you've already had a couple of wrecks, looking at $40k cars in teh 600-700hp, why the f would you care about a few extra hundred dollars a month for insurance? I mean, you already said you are getting a Viper when you turn 20

Apparently, money is no object, and you "work your *** off", I'm convinced, so just have purchased whatever you want, and throw caution to the wind for insurance, raggin it out, and gas money.

Not overly trying to hate, just putting things in perscpective, and hopefully add a little sense to your decision making process.

Just acquire a new 911, and be done with it.
Old 06-08-02, 07:45 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the NSX man.
Old 06-08-02, 08:11 AM
LexFather

i think the R34 has the nicest interior and the R33 has the nicest body. I think i'd go with an R33 and do an interior conversion to the 34.. it would be awsome
Ditto Sasha, I LOVE the R33 looks.
Old 06-08-02, 08:45 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Dex
Let me be sure I understand some of your issues:

You are 17; you drive a $40k car; you try to drift it and screw it up; and you consider turbo-ing your GS, but "don't want to rag out a $40k car" who cares?

Now you want a faster car, more than likely in the $40k range, and we all know you'll rag it, but again, who cares? it's not your money

"the insurance is too high" Come again? You are 17, you've already had a couple of wrecks, looking at $40k cars in teh 600-700hp, why the f would you care about a few extra hundred dollars a month for insurance? I mean, you already said you are getting a Viper when you turn 20

Apparently, money is no object, and you "work your *** off", I'm convinced, so just have purchased whatever you want, and throw caution to the wind for insurance, raggin it out, and gas money.

Not overly trying to hate, just putting things in perscpective, and hopefully add a little sense to your decision making process.

Just acquire a new 911, and be done with it.
Very well stated.
Old 06-08-02, 01:51 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by zushwa

Very well stated.
lol both of yall goto helll

lol hahah
just kidding

i know i know..

but i want a NSX insurance is already up there.. if i get a NSX ill tlak tot he insurance and say my dads gonna be driving it.. so its gonna come down a little... and i was saying a VIPER's insurance is gonna be alot more then a NSX.....

STOP HATING MAN DAM

Were all suppose to be cool with each other.....
Old 06-08-02, 01:58 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmm wish I had the option to choose between a VIPER and a NSX.. Must be nice CamRen.. To be honest thou if I was your dad I wouldn't put you behind the wheel of either just not yet at least.. At least if you get one of these cars go and take a performance driving class before you kill yourself.. Ok dude.. Just looking out, not hating!
Old 06-08-02, 02:07 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Hmm wish I had the option to choose between a VIPER and a NSX.. Must be nice CamRen.. To be honest thou if I was your dad I wouldn't put you behind the wheel of either just not yet at least.. At least if you get one of these cars go and take a performance driving class before you kill yourself.. Ok dude.. Just looking out, not hating!
thanks....

BTW my dad doesnt pay for my car.. or the modds...

i do... i work... my first 2 weeks paycheck goes toards my car payment and the 2nd paycheck goes to my cell phone bill and savings for mods or cloths... all my dad helps me out with is the insurance...
Old 06-09-02, 12:49 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

what doyou do and do you ever have any free time???
Old 06-09-02, 12:56 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Toog4me
what doyou do and do you ever have any free time???
only work form 3pm - 7pm everyday...

(thats why im online @ those times)

Last edited by CamRen; 06-09-02 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-10-02, 01:26 PM
soakgame
Lead Lap

camren... i guess u weren't kidding when u said u get tired of things quickly! so you're getting rid of the GS huh? sup wit thoze dronell's though? i could use those! holla at me! well i hope you get the NSX... i know u love to see those faces turn red when folkz see a young indivdual like you with a nice 8ss car... it's your money so do what you like...
Old 06-10-02, 01:59 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by soakgame
camren... i guess u weren't kidding when u said u get tired of things quickly! so you're getting rid of the GS huh? sup wit thoze dronell's though? i could use those! holla at me! well i hope you get the NSX... i know u love to see those faces turn red when folkz see a young indivdual like you with a nice 8ss car... it's your money so do what you like...
NSX GS.. both very nice... both too good for me...

Dronells... are on Ebay.... check em out... i might sell outside ebay if the reserve isnt met....

man i have so much to do... take off all the mods (dont wanna sell... ) but i have to...
Old 06-10-02, 02:19 PM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Unhappy A little off topic.....

My uncle USE to have an NSX, early 90's version, and USE to have two sons. One son drove a early 1980's Audi 80 despite it being 1992. The car was chosen cause it was heavy, not so fast, etc as they lived in Vermont, i.e. very Mountainous. One day this son brought home grades for one of the the quarters of his Senior year. He had gotten all A's so he wanted to take the NSX for spin with his best friend. His dad agreed as long as it was just around the block and back.

An hour passes and his dad is crapping his pants so he turns the news on. He sees an NSX crashed into a tree. Now he was the only one with an NSX in the neighborhood so he knew who was in it. Both the son and the friend died. Turns out the son decided to test the car's engine and handling. He went around a curvy, hilly road at 110+ MPH, hit a rock and went airborne. He landed in the tree.

I am sure you are going to say you are a "great" driver and "blah, blah, blah". Giving a kid a sports car is like giving him/her a loaded weapon. You know you are going to want to test the car out, floor it or what not. Be careful man is all i got to say.....

</end of rant>
Old 06-10-02, 02:25 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Damn CamRen! What kind of work do you do?! :P

Anyway, best of luck in finding the right NSX. Just make sure to stick around here!

Quick Reply: Thanks to all the "Drifters" i screw'd up my Car!