GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Thanks to all the "Drifters" i screw'd up my Car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-02, 02:33 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A little off topic.....

Originally posted by mdw131
My uncle USE to have an NSX, early 90's version, and USE to have two sons. One son drove a early 1980's Audi 80 despite it being 1992. The car was chosen cause it was heavy, not so fast, etc as they lived in Vermont, i.e. very Mountainous. One day this son brought home grades for one of the the quarters of his Senior year. He had gotten all A's so he wanted to take the NSX for spin with his best friend. His dad agreed as long as it was just around the block and back.

An hour passes and his dad is crapping his pants so he turns the news on. He sees an NSX crashed into a tree. Now he was the only one with an NSX in the neighborhood so he knew who was in it. Both the son and the friend died. Turns out the son decided to test the car's engine and handling. He went around a curvy, hilly road at 110+ MPH, hit a rock and went airborne. He landed in the tree.

I am sure you are going to say you are a "great" driver and "blah, blah, blah". Giving a kid a sports car is like giving him/her a loaded weapon. You know you are going to want to test the car out, floor it or what not. Be careful man is all i got to say.....

</end of rant>
Thats sad.... The dad could of had a Gs300 and the guy could of died in that also..... ( i get the point though.... dont go crazy/stupid and drive careless)

i know i wont be speeding though.... (just got a ticket lst ight ... 48 ina 30... ) i had not gotten a ticket in the last year.... last night was my lucky night i guess... (dam) (if i do get that car (nsx) i will be carefull.... as i am more mature then most of my friends)

Last edited by CamRen; 06-10-02 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-10-02, 03:06 PM
soakgame
Lead Lap

camren... peeped the dronell's out on ebay... but how much is the reserve on those playa? PM me if u feel the need to... thanks... appreciate that... nes
Old 06-10-02, 06:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,509 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Whoa, didn't realize what had happened in this thread! It's HUGE!

Originally posted by CSHFLW
Your right....I giant 4 door car that weighs 2 tons is a great drift car.....

It has horilble braking, steering, and handling...and aceleration is terrible....you can say I'm wrong all you want ...
OK, you're wrong. You can drift a BUS.

Horrible braking? Several mags rated the GS brakes as outstanding, best in class, etc.

Steering is overboosted in stock setup, but I like the L-Tuned ECU setup.

I'll agree on handling. Stock handling is too soft in my opinion, but let's face it, most GS300's are driven by women, and most GS400/430's are driven by men, and women want a soft, cushy ride. But for the 400/430 the stock handling is bordering on unsafe given all that power.

(That ought to stir it up for those testosterone-filled GS300 owners, hehe)
Old 06-10-02, 06:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,509 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Originally posted by CamRen
only work form 3pm - 7pm everyday...
And make enough to afford all you have? What do you do, rob banks?
Old 06-10-02, 07:08 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

BIT, I was about to say WTF...... Then I finished reading....LOL I love My GS3.... Next year It won't be slow...... OH NO......
Old 06-10-02, 07:37 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bitkahuna

And make enough to afford all you have? What do you do, rob banks?
Something like that......

jp
Old 06-11-02, 05:41 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

camren, im not hatin or anything... i love your lex, but are you gettin the nsx because you think the gs looks too clean and theres not much more to do with it?

The thing about the NSX and the tree, you have better chances living in a gs because it constructed of heavier materials, not to mention the cabin safety. when hitting the tree, the gs's front and rear bumper crumple at a controlled rate. the gs is a safer car than an nsx, so you would have better chances of living in the gs. but the nsx is a phat ride. good luck, and let us know when you get it.
Old 06-11-02, 05:51 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Toog4me
camren, im not hatin or anything... i love your lex, but are you gettin the nsx because you think the gs looks too clean and theres not much more to do with it?

The thing about the NSX and the tree, you have better chances living in a gs because it constructed of heavier materials, not to mention the cabin safety. when hitting the tree, the gs's front and rear bumper crumple at a controlled rate. the gs is a safer car than an nsx, so you would have better chances of living in the gs. but the nsx is a phat ride. good luck, and let us know when you get it.
ok ...

who said im about to die???

lol.... more realistic... people dont go out and crash into Tree's in an NSX's and gs's every time they take it out for a spin.... you dont have to hit a tree... you can crash other ways too... NSX handling = good... i bet if a GS made a turn like that @ 110 mph it woulda fliped over... too much bodyroll .... then what??....

i never said im selling my car because its too clean... WTF.... thats a good thing... im selling cause i want a sports car....
Old 06-11-02, 05:55 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

CLOSE THIS THREAD ALREADY !!!!
Old 06-11-02, 06:05 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

for the price your going to sell the GS for...you better have alot more dough cuz even 92 NSX cost 32K...and that is embarrassing old....
Old 06-11-02, 06:57 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Cam, What r u thinking???? Forget a NSX get a older 911.... At least then you'll be safer..... And you got the Speed.....
Old 06-11-02, 07:55 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by CSHFLW
for the price your going to sell the GS for...you better have alot more dough cuz even 92 NSX cost 32K...and that is embarrassing old....
when was the last Xj220 made??

xactly...

NSX looks the same all the years with minor mods to the body... who kares...

im not embarrast... its a NSX....

and i dont know if i posted this in here already or not....

BUT im not going to get a NSX ... insurance will go from 800 to 1050 so i dunno .... dosent sound too good to me...

supra TT
or a GS400

or i might just turbo my GS...

Left jarrett @ power house racing here in my area a message .... see what he says if a custom inhouse project is possible... with the cash in my hand.. (5-6.5grand)
Old 06-11-02, 08:01 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

The $250 difference, is that an increase per 6 months, year, what?
Old 06-11-02, 08:02 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

You see..... Now the Fog is clearing from between your ears.......
Cam, There you go....... **** man me and you talked allnight... I knew you'd come around.....
Old 06-11-02, 08:10 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Proboly per month.........

Quick Reply: Thanks to all the "Drifters" i screw'd up my Car!