GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

TX2K10, finally a dyno of my car...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-10, 08:04 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

straight awesomeness!
Old 03-23-10, 08:19 PM
7DOOBIE7
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO one of the best GS builders we got. Very informative, shares build knowledge and pushes our heavy a$$ cars to their limits. Nothing but praise from my camp. Keep doin' it man. You make me wanna steal from the penny cups at restaurants to save for a build like yours

BTW thanks for all the YOUTUBE clips you provide
Old 03-23-10, 08:22 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

I agree that we were all dissapointed with the numbers that weekend. Sean (Titan Motorsports MKiii.999) dyno'd out at 1100 and although he was breaking up a bit he should have been at least at the 1200 mark. Everyone I went with outside of Aaron Grace seemed to be a little unhappy with what they made. But that's how it goes sometimes. The drags were good, records were set, the weather blew and although it was muddy and nasty I think we can still call the weekend a success. Did you stay at the omni?
Old 03-23-10, 08:36 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hyjaxx
I agree that we were all dissapointed with the numbers that weekend. Sean (Titan Motorsports MKiii.999) dyno'd out at 1100 and although he was breaking up a bit he should have been at least at the 1200 mark. Everyone I went with outside of Aaron Grace seemed to be a little unhappy with what they made. But that's how it goes sometimes. The drags were good, records were set, the weather blew and although it was muddy and nasty I think we can still call the weekend a success. Did you stay at the omni?
Nah not at the Omni. I was lucky, one of my friends had family in Houston and they were kind enough to let our small crew stay for the weekend. Also, there was a E85 station right next to the house, so that was a serious upside

As for the weather, man it sucked bad this time around. The rain and then the cold front, I didn't even attend the drag day on Sunday. I just went go-karting with friends at Track21, went to go eat, and then rolled out at around 7-8PM or so. I remember 2 years ago at TX2k8 the weather was very nice, hopefully it will be much better for next year.

I need to meet up with you guys or something, I don't know anyone at the Tx2K events. We need to setup a CL list or something of that nature for next years event.
Old 03-23-10, 08:40 PM
TxLexus400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice, defintely an inspiration for me. i like your idea on meeting for a Tx2k event one year, i wouldnt mind going to houston plus i got family out there.
Old 03-23-10, 10:56 PM
streetz
Driver School Candidate

Jeff I am relative new to the toyota world, your GS is automatic is that correct? Was wondering if these auto's can handle such power or if you have yours beefed up?
Old 03-23-10, 11:00 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

The auto trans in stock form can hold up to 450whp. I've actually tested it....BUT you have to drive it more carefully or else you will break the trans. The main thing is to let the transmission shift fully to the next gear before hitting the gas again. You can't just floor it through the shift, because the transmission will break if you do that. So basically floor it, right before redline let off the gas for a second, after you feel the car engage the next gear, then get back on the gas again.

Now, if you want to build up the transmission to where you can just peg the pedal, then that's possible as well. It just requires a complete teardown and modification of the transmission. I've built my own transmission and it holds up pretty well to all the abuse I've put it through.
Old 03-23-10, 11:09 PM
streetz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
The auto trans in stock form can hold up to 450whp. I've actually tested it....BUT you have to drive it more carefully or else you will break the trans. The main thing is to let the transmission shift fully to the next gear before hitting the gas again. You can't just floor it through the shift, because the transmission will break if you do that. So basically floor it, right before redline let off the gas for a second, after you feel the car engage the next gear, then get back on the gas again.

Now, if you want to build up the transmission to where you can just peg the pedal, then that's possible as well. It just requires a complete teardown and modification of the transmission. I've built my own transmission and it holds up pretty well to all the abuse I've put it through.
Thanx for the info. That is the same thing I do with my car, I have a built VQ35. If i stay on the gas during the shifts it slips into the next gear, so I just let off slightly to help it shift then get on it again. It kind of sucks because you dont take advantage of the automatic and being able to keep that constant boost/spool. When I had less power (about 300), I would stay on the gas and shifts would be instant, boost would not move at all, was amazing, now the added power causes the slippage. I too got a stock auto, just with full fluid pressure, cooler, and synthetic ATF.
Old 03-23-10, 11:14 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Jeff u didnt look so happy when u saw the dyno LOL.
Old 03-23-10, 11:17 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

very nice numbers imo.
Old 03-23-10, 11:21 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you were in H-Town? danm we could've done a motor swap real quick!, j/k, btw I live in Houston what the heck is a TX2k1.......? keep us posted for the next year round
Old 03-23-10, 11:31 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
Jeff u didnt look so happy when u saw the dyno LOL.
Haha...yeah I was hoping for at least 650whp. Then again, everyone was reading low that day and I was only running 25psi. I'll try again on a dyno here in Dallas and crank the boost up to 33psi next time

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
very nice numbers imo.
Thanks man. How's that beast of yours doing?

Originally Posted by AsGs300
you were in H-Town? danm we could've done a motor swap real quick!, j/k, btw I live in Houston what the heck is a TX2k1.......? keep us posted for the next year round
I went to a few events and such. I was surprised there weren't many CL people, or at least I didn't see any heh. TX2k is the biggest Supra event every year. The next years event is call TX2k11. A lot of racing and craziness goes down for those 3-4 days
Old 03-24-10, 05:17 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Nah not at the Omni. I was lucky, one of my friends had family in Houston and they were kind enough to let our small crew stay for the weekend. Also, there was a E85 station right next to the house, so that was a serious upside

As for the weather, man it sucked bad this time around. The rain and then the cold front, I didn't even attend the drag day on Sunday. I just went go-karting with friends at Track21, went to go eat, and then rolled out at around 7-8PM or so. I remember 2 years ago at TX2k8 the weather was very nice, hopefully it will be much better for next year.

I need to meet up with you guys or something, I don't know anyone at the Tx2K events. We need to setup a CL list or something of that nature for next years event.
It was a nonstop party at the Omni- It's a great way to meet the more serious people. I'd be happy to meet up with you next year and give you an intro to my friends- they're a fun group of tards. Are you going to the mile in Goliath?
Old 03-24-10, 05:58 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Still impressive numbers nevertheless Jeff.
Old 03-24-10, 06:17 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That's a bummer about the boost setting, I know how it is especially when you are at an event and you want to put down the best number you can. Still a beast though!

Quick Reply: TX2K10, finally a dyno of my car...