GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Alright i bought a used GS400 but lot of problems...please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-02 | 07:36 PM
Fikse
Rookie

I hope this thread is a joke....... $23,000 in cash and you didn't get the title? come on.....
Old 06-05-02 | 09:05 PM
alexus
Pole Position

i'm just going cross my fingers for you man and hope everything will be fine..
Old 06-05-02 | 09:36 PM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

what are you guys smoking over there in Rhone Island your mind seems all fk up. anyways your car was either stolen or slavage title from a car accident. anyways if you feel you got rip off go over or call him sent you kinda can find the guy tonight, and tell him how you feel and see what type of reaction he gives you. By the way best to tell him you love the car and ask to come out, and with your boys in several cars block his *** off and comfort him face to face and then!!!!!! It sucks to hear a person gettting rip off of there hard earn cash cash baby, and don't worry i hope everything works out great for you. By the way i hope you got his ID and everything post his pic. and info. so we can keep and eye out for this assoooooo. to prevent future rip off artist.
Old 06-05-02 | 09:53 PM
gqii4you
Rookie

Default ummmmmmmmmmm.....

Ok, first of all how old are you??? Because it is not logical for anyone to do this. I mean, why would you pay cash for a car with a title that doesnt even match the sellers name???? I mean seriously, the hell were you thinkinG??? Also, you did not got a steal. $23K for 98 gs400 is normal but extremely high for one that has a unclean title. I mean seriously, you just got totally FU%*@D. I am sorry if I sound mean, but you must be very young. WAKE UP AND WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD... PEOPLE WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SUCKERS!!!! LEARN FROM THIS
Old 06-06-02 | 12:19 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Sounds like an expensive lesson there....seriously, how old are you? This sounds like a scam from every angle! The car is probably salvaged (there are ways around getting it reported...)...

See what happens when you get desperate....
Old 06-06-02 | 03:01 AM
Honda2Lexus
Driver School Candidate

So.... What if this car was not stolen and it was salvaged...what is the possibility?

I DID get the title when i got the car...but the guy said he never registered the car plus there was someone else's name on buyer's name ..so now he is gettin another one for me which will take 10 days he said...

I also got the some kinda recipe i made him to sign that i paid him 23,000...

I also knew that car was salvaged ,and i never thought that this car was stolen...maybe it's not!! i have to go check TODAY!!

Also i checked all the vin numbers in the car everything matches but the driver's side door is not which makes me think that it was replaced when it was salvaged...
Old 06-06-02 | 03:43 AM
***SSagaG***
Driver School Candidate

well? HOW OLD ARE YOU?
and that receipt you got better be VERY specific with his name, driver's license number, the date you paid him, etc, etc.
Old 06-06-02 | 09:01 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

All I have to say is best of luck to you my friend. Please let us know what happens after you get back from the DMV.
Old 06-06-02 | 09:02 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Honda2Lexus

I also knew that car was salvaged ,and i never thought that this car was stolen...maybe it's not!! i have to go check TODAY!!

Well, if it will make you feel any better, if you knew the car was salvaged, then that's probably the case.

I would follow all the advice above and check into the VIN at the DMV just to confirm the title matches at the DMV.

I feel sad for you. I wish you came on to the forum and asked for advice before you bought that car. 23K for a salvaged GS400 is way too much! So, in a sense, you DID get ripped off - just not as much.

Never, ever, ever buy a salvaged car - you don't know what has happened to it. Especially with a high-priced car like the Lexus because there must have been CONSIDERABLE damage for the insurance co to warrant totalling the car out. It's like doing a hooker without a condom - the risks are way beyond the gains...you car is damaged goods...

Brent
Old 06-06-02 | 09:09 AM
Static911

Bliu,

Hooker with a condom? WTF....

But in any case Honda2Lexus, let us know of the outcome so we can help you in any manner.

Ethan
Old 06-06-02 | 09:21 AM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Well hopefully at this point it is a salvage title,which is not a good thing,but a world away from if you got beat for the full 23k.

Thats why I asked you the mileage,conditon,and what it had for extras etc, so we could better determine how good or bad a deal you really got.
Old 06-06-02 | 09:45 AM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Best of Luck to You....Hope that everything turns out ok... I would be Sh!!ting in my pants right now. ~
Old 06-06-02 | 12:07 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

BLiu pretty much said it all. A salvage resurrected car is generally a pile of problems. It was damaged enough to be written off, not a door ding or a dent here or there. Enough damage to be sold for scrap and somebody (who knows who) got parts from somewhere (very likely other writeoffs) and put it back together. Unfortunately, also like Brent said, 23K was too much, cash or otherwise. If you are in it for 23K go to one of the lemon law car check out sites and spend the $20 and see what they can tell you. The VIN you posted is for a 98 GS400 (found that out for free but it also said there were 11 "incidents" on the title report) and see what you can find out. Just do a search and you should be able to find the sites that will generate a report. Don't know about your state but in many states (I think Cal qualifies) getting a new title for a vehicle that has been scrapped can require an inspection if it was officially taken off the operating vehicle lists.
Old 06-06-02 | 02:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by ***SSagaG***
well? HOW OLD ARE YOU?
You guys keep asking - just check his damned profile. He's 24 if his stated birthday is right.
Old 06-06-02 | 02:33 PM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

Again what are you smoking over there sounds like you were holding out on the matter of "CAR WAS SALAVAGE" to your knowledge correct, so know you got jack, and seek help through the CL fourm, next time come clean with the whole story, and is there anything else you left out? Have you even spoke to the guy yet and consider getting the money back?

Quick Reply: Alright i bought a used GS400 but lot of problems...please help!!