GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Wringo's: CarAudioMag.com Feature!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-10, 06:04 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pic and congratulations D!
Old 04-04-10, 08:32 PM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

butter butter butter....I just orgasm again...sorry the first time was with my girl(10min ago) great ride i wish to have a ride like that soon..
question where can i get those i guess L series pedal or something similar ?
Old 04-04-10, 08:52 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

beautiful car and congrats
Old 04-04-10, 09:07 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-10, 03:28 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thanks to All!

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
congrats the feature
Thank you!

Originally Posted by DriftGirl
Very nice! Congrats!!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by vietunit
Cleannn GS!
That's my theme! Thanks!

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Nice pic and congratulations D!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by neojungle1
butter butter butter....I just orgasm again...sorry the first time was with my girl(10min ago) great ride i wish to have a ride like that soon..
question where can i get those i guess L series pedal or something similar ?
TMI!!!! The Lexus foot pedals were purchased and found on e-bay several years ago and may still be available?

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
beautiful car and congrats
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Sweet!!!!!!!
Thanks!

Last edited by Wringo; 04-05-10 at 03:31 AM.
Old 04-05-10, 04:17 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Car is looking great - good to see the GS getting some well deserved pub! Congrats D!
Old 04-05-10, 06:53 AM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

thanks wringo i found them...opps tmi!!! i did it again..sorry car **** i loose it
Old 04-12-10, 08:36 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default How it went down?

Wringo’s: Stimulus Package

In my effort to constantly modify my car, these tough economic times makes it difficult for all of us to complete our projects. It is my
hope, that your recent viewing will inspire others to continue modify their cars, as other cars have inspired me. Here’s a breakdown of my added modifications. It’s been a long process, due to money issues, vacations, and just simply not wanting to settle for just anything! Thanks to all the members who helped contribute to my modification project.

(Added Features)

Wheels:
Zone 10’s (First set made in the U.S.) 3pc. Forged Aluminum wheel
Finish: Brushed face/ Chrome lips/ Polished windows/ Color matched inner barrels (Millennium Silver- 1CO)
Sizes: 20x9.5 (2.5 lip) (front) 20x11.5 (4.0 lip) (rear)
Tires: Falken 452’s (255/30/20)-(front) / (305/25/20) (rear)... Yes, a 305 in the rear!!!!

Thanks to member SocalSC4-(Bob) for allowing me the opportunity to upgrade to these wheels from my Maya wheels to these beautiful wheels. They were my inspiration for the change/build. They are in a great home and will not be neglected thanks to you. The wheels are simply beautiful and added a classy look to my GS. These wheels are a true piece of beauty that compliments my car color very well!

Body Work/Paint: Hi-Tech Collision-Orlando, Florida

I wanted to push the modification just a little, with the bodywork in hopes of running the 305’s in the rear, without taking away from the look of the car. In my efforts to make this happen, the front fenders were rolled, pulled and flared along with the rear fenders. When completed this modification required over 70% of the car to be repainted. It wasn’t my intention to repaint the car at this time, but I’m glad I went forward with the work and got it completed. The car was later painted using the same color (Millennium Silver-1CO) and later wet sand and polished. Thanks to (Wally& The Gang) at Hi-Tech Auto Collision-Orlando, for all your hard work and patience. The molding work performed on the fenders is a true work of art. The only problem I had, is the front fender lining not fitting snug as before, which required a little tweaking to get the rubbing issues resolved. I had the clear side marker lights shaved, which added a cleaner look to the front bumper. I decided to keep the TTE lip sticker and recessed area in place.

Q45 Retrofit:

In order to give the front end a makeover, I removed the garnish eyelids from the headlights and added eyeballs (OEM Q45 Retro fits)! The retrofit was something I wanted for a long time, but always put on hold for other projects. The opportunity came to purchase two (OEM Infinity) driver’s side headlights and I went for it. Thanks to member (swproturbo), (LuxuryMods.com-Tony and CL member Chrispy), and my mechanic (Jude), I was able to make it happen. (LuxuryMods.com-Chrispy) completed the retrofit into my existing Sport Design headlights using their new designed brackets. I may be the first to have Q45’s in (OEM) Sport Design headlights and was the first install the new Q45 bracket offered at Luxurymods.com? They came out looking super! I must admit the headlights do look better with the eyelids off!

Interior:

My car interior was black leather with perforated heated seats and not in bad shape at all before the remodel. I thought this would be a great opportunity to add a little touch to the interior, since it had never had a facelift. Thanks to member (Benjamin T), I was able to buy his brand new ( leatherseats.com) upgraded black interior (front/rear with headrest) and enhanced it with added perforated suede on the door panels and on the center of the seats. The thread color chosen was a grey stitch, creating a diamond stitch. The headliner was also removed and changed to black suede with the diamond stitch perforated suede accenting the center to match the seats and armrest. The door/center console wood panels along with the 2001 gauge cluster and several accenting pieces were removed and changed to a complimenting(Black/Grey Burl wood ) finish to match the interior and bring color to the inside of the car. Thanks to member (Mr Executiv), for the inspiration from his interior. I want to thank, (Mickey’s Auto Interiors-Orlando-(Robert) for his great interior work and (PatternTek/Classic Trim WTP-Paul and Frank), for their great wood matching accents. You know I had to add some Junction Produce goodies to accent the interior project thanks to (jdmpalace) over on VIPstylecars.com. A nice interior table was added from member ( Augdogg), as well. My interior although was not in bad shape, now looks and feels brand new.

Suspension:

I upgraded my Tein Flex coilovers toTein (CS) Comfort Series V1 coilovers, to support a more comfortable ride from the low profile tires. The coilovers needed to be replaced due to the aging Tein Flex coilovers. Thanks to member (GS300 Rich), I was able to find a (used) replacement set at an outstanding price. I added a front Tom’s brace to the undercarriage of the frame to compliment the existing Daizen sway’s and a Tom’s 6Link suspension set to the undercarriage. Thanks to member (Bichkikr-Front brace), (PHML-6 Links and Rear Sage GS Camber kit,) for some great suspension upgrades at a great price. The car rides and handles like a champ and I can now get a few more miles out of my tires.

(Encouragement and Support Staff)

I would like to personally thank all those that gave their input and contributed to the makeover of my car. None of this would have been possible if it wasn’t for my loving, understanding and supporting wife (Pamela), who puts up with me and my addiction. Thanks to Bluelex, TeeLex, Lexforlife, Alsilverbullet, Indio, SocalSC4, SlvrGS300, Link13, D2Auotsport Team, Passnu2, GS300 Rich, Mr. Executiv, Lexusondubs, PHML-Pete, Rich-(Team-Solo), Hi-Tech Collision Auto Body-(Orlando), PatternTek, Mickey’s Auto Interiors-Orlando, Jude& Family-(Mechanic),GS300Tom, just to name a few. If I forgot to mention your name, I apologize in advance. It is my quest to enjoy the car, while participating in shows and saving money for the 2JZ GTE swap in the next few years? I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoy the ride! May God continue to bless all of you? Comments welcomed!

“Some call it EXE, some call it VIP, but I call it a Clean GS3”!!!!
Old 04-12-10, 06:50 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Killer, D! Congratulations on a well-deserved expose of your ride.

A work of art!
Old 04-12-10, 09:30 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

loving the car ! lookin great
Old 04-13-10, 09:16 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Car is looking great - good to see the GS getting some well deserved pub! Congrats D!
See what you started? Thanks, Terry!

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Killer, D! Congratulations on a well-deserved expose of your ride.

A work of art!
I learned from the best in the business! Bob, thanks for the wheels! They were the reason for the transformation!

Originally Posted by AsGs300
loving the car ! lookin great
Thanks!
Old 04-13-10, 09:26 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Great write up Darrell...
Old 04-13-10, 11:02 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the feature! Your car is truly one of the best GSs around.