GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

A few examples of exterior mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-02, 04:49 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey....

you know what... i felt relaxed just reading that...

lol

good words of wisdom....

Bit. Great sets of words... truly.... i feel that way everyday...
stressed about everything... and never quiet satisfied..... very picky... and restless..... tell me about it.... all this for my young age.... not good at alll... 17 and im dealing with big $$ already... you bet im under stress ....and i get bord of the stuff i have in less then a few days.... Bit. you couldnt've picked better words.

"There is always something better... and i shall have it" is what goes threw my mind every minute...... i cant stand competition... always have to be ahead..... i do need help... dam..hate to admit it...

now... any1 wanna teach me how to "meditate" haha lets start with "what does it mean"

Last edited by CamRen; 06-09-02 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-09-02, 05:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks guys

Originally posted by Dex
I think Bit was a monk in a previous life..........
I think Bit's becoming one...
Old 06-09-02, 05:51 PM
Murph
Pole Position

Cam,

A good friend of mine gave me a book titled " When Everything You Ever Wanted Still Isn't Enough". Haven't read it yet...

I know exactly how you feel though. I've had many cars. So many that the guys in the office have a pool on when I get the next one.

Murph
Old 06-09-02, 07:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally posted by CamRen
.... i feel that way everyday... stressed about everything... and never quiet satisfied..... very picky... and restless.....

....and i get bord of the stuff i have in less then a few days....
Ah... the restless young spirit. I would guess your adventure has not yet begun. Something to really challenge you. Something that doesn't come easily.

"There is always something better... and i shall have it" is what goes threw my mind every minute....
We are torn between two huge tides: our desires and our fears. The challenge is to find calmer waters.

Possessions are fun. Possessions are interesting. Possessions can provide challenges. Possessions give pleasure, but not lasting happiness. When you're old, you won't care how many cars or houses you've got. Or how much money you have, except perhaps who will get the money after you're gone. But you will care whether you feel content and satisfied and happy.

i cant stand competition... always have to be ahead..... i do need help... dam..hate to admit it...
It's probably not that you can't stand competition as much as you feel you HAVE to win any competition! For a looooong time I was EXTREMELY competitive, in an unhealthy way. HAD to win. A few years ago I told some close friends I've known since I was a teenager that I was working on becoming less competitive. One of them said "bull$#!+" at the time since he'd known how intensely competitive I've been .

now... any1 wanna teach me how to "meditate" haha lets start with "what does it mean"
Meditation... hmm... don't know a formal definition but I'd guess it's the practice of focusing or concentrating on a single thing or concept, or even nothing, and emptying one's mind of 'noise'. Our minds are FILLED with noise because we are stimulus junkies and even when the stimuli are turned off our mind 'makes it up'. That's why whack jobs always talk about voices in their heads!

One way to turn down the noise is to distract the mind with something repetitive like sounds you make or more simply, your breathing.

You may subconsciously hold your breath a lot or breathe very shallowly. You can calm down (body and mind) a bit by sitting on a chair with your feet pressed firmly flat on the floor, ideally somewhere there isn't distractions like other people or TV, close your eyes and breathe in slowly through your nose fully and out through your mouth. Do it just 5 times and it might surprise you.

Now that everyone thinks I've gone off the deep end I'll get back into my straight jacket and padded cell.
Old 06-09-02, 08:21 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

bitkahuna.........Great post
Old 06-10-02, 04:22 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey bit change ur avatar to yoda i think u deserve it
Old 06-10-02, 12:13 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

clean looks

yezzzzzzzzzzz

Old 06-10-02, 12:15 PM
soakgame
Lead Lap

camren... IMO... don't worry too much... you're still young... as you get older... you'll learn to appreciate what you have a lot more... i'm still pretty young (24) and I know exactly how you feel... i get bored quick too... that's probably why i'm single... haha... okay... no more psychology... let's get back to talkin bout lexo's...
Old 06-10-02, 12:33 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Cam - Not to dismiss what Bit said...very good advice indeed, but to me you sound like almost every teenager or very young adult that I have ever known...myself included. The only difference is you seem to be able to afford to more of what you desire.

Take a little time an try to appreciate what you have. BTW, for some reason I think you will still end up modding the NSX.
Old 06-10-02, 01:52 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GunnerMac
Cam - Not to dismiss what Bit said...very good advice indeed, but to me you sound like almost every teenager or very young adult that I have ever known...myself included. The only difference is you seem to be able to afford to more of what you desire.

Take a little time an try to appreciate what you have. BTW, for some reason I think you will still end up modding the NSX.

I know !! damit ... thats what im scared of....

i work and just basicly throw away all my money.... my friends and the chicks think i drug deal (some times its fun to play along with it, haha) but yeah i mean my dad dosent give me too much.... i always just seem to end up with money... sometimes from my paycheck .... other times.. i buy something off the street for 10$ and sell it for 400... i should hold on to what i have... becuase i knwo i can blow everything away so fast...