GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS400 5-6 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-10, 12:28 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

^ you're a good guy Brian!
Old 04-13-10, 12:48 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
^ you're a good guy Brian!
most of the time that would be true rock, but these last few weeks....yeah no
Old 04-13-10, 06:25 PM
ROBONY
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
ok so OP as a apology i went diggin and looking and i FINALLY found it

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...400-430-a.html

its a OLD old thread but i went and emailed the OP like 2 days after my post in it....found out all the info bout it...

i believe c0wboy also has these or something to do with these
Now was that so hard... how the hell in the world was i suppose to use these words in the search box "Ultimate 1uzfe W58 Conversion Thread!" i didn't even know what 1uzfe or w58 was..? Then i have member "5t341th" calling the GS400 engine crappy, guy upset me. If it's one thing i hate is some moron bashing on other members car, because they couldn't afford it or their mommies didn't give them enough money to buy them a GS400. For a minute there i thought i was in the "M3FORUM" People there use to tare up each other and i hated it, that's why i left that forum. Thanks for your help anyways.

Rob
Old 04-13-10, 06:48 PM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, i agree with you in that a manual transmission gs4xx would be great and fun Manual over automatic anyday in any car, but thats just me.
Old 04-13-10, 08:26 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TurboPimp is doing this now
Old 04-13-10, 09:45 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ROBONY
Now was that so hard...
lol, yes it took me 10 mins to find.....

anyways sorry OP. GL
Old 04-14-10, 07:40 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Really, if the swap would be possible for about $3k - $4K, I would do it. I've done it to other cars before. I just don't think it is really possible with all the computers, mechanical parts, and interior peices to get it to look and function properly (like stock).

I really miss rowing my own gears, and going to sell the GS (hopefully this year), and go for an M5 V10 6spd. I know it won't be as reliable, but you know what, I can fix most things, and that car is a crap load of more fun to drive.
Old 04-14-10, 08:40 AM
ROBONY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by slickgt1
Really, if the swap would be possible for about $3k - $4K, I would do it. I've done it to other cars before. I just don't think it is really possible with all the computers, mechanical parts, and interior peices to get it to look and function properly (like stock).

I really miss rowing my own gears, and going to sell the GS (hopefully this year), and go for an M5 V10 6spd. I know it won't be as reliable, but you know what, I can fix most things, and that car is a crap load of more fun to drive.
New M5's are a blast to drive but, that M5 sure is expensive. Conversion is too expensive and i know to drive the GS400 will also be a blast to drive in a manual, that's why i've opted for a Supra, M3 or an M5. My car is currently for sale. I'm trying to find the best deal. Good luck with your M5.

Rob
Old 04-14-10, 08:52 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

^Holy crap! You guys are both getting M5's? Are you looking to buy new? ~$80K is a lot to swallow!
Old 04-14-10, 09:00 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

^Holy crap! You guys are both getting M5's? Are you looking to buy new? ~$80K is a lot to swallow!
Yea I thought about new, but when priced it out, I can't justify that kind of money. CTS-V would be more in the price range, but I can't go back to American cars. I am going the low mileage used route. Trying to find a certified one, Black 6spd is kind of tough. Ton of SMG ones, but you know that won't be reliable, and I need the 3rd pedal.

I've seen decent ones for under $40K. I just need to finish up my current projects and then get to selling the GS.
Old 04-14-10, 10:56 AM
ROBONY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by slickgt1
Yea I thought about new, but when priced it out, I can't justify that kind of money. CTS-V would be more in the price range, but I can't go back to American cars. I am going the low mileage used route. Trying to find a certified one, Black 6spd is kind of tough. Ton of SMG ones, but you know that won't be reliable, and I need the 3rd pedal.

I've seen decent ones for under $40K. I just need to finish up my current projects and then get to selling the GS.
Used M5's are the way to go, that's my opinion. You look like you know your cars very well but, know this, coming from a Lex owner.. never go back. My cousin had the CTS-V, while driving on the highway down in Miami, out of now where his engine just ignited. You might want to think twice before going Caddy.

Rob
Old 04-14-10, 11:03 AM
ROBONY
Pole Position

Roc bud,

I don't have the 80k for a new one, i just want a 2002-2005 M3,M5 or 1994 Supra TT. I don't think i ask for too much but supra is the most expensive out of the three and the one i desire the most, if not i'll settle for less.

Rob
Old 04-14-10, 12:21 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ROBONY
Roc bud,

I don't have the 80k for a new one, i just want a 2002-2005 M3,M5 or 1994 Supra TT. I don't think i ask for too much but supra is the most expensive out of the three and the one i desire the most, if not i'll settle for less.

Rob
Gotcha BTW, Supra's are hot...you cannot go wrong with that car. The best is to find a 6mt virgin twin turbo. I have seem some but they are around $35-$40K with perhaps 60K miles on 'em. I think my wife would kill me if she heard I wanted to spend $40K on a 15 year old car with 60K miles. lol

But in my opinion...that car is worth every penny!

Oh, BTW to you and slickgt1...what about a pre-owned E55? Eventhough they are automatic just mash the gas and get a low 4 second to 60mph and a mid 12's 1/4 mile run...bone stock. I feel that they edge out the M5 just a little; maybe the AMG models don't break down as much? Who knows...
Old 04-14-10, 12:52 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Nah, I deff won't go with American at all. CTS-V is nice and all, but I don't think it will hold up with mileage / age. I drove a new one and the fitment on everything seemed fine, but then I got into and M5, and the CTS-v felt cheap.

I know as far as maintenance, the M5 will suck compared to the GS, but, you can't match the fun to drive factor of the M to the GS.

The AMGs are nice. But damnit if I will ever have to fix their BS condensor problems, or play around with their vacume system, or electrical systems. Plus that 16 spark plug thing is also annoying, getting the rear 4 out requires some funky wrench elbows. The maintenance schedule on the AMGs is hard core too. Every oil change, they recommend tranny oil change, and diff oil. You don't even want to know what the brakes cost. I also want the 6spd. Benz is very VIP, but ckuF it.
Old 04-14-10, 01:15 PM
iGOTlexy
Lead Lap

i wish buddy

Quick Reply: GS400 5-6 speed?