GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Clazzio JDM Seat Covers installed in Milky's 01 GS 430 (Black on Black)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-10, 01:07 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
Approx. cost? Shipping? Warranty?
yeah im wondering the same info

Originally Posted by vwynn
only thing i dont like is the heated seats wont be as hot :/
they not hot enough for me anyways
Old 04-15-10, 04:56 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOOKS GREAT
Old 04-15-10, 06:44 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!
Old 04-15-10, 07:25 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great, Price and a link please....
Old 04-15-10, 09:10 AM
RMSJeff
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Very nice. Let us know when you start producing two tone seat covers.
The two-tone will probably be a custom order at this time. I will get a few Black with Gray Leather center with Black Stitching as an example. it's a very subtle change, but

Originally Posted by swat1727
my friend had them on his xb. they looked almost stock! very easy to do.
We found the install on the GS to be a little bit more difficult than the Scions. Since all of the Scion vehicles have been hatchbacks/wagons, the seat back does not need to be removed. In the GS, the seat bottom is removed first (simply pull up at the front side and it slides out). After that, the seat back is removed (5 bolts), then the seat-back mounted center armrest. The fitment is so precise that it will take some more time to get the back seat out. That's Lexus precision fitment for you!

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Nice Jeff!

Any thoughts on two tone on light colors?
I will text you tonight with some more info on the beige. I think I may have a better idea so you can make a decision before I order it in

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
Approx. cost? Shipping? Warranty?
The MSRP is $599. Our current selling price is $539., however, we are extending an additional 10% discount for the first 10 orders on our website.

Link: http://www.resetmotorsportsllc.com/s...&cat=34&page=1

For the additional discount, use coupon code: CLGSOffer

Shipping is currently complimentary (including Hawaii & Canada). This will last til the end of summer, but may possibly be extended.

Warranty is against manufacturing defects. It will cover miss-manufactured pieces, but not wear and tear or accidental damage. I will scan the sheet and upload it for coverage information.

You can also refer to our general thread in the Vendor section for more info: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ming-soon.html

I wanted to also keep this as a 2GS-specific discussion so everyone can share their gs-specific thoughts, concerns and suggestions for discussion

Originally Posted by jadu
those look good! rmsjeff, these seat covers just go over the original leather right? Or, can you remove the original leather and then put these on?
The cover is designed to go over the factory leather. If you remove the leather, it may not fit as snug.

Originally Posted by excluesive
yeah i was expecting the full replacement not just something that goes over the other seats
If you've taken apart the seats, you will see that this is designed just like the factory covers. In the images, you will notice the underside of the rear seat bottom. The leather only extends just passed the edge of the seat. The original material is kept under there for additional cushioning and for resale value (for installs on new vehicles, definitely doesn't apply directly to the 2GS).

Originally Posted by nar8ta
Looks great, Price and a link please....
The MSRP is $599. Our current selling price is $539., however, we are extending an additional 10% discount for the first 10 orders on our website.

Link: http://www.resetmotorsportsllc.com/s...&cat=34&page=1

For the additional discount, use coupon code: CLGSOffer

Last edited by RMSJeff; 04-15-10 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-15-10, 09:26 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RMSJeff
If you've taken apart the seats, you will see that this is designed just like the factory covers. In the images, you will notice the underside of the rear seat bottom. The leather only extends just passed the edge of the seat. The original material is kept under there for additional cushioning and for resale value (for installs on new vehicles, definitely doesn't apply directly to the 2GS).
i will be converting to black so this would look funny if i didnt change the SRS cover my 2001 has. wonder if i could even find it

like this really looks funny to me

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=317733228366

oh and where is mike to share his feedback on these...?
Old 04-15-10, 09:28 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Bro!
Old 04-15-10, 09:29 AM
V8RdnLow
Lexus Champion

nice
Old 04-15-10, 11:26 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus
Forum Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by excluesive
yeah i was expecting the full replacement not just something that goes over the other seats
Originally Posted by BarryV
From what I gather through the pictures, these go over the original leather. Looks like the fit is spot-on
Originally Posted by RMSJeff
The cover is designed to go over the factory leather. If you remove the leather, it may not fit as snug.
I was also expecting a full replacement.. i.e. an alternative to leatherseats.com
Old 04-15-10, 12:05 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey everyone,
Thought I'd share some thoughts/reviews on these Clazzio seat covers:

Initial impression:
When I first stumbled upon the clazzio seat covers thread in the vendor forum, I felt it was be a good idea to get new leathers for an almost 10 year old car. I saw the pictures, and i was convinced that it was a good idea. Then I realized that these were seat covers not seat replacements.I was a little hesitant to get them now because they were only covers. I had a picture in my mind that these "covers" were similar to the ones sold at pepboys just to cover your seats. This could not be more wrong - these covers should just be called leather replacements.. it's THAT good.

Review/Thoughts:
First, the covers are very high quality. It could pass off as OEM quality seats IMO. The sides are vinyl, and the center portion is leather. The 2001 GS did not come with perforated leather, which i prefer over the standard leather. With these seat covers, it almost as if i had the perforated seats.

As far as fitment goes, i think this is what I am most impressed about. The fitment is pretty darn good for some seat covers. Overall, I'd give it a 9/10. Depending on how picky you are, some may even feel its a perfect fit. Keep in mind that I'm giving this review based on just a few days after install. There are still a few wrinkles, but that should go away after the leather settles.

Driver/passenger seating: Fitment is spot on. There is a little wrinkle/sagging around the right inside corner, but its not that noticeable. Just for those that are super picky. Everything lines up perfectly though. For the seat backs, it doesn't stick to the original seats, so it is a little poofy. I kinda like it this way because it feels like there is more cushion/back support. The space in between the seat and seat covers may get smaller later, but only time will tell.

Center console: This fitment is just OEM. 100% perfect. There is a little rubbing on the side with the passenger seat cover, but i think that'll go away after a while.

Rear seats: Again fitment is very good. Not as good as the driver/passenger seats, but its still good. There are little wrinkles towards the bottoms of the seats, but i think with some work it can be minimized. The arm rest for the rear seats is kinda tight also, but i think it will loosen with time. Also, in order to use the rear cup holders, there is a velcro thing you have to unfasten, and the cup holders pop out. I don't use my rear seats very often, so it doesn't bug me at all.

Headrests: Fitment is perfect.

Conclusion
With all that being said, I think this is an excellent, no-brainer purchase for a few reasons. First, i think the pricing is what drew me in. For under $500 (plus install ~$150, if you choose this route of course), you're getting close to OEM seat covers which almost act as replacements. The next best alternative is probably leatherseats.com which can run close to $1k or more, not to mention the labor involved in re-upholstering the seats. That can cost up to 3 times more than this!

The next reason is because of the quality and fitment, which you can refer to up up above. You're not getting garbage here. These are high quality seat covers. Most 10 year old cars, give or take a few years, with OEM leather will have some sort of cracking or deep creases. Sure you can buy a ton of leather cleaning products and restore it, but those products can get expensive, and in the end, its still 10 year old leather.

Lastly, if you ever sell your car, you can always un-install these covers. So if for any reason you're unsatisfied with the covers, just take them off and sell them. Just think of it as an aftermarket accessory, haha.

Oh and Jeff and his installer are superb people. Jeff is a standup guy, no BS, he'll tell you as it is. Installer is professional and does the job right. Great customer service, talk to him yourself!

I'll post some updates in a few weeks about the wrinkles after the leather settles. Hope this helps everyone!

Last edited by milky; 04-15-10 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-16-10, 07:20 AM
RMSJeff
Former Sponsor

Thanks Milky. I'll take a look at the front seat bottom. It should fit firmly. The rear seat bottom does have some black on the bottom corners in some vehicles due to the seat design. We'll take a look also just in case.
Old 04-16-10, 11:52 AM
guod
Driver

Since these are covers, how do they affect the function of the seat's integrated side airbag?
Old 04-16-10, 12:29 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by guod
Since these are covers, how do they affect the function of the seat's integrated side airbag?
the side air bag is on the side, not actually in the seat...like the side of the plate if im not mistake.
Old 04-16-10, 01:49 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

question: If i wrap my grey seats black.. will u see any grey or will everything be covered??

Question 2: can we buy rear seat covers only? or do we have to buy the whole package?
Old 04-16-10, 01:55 PM
guod
Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
the side air bag is on the side, not actually in the seat...like the side of the plate if im not mistake.
I think you might be referring to a side curtain airbag, which the GS2 does not have, at least not '98-00. Some cars have both side and side curtain. The side curtain airbag is not part of the seat. It deploys from the ceiling area above the side windows to protect the occupant's head. The side airbag deploys from the side of the seat itself and protects the torso area.

Last edited by guod; 04-16-10 at 02:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Clazzio JDM Seat Covers installed in Milky's 01 GS 430 (Black on Black)