GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

MPH Unlimited Headers Released!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-02, 09:01 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by a1exus
this may sound like a stupid question but what headers are you refering to? sorry .. i'm not very familiar with this..

thanks in advance
I'm sorry..... I really am getting............... Headers?? OMG.. A1 do you have a car??? or are you on your Mongoose still??? WOW man....
Old 06-11-02, 09:40 PM
Al
Driver School Candidate

futuregs,

I would be more then happy to provide a set of headers for the testing. I cant give away a set but will be able to provide with one for testing purposes only.

Of course i will need to have a credit card on file just in case the person will decide to keep them.

Please contact me at (805)557-1001 or e-mail me at sales@mphunlimited.com so we could arrange something.

Thanx. AL
Old 06-11-02, 09:50 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Al
futuregs,

I would be more then happy to provide a set of headers for the testing. I cant give away a set but will be able to provide with one for testing purposes only.

Of course i will need to have a credit card on file just in case the person will decide to keep them.

Please contact me at (805)557-1001 or e-mail me at sales@mphunlimited.com so we could arrange something.

Thanx. AL
ok cool I will let Static911 (Ethan) know, he is very reliable and he will be very pleased with your decision as are all of us CL members. Welcome to CL, and thanks for your business. Now get started on those GS 400 headers!!!
Old 06-11-02, 09:52 PM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Originally posted by Al
futuregs,

Thanx. AL
So we're supposed to pay for the dyno so you can benefit from this website? Uh..I DON'T THINK SO.
Old 06-11-02, 11:45 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm with LS400 God on this one...

I don't understand the mentality here...you come onto to a well established user group/forum, you don't pay vendor fees, you're not even a paid member, you don't want to donate products while we are willing to do an independant test for you...we foot ALL the bills to maintain the site and do the dynos, not to mention the TIME many people put in to keep this site running....and yet you want to sell product and make money on US when you've done nothing? You just come on here and start selling your wares...

What the hell is that? Does Motor Trend let you advertise for free? Import tuner? How about eBay?

Come on now...don't try to take advantage...

Last edited by Manaray; 06-12-02 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-12-02, 12:30 AM
zenki300
Driver

Default quick question...

Are the turbo kits and headers you're developing CARB legal or for "off-road" use only?
Old 06-12-02, 02:05 AM
Static911

Let me get this straight Al,

Let's take the extreme route (of course, it may not be that extreme, but that is how I was treated when I wanted to do official ClubLexus dyno reviews):

You want me to pay for shipping (one way, or maybe both ways), pay $100 / 6 runs (3 runs baseline, 3 runs with headers on), time to find someone and pay them to install and de-install it, coordinate the dyno event, attend and videotape the dyno event and publish the positive results on ClubLexus so that your company benefits while I did it for satisfaction that I helped my fellow ClubLexus members.

The latter I don't mind doing. But, for me to pay for the results and saying I might run off with the product, is quite, let's say, ludicrous. Me, the administrator of ClubLexus, running off with a $400 product? I don't think so. Not before, not now, not ever. Furthermore, I don't even own a GS300 nor a GS400.

You realize it takes me at least 5 hours to coordinate dyno events. This doesn't include the time to drive to the shop and attend the dyno event, which normally takes half a day.

Help me out with the thought process. And yes, I have gone through this already. And yes, I am going through it again with the intake shootout between Weapon-R and Swift Racing Technologies.

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 06-12-02 at 02:13 AM.
Old 06-12-02, 02:18 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Al does have some odd requests but don't forget that it was futuregs asking him for a header to try in the first place. al just wanted to announce that something was available for our cars

thanks for all your work, static!!
Old 06-12-02, 02:26 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bravo, while it's cool that they announced a product, they also basically put out an ad...there are rules for vendors here and they broke EVERY SINGLE RULE. The Rules are here to protect members...

I mean what if these headers turn out to be pieces of junk and they harm your car? Not saying that they will of course, but it's not like it's a TOM'S or TRD header, you know what I mean?

Ethan is just trying to watch our backs...
Old 06-12-02, 02:33 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

i know i know, better watching our backs than not at all. i just thought it got aggressive real quick.
Old 06-12-02, 02:45 AM
Static911

My big thing is, there are should-be, could-be numbers posted but no dyno sheets provided to say the least and yet, they will begin selling them tomarrow (which is today).

But to say, "Of course i will need to have a credit card on file just in case the person will decide to keep them." That isn't bad, but isn't that going one step too far?

The more I read it, yes, Al may not have understood ClubLexus does all the official dynoes and it is me who gets the product, takes pictures, etc etc etc.

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 06-12-02 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-12-02, 04:16 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Static911
But to say, "Of course i will need to have a credit card on file just in case the person will decide to keep them." That isn't bad, but isn't that going one step too far?

Call me crazy, but I think he is duly protecting his business. I mean... I know you, and everyone else here knows you, and we all know that you wouldn't do something as outrageous as run off with a $400 header, but from a business perspective that would be a HUGE leap of faith for him to just give out a product without collateral. I'm just playing devil's advocate here as this guy is a very new member and has no real gauge of how this site and it's members operate. From the way other car forums run, I don't blame him for his concerns.

As far as the Dyno fees and shipping expenses, I don't think that was discussed with him yet so there is no reason to get upset until he objects to it. Obviously MPH should cover the dyno and shipping costs both ways since he is the only one that would benefit from it's success. There is a very large base of clientele on Club Lexus and as a businessman you should see that the benefits vastly outweighing the costs. Covering the dyno event shouldn't even be an issue for debate.

My two cents.