GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hows my allignment after being lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-10, 11:16 PM
SlowGS4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hows my allignment after being lowered?

Just got an allignment last week after lowering my car on nf210 w/ kyb and front RCA. I need help reading my allignment sheet.. and if they did a good job. The front is lower than I'd thought it would be and now the car looks uneven.. df210 in near future.. also which setup would wear my tires quicker? my current setup or the df210?

No fender gap up fronts and 1 finger in the rear..

Some camera phone pictures will be posted soon.. hoping to do a small photoshoot next weekend..
Attached Thumbnails Hows my allignment after being lowered?-img123.jpg  
Old 05-08-10, 09:22 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

How come you're using RCAs? Do you have LS400 calipers?

The front RCAs are making your camber worse than it's suppose to be. Your camber should be around 1.5 degrees without the RCAs.

Everything else looks fine except maybe for the caster. If you're on original arms, then its probably worn out if you haven't been in any accidents.
Old 05-08-10, 10:09 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts

Interesting. Is it because u got RCA that's why u are that low? I got the same setup with 18 inch wheels and I got 3 finger gap in front and 2 finger gap in rear. What size rim u got? Do u have a gs3?
Old 05-08-10, 10:26 AM
SlowGS4
Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
How come you're using RCAs? Do you have LS400 calipers?

The front RCAs are making your camber worse than it's suppose to be. Your camber should be around 1.5 degrees without the RCAs.

Everything else looks fine except maybe for the caster. If you're on original arms, then its probably worn out if you haven't been in any accidents.
I wanted another inch drop without having to replace the springs.. (lazy route).. then it droped the car more than i expected...
Old 05-08-10, 10:32 AM
SlowGS4
Driver

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Interesting. Is it because u got RCA that's why u are that low? I got the same setup with 18 inch wheels and I got 3 finger gap in front and 2 finger gap in rear. What size rim u got? Do u have a gs3?
im on 20x 8.5/9.5. my tires are almost tucked in front. I have a gs400.

heres a picture of how it looks.. theres someone in the car in the second picture.
Attached Thumbnails Hows my allignment after being lowered?-011.jpg   Hows my allignment after being lowered?-012.jpg  
Old 05-08-10, 11:25 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Whichever setup you run (NF or DF), run them without RCAs. Those springs by default lower the the front more than the rear so you should be able to get pretty much an even gap all around. I had RCAs for my previous setup (L-tuned springs) because the springs lowered the car 1" all around. With the stock front gap being larger than the rear, you could see why I RCAs were beneficial.
Old 05-08-10, 02:33 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Which brand front RCA are you using? Exact or Sage or other? I run Sage rear (1.1") and Exact front (1.5") and I still could go about 1/2"more in the front for an all around even drop. Anyway, with just drop springs alone you would be at the end of the stock components adjustability. Adding the RCA's surely pushes it beyond its adjustment range. With my RCA's only on stock springs I'm within spec, but not much more adjustment room left on the stock arms.

If you are on Exact fronts getting Sage fronts will raise the front up about 3/8". Still your alignment will be out of spec. If you are going to run both drop springs and RCA's you will need adjustable control arms either upper or lower.

Car looks nice the way you have it though.
Old 05-09-10, 02:07 AM
SlowGS4
Driver

Whichever setup you run (NF or DF), run them without RCAs. Those springs by default lower the the front more than the rear so you should be able to get pretty much an even gap all around. I had RCAs for my previous setup (L-tuned springs) because the springs lowered the car 1" all around. With the stock front gap being larger than the rear, you could see why I RCAs were beneficial.
yea, im leaning towards df210 without front RCA. i didnt think my camber in the front would be that bad. the rear i want it to be a bit lower.

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Which brand front RCA are you using? Exact or Sage or other? I run Sage rear (1.1") and Exact front (1.5") and I still could go about 1/2"more in the front for an all around even drop. Anyway, with just drop springs alone you would be at the end of the stock components adjustability. Adding the RCA's surely pushes it beyond its adjustment range. With my RCA's only on stock springs I'm within spec, but not much more adjustment room left on the stock arms.

If you are on Exact fronts getting Sage fronts will raise the front up about 3/8". Still your alignment will be out of spec. If you are going to run both drop springs and RCA's you will need adjustable control arms either upper or lower.

Car looks nice the way you have it though.
im running exact rca up front, i thought it was a 1" drop... adjustable control arms are too pricey for me. and thanks for the comment, i was hopping the rear would drop a bit more...

Anyone has their allignment spec lowered on df210?
Old 05-09-10, 02:46 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS400onDUB

im running exact rca up front, i thought it was a 1" drop... adjustable control arms are too pricey for me. and thanks for the comment, i was hopping the rear would drop a bit more...

Anyone has their allignment spec lowered on df210?
Sage is 30mm, while Exact is 38mm.
Old 05-09-10, 07:22 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

yea, im leaning towards df210 without front RCA.
You should actually probably use the rca's with the DF's, I have them on my car and the drop isn't even. There's more of a gap in the front than in the back. My car looks like yours but vice versa as far as the drop.
Old 05-09-10, 11:21 AM
SlowGS4
Driver

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Sage is 30mm, while Exact is 38mm.
I was going for sage but exact had them in stock.

Originally Posted by DarKnight
You should actually probably use the rca's with the DF's, I have them on my car and the drop isn't even. There's more of a gap in the front than in the back. My car looks like yours but vice versa as far as the drop.
hmm any pictures of your car? along with allignment spec? how many miles you usually get out of your tires with this setup?
Old 05-09-10, 12:35 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by DarKnight

I thought you had D2 Racing coilovers?
Old 05-09-10, 08:50 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

hmm any pictures of your car? along with allignment spec? how many miles you usually get out of your tires with this setup?
I haven't taken any pictures lately, it's not picture worthy right now. I had an alignment done after the suspension install but I didn't get a spec sheet. The setup has been on my car since the end of last summer and I put winter tires on so i don't know yet how long the tires would last. I also haven't been driving the car much lately.

Last edited by DarKnight; 05-10-10 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-09-10, 08:50 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

I thought you had D2 Racing coilovers?
I sold that setup a little while back. Decided to go with springs and shocks.