GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

which remote start do you have??

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-10, 04:57 PM
ac921ol
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default which remote start do you have??

which one do you have and would you change anything about it???
Old 05-09-10, 07:53 AM
drewefx
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a remote start is often used or installed in cars to warm up your car in winter, but i dont think ppl here drive their Lexuses in winter so i dont think you will have too many answers but good luck!!
Old 05-09-10, 08:41 AM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by drewefx
I think a remote start is often used or installed in cars to warm up your car in winter, but i dont think ppl here drive their Lexuses in winter so i dont think you will have too many answers but good luck!!
It's a huge convenience factor, and it's also to start the car and get it cool in the blistering hot summer, mang. I personally will never own a car without a good remote start system ever again. I have had it on the every vehicle in the last 13 years, and it's always been a great thing for me. I've had Viper and Autopage. I find them to be pretty comparable, but do find that the Autopage is a little pickier about the voltage on the car. It's still a great unit - I think part of it was the former installer took a few liberties that I have since corrected.

Since DEI now pretty much owns the market, you really can't go wrong with a unit from them but keep in mind that every unit is only as good as its installation. A great unit (like the Autopage) can be hampered by someone who doesn't do things properly. Search for an installer you trust, and the system they sell will probably meet your needs very well.

Big Mack
Old 05-09-10, 09:01 AM
ac921ol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by drewefx
I know of a few people that have them on the forum, just waiting for them to post up.

Originally Posted by Big Mack
It's a huge convenience factor, and it's also to start the car and get it cool in the blistering hot summer, mang. I personally will never own a car without a good remote start system ever again. I have had it on the every vehicle in the last 13 years, and it's always been a great thing for me. I've had Viper and Autopage. I find them to be pretty comparable, but do find that the Autopage is a little pickier about the voltage on the car. It's still a great unit - I think part of it was the former installer took a few liberties that I have since corrected.

Since DEI now pretty much owns the market, you really can't go wrong with a unit from them but keep in mind that every unit is only as good as its installation. A great unit (like the Autopage) can be hampered by someone who doesn't do things properly. Search for an installer you trust, and the system they sell will probably meet your needs very well.

Big Mack
Yeah, i guess i should just talk to the installer and get it figured out.
My roommate has viper and he likes it, but the Temp doesnt work on his remote.
Id like to have it for those blistering hot days, those cold mornings, and just to warm up the car while im walking to it.
Old 05-09-10, 03:32 PM
drewefx
Pole Position

Well I guess I was wrong but I should have also mentioned that in Ontario Canada, you cant have your car idle in the temps above 10 deg or you get a ticket of about $120 for poisoning the environment and its a big thing here.
Old 05-09-10, 07:46 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow u get a ticket for warming up ur car?
I use Compustar Pro, no problem 2 years already, mainly to warm it up in the mornings so im good to go soon as i get in
Old 05-09-10, 08:15 PM
lunatyk
Lead Lap

Had Viper 791xv on my previous car, if you do go with a DEI product make sure you add the other features as well to help prevent your car from being stolen if that's an issue with you.

I'm looking to have a Viper 5901 installed pretty soon.
Old 05-09-10, 08:24 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AsGs300
wow u get a ticket for warming up ur car?
I use Compustar Pro, no problem 2 years already, mainly to warm it up in the mornings so im good to go soon as i get in
I also got a compustar. Only thing I don't like about it is sometimes it needs to turn twice to start with the remote start. I've heard a few other people have this problem. I still love it tho. I leave the heater on and turn off the car so when I use the remote start to warm the car before I head out in the morning It's all ready to go and I do the same thing in the summer with the a/c. My factory remote will works so I have like a dual alarm. I can still roll down my windows using my factory remote but the car has to be unlock by the compustar first
Old 05-09-10, 09:27 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

compustar is comming out with a module , i believe around 200 bucks, u can use any cell phone to operate the system, iPhone also has an app comming
cant wait, that compu remote is too bulky
Old 05-09-10, 10:43 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

compustar is comming out with a module , i believe around 200 bucks, u can use any cell phone to operate the system, iPhone also has an app comming
that'll be crazy. It'll work better than my remote right now range isn't too great if inside gotta be near a window
Old 05-09-10, 11:07 PM
maxxdaddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use crimestopper units in all my vehicles including my GS4 for the past five years. I have not had any reliability issues.
Old 05-10-10, 12:56 AM
we todd it
Rookie

correct, system is called DRONE.

i also installed the compustar Pro into my GS. in canada remote start is more high demand/popular during cold winters...
Old 05-10-10, 07:08 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

I thought LuxuryMods was offering a remote start that was integrated into the factory remote.
Old 05-10-10, 07:56 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

I have a Python (cannot remember model #) and love it. Cranks on first try every time and I use it more in the summer than the winter. Nothing like a black interior to be 150 degrees in the summer.

Only dislike is the steering wheel does not come down automatically since the key is not inserted and does not once you put the key in. You have to hit the preset button on the door. Only complaint.
Old 05-10-10, 09:00 AM
Rich23
Lead Lap

Viper 5901... Its pretty good... Battery drains fast though, even when vibrate option is off on pager...

Quick Reply: which remote start do you have??