GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-02, 01:00 AM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Japan

Well, I can tell you guys from experience.. japan is a happening place. I spent a whle year there being in the Marines. Really cute girls and the are friendly as hell too. The clubs are crazyyyyy. They would give hte clubs here in Hollywood a run for their money. Watch out sor the speedsters, unless you will be one of them, and the cold coffee is a standard. I remember my Japannese GF(Leiko) taking me to A&W Rootbeer(burger joint). Maan it was expensive. Like $13 American dollars for a meal. Aaaaahhhhh the good old days. I made her into a Lakers fan... Hahahahahaha. But hey don't forget to take pics and post them for us......

Have fun...

Rock:eek:
Old 06-18-02, 01:01 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hahaa....the women there have problems but you didn't hear that from me!!! but YOU might like 'em...they're easy (oooooh an Ameeeerican!). just don't catch or spread diseases please. And i heard security is beefed up and the Japanese officers at Narita airport have no tolerance for people bringing illegal things...but I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old 06-18-02, 01:02 AM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Cool Hickup...

Hey dudes.. sorry for all the mispellings... One too many cervezas....

Rock
Old 06-18-02, 01:05 AM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up MeZoom

Hey are you from Japan??? What part?? I was in Yokuska and in Okinaway(though I recall alot of people there didn't consider themselves Japaneese) ....

Rock
Old 06-18-02, 01:31 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Default Re: MeZoom

Originally posted by Rockero28
Hey are you from Japan??? What part?? I was in Yokuska and in Okinaway(though I recall alot of people there didn't consider themselves Japaneese) ....

Rock
You're in the navy? are you an officer? how'd you get a lexus? billeting in yokosuka is terrible but i heard it's like that at all stations that are SRF's. I was born in Yokohama so i mostly stay around there and tokyo, got a home 2 train stations away from yokosuka.
Old 06-18-02, 02:03 AM
gsstud
Pole Position

Originally posted by manaray
meZoom! - Damn, I need to find a girlfriend like you! Hehehehe...
Im starting to feel that way too!
Old 06-18-02, 02:04 AM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Unhappy Navy???

Naw..... I am enlisted, and in the Marines. I am a Gunnery Sergeant(E-7), but I am getting out in two months. I just completed 12.5 years, but decided I want a career change while I am still young. Hehehehehe. Yes, I do own a Lexus and 2 Acuras. Contrary to popular belief though, the Military is not that bad as far as pay goes. I have been living in La Jolla for the past 5 years and if you know where it is... you will know it is rather expensive to live there. Yes, you are correct about the billeting there... My ex GF was from Okinawa, and we used to travel quite a bit. She was a really nice girl, but just did not know how to say no... I wonder what ever happened to her???

Rock
Old 06-18-02, 03:44 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rockero - You're a gunny, eh? Mad props bro. I have much respect for gunnies. Carlos Hathcock (II) is, of course, one of the most well known...Do you compete at all? La Jolla is a nice area!
Old 06-18-02, 04:44 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Re: MeZoom

Originally posted by meZoom!

You're in the navy? are you an officer? how'd you get a lexus? billeting in yokosuka is terrible but i heard it's like that at all stations that are SRF's. I was born in Yokohama so i mostly stay around there and tokyo, got a home 2 train stations away from yokosuka.
yokohama is like my favorite city in the world Food is great, people are great, cars are great also!!! (can't beat the highway there.). Too bad the last time I was there, I stayed for like 1 day only. Most of the time I spend while in Japan are in Tokyo. (and Osaka for some genuine TAKOYAKI!)
Old 06-18-02, 07:26 AM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Props to my fellow military Lexus owner!

My wife just got back from a TDY to Okinawa and now we're hopping on the plane Thursday to go back to Japan. She won't know what time zone she's in pretty soon...

Anyway, we're going to Tokyo, Fukuoka, Nagoya, and then Tokyo Disneyland. I'll be gone for two weeks, and I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures to post. I'll keep a special eye out for the Aristos!
Old 06-18-02, 08:53 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

sorry i have a story about tokyo disneyland. my grandpa told me that at disneyland, they like to keep a pristine image, so they don't like all these service cars running around. supposedly, all of the maintenance is done below ground level, and when the cleaning lady comes to "empty" the trash cans all around the park, she just drops it down this special chute near the trash can so it goes to the lower level. this prevents her from lugging around smelly trash around the park. true or not, i dunno. have fun
Old 06-18-02, 10:02 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mezoom- I heard that too about all disneylands, everything is underground to keep that clean look
Old 06-18-02, 11:47 AM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the props manaray... Preciate that... My first duty station was Saudi during the Desert Storm. I spent almost 8 months there and got a pretty good tan. Hahahahahaha. Anyway, i was also fortunate enough to go to Mogadishu and participate in "Restore Hope". You know ehre they came up with the soryline for Black Hawk Down.... Anyway, been all over the world and seen alot of stuff.... Been a great 12+ years, but I am looking a career change. Tired of the traveling you know. Yes sir, La Jolla sure is nice. I am going to miss it, but only until I go back to buy a house though...

Rock
Old 06-18-02, 12:18 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Default Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Rockero28
Thanks for the props manaray... Preciate that... My first duty station was Saudi during the Desert Storm. I spent almost 8 months there and got a pretty good tan. Hahahahahaha. Anyway, i was also fortunate enough to go to Mogadishu and participate in "Restore Hope". You know ehre they came up with the soryline for Black Hawk Down.... Anyway, been all over the world and seen alot of stuff.... Been a great 12+ years, but I am looking a career change. Tired of the traveling you know. Yes sir, La Jolla sure is nice. I am going to miss it, but only until I go back to buy a house though...

Rock
Rock, I'm glad to see a fellow Marine CL member Also nice to see someone else attempting to distill the myth that military people live near poverty. As you and I both know, you can make a decent living if you are patient, disciplined and learn to manage your money. We need to get together sometimes and trade "war stories"...of course mine won't be as interesting as yours...except for a tour on the drill field, I've spent the majority of my career behind a desk
Old 06-18-02, 03:49 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Semper Fi

Yeah, it seems alot of people either think it is really hard, or we don't get paid. Well, like you said, it is misleading. Of course I am single with no kids and I haver budgeted myself well. Anyway, I am planning on writting a book based on all my experiences in the Corps and all wonderful places it has taken me. I do have plenty...... But anytime you want to hook up and exchange stories, over a cold one..... let me know. Where do you live?? I know as a DI you probably have some funny stories to tell..... Trust me I know.

Seper Fi,
Rock

Quick Reply: GS in Japan