GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-02, 04:07 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rock, I have not been able to budget quite as well as you so I had to settle for a home in Murrieta Hopefuly when I retire in 4-5 more years I can move closer to the coast Do you plan on coming to the CL BBQ this weekend? Believe me, I have plenty of DI stories and my 3 year "statute of limitations" is about to run out so I'm ready to tell them
Old 06-18-02, 07:34 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Default CL BBQ

Cool.... But where is the grill at??? I did not know there was one coming up. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday, so it would be a good start if it is Saturday noonish..... You know... "Pre-Flight" ops????

Rock
Old 06-18-02, 07:54 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Rock, follow this thread...it gives all the details:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=49144
Old 06-19-02, 01:45 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rockero28 - Wow, you were in Somalia? That was some out of control shiat over there. Even though it's morbid, I wish Black Hawk Down would have show how Gordon's body was returned. I don't think people understood what a bunch of ANIMALS "the skinnies" were...

Randy Shughart and Gary Gordon MOST definitely deserved the Metal of Honor for their actions.

I don't know if you're still "into" your former career, but here is a good website with a lot of good 1* related links...

www.sniperworld.com

Hope you make it to the meet, it looks like I will probably be able to make it...

Gunnermac - Hehehe...desk job, eh? My buddy used to tell me they had a little song for desk job Army Rangers...."I'm a Desktop Ranger, papercuts my only danger!" Hehehe...hey, the way I see it, you need people to make up the backbone...w/o the backbone, the guys out in the field aren't going to be very effective...the military just needs some "streamlining"...
Old 06-19-02, 08:10 AM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Originally posted by manaray

Gunnermac - Hehehe...desk job, eh? My buddy used to tell me they had a little song for desk job Army Rangers...."I'm a Desktop Ranger, papercuts my only danger!" Hehehe...hey, the way I see it, you need people to make up the backbone...w/o the backbone, the guys out in the field aren't going to be very effective...the military just needs some "streamlining"...
Manaray - Believe me, I have heard them all over the years But, I realize that the majority of it is meant in good fun. One of the great things about the Marine Corps is most of us realize that we are Marines first and our occupational specialty is secondary. I also think that Marines in the infantry that have been around long enough realize the importance of the supporting occupational specialties. You are indeed right about the "streamlining", but it would be a difficult process and no one (civilian leaders) seems willing to tackle it.
Old 06-19-02, 10:17 AM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Default Somalia

Yeah. I agree Manaray, it was some as you put it, shiaaat. I remember when I got there, the famine was running rampant. Dead bodies on the streets and no one to claim them. It was total caos... I made the mistake of throwing a loaf of bread into a crowd along the routes on one of our convoys.... Man I felt bad about it. Everyone was after it like it was a bag of gold. A couple of little kids got trampled on by the big guys. I felt bad about that..... The funny thing is that I was not even scheduled to go... I had just returned from an overseas tour and volunteered to go in place of a fellow Marine that had just gotten married. Then there were my "**** burning" days in saudi..... Talk about a ****ty job... Hahahahahaha. Oh well, maybe I should save some for later..... So where is the BBQ at????

Rock
Old 06-19-02, 10:24 AM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Default Oh, BTW

Is this going to be a dry BBQ???? Or can we bring any alcohol??? You know, just a few cold ones.. I do have a wedding to go that night, so I would like to "pre-flight"..... I will also bring my digital camera......

Rock
Old 06-20-02, 12:41 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GunnerMac & Rockero28 - Hehehehe...I be both of ya have some good "war stories"! I hope that we can all meet some time...

As for the BBQ...dunno if we should have alcohol...unless you come with a sober driver...I would HATE for someone to drive home even "slightly" drunk and get into an accident....that would REALLY suck. I've had a few friends get hurt by drunk drivers and one that got killed...

Last edited by Manaray; 06-20-02 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-20-02, 10:59 AM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Default Alcohol

No probelem bro.... I can always have a Pepsi... Yeah, I am coming to the BBQ, and I believe gunnermac said he was going too. Heck he is the one that invited me so he better go. I don't know anybody here other than by these posts that we do. We will have to have some final coordinating instructions so we know who we are...... I have a black GS3 with is300 rims rims.

Rock
Old 06-20-02, 12:04 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Default Re: Alcohol

Originally posted by Rockero28
No probelem bro.... I can always have a Pepsi... Yeah, I am coming to the BBQ, and I believe gunnermac said he was going too. Heck he is the one that invited me so he better go. I don't know anybody here other than by these posts that we do. We will have to have some final coordinating instructions so we know who we are...... I have a black GS3 with is300 rims rims.

Rock
Rock - Don't worry...I will definately be there...I've been waiting for months to see some nicely modded Lexus' and meet some the cool people on this forum. As for drinks, I plan to bring some non-alcohol beer...don't drink and drive, but I have to at least have something that sorta taste like beer

Manaray - Looking forward to meeting you...been wanting to thank you personally for the advice you have given me on mods

Oh, this thread is suppose to be about Japan...OK, I spent 4 years in Okinawa...loved it
Old 06-20-02, 10:06 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Talking Japan

4 years???? Dude, were you a gym rat, bks rat, or a clubber???? You must have been P***y whipped huh??? It's all good. I was a clubber..... Heeeey..... hahahahaha. I am so looking forward to seeing some nice rides as well as meet some cool pepes.... Mine is pretty stock, but hey, it's a Lexus right??? I will have the "Rockero" plates....

Rock
Old 06-20-02, 10:14 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Rock - I was a gym rat, but you couldn't tell it now I'm was/am a married man so I didn't get to indulge in some of the "finer things" over there like you single guys Still had a great time and was able to stack a lot of chips
Old 06-20-02, 10:14 PM
enginyr
Banned

Yokohama women.........Reow
Old 06-20-02, 10:29 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Default yoko women

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuup... You know what I am talking about. Those women are craaazy. I beleive MeZoom agreed right? I had a gf there and clubbed every weekend......

Rock
Old 06-21-02, 11:26 AM
TOYOTA
Driver School Candidate

Yes, go to TOYOTA CITY in Tokyo, you can test drive all kind of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, only 5 dollars and you can choose any car to drive for 20mins.

I went there last summer and i have test drive SupraTT, SC430....etc, i am planning to go there again soon for business trip