GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Turned 20... MODS to come

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-10, 06:07 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MAKE sure to take LOTSS of pictures for us!!!! I cant wait to see this beast i cant even imagine how you feel!
Old 06-13-10, 08:55 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TLcoats
MAKE sure to take LOTSS of pictures for us!!!! I cant wait to see this beast i cant even imagine how you feel!
+1, LOTS lol!
Old 06-13-10, 11:19 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have fun with your build and enjoy the TX heat.
Old 06-14-10, 04:18 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
have fun with your build and enjoy the TX heat.
Thanks;

Jeff plans to take out the engine today...

As for the HEAT, I will not be complaining about the Canadian winters
anytime soon
Old 06-15-10, 06:57 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In for pictures
Old 06-15-10, 06:23 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
In for pictures
I think Jeff is very busy with the swap at the moment, pics

will be up when Jeff has the time. I will go some time tomorrow or the day after to see how the build is progressing.
Old 06-15-10, 07:42 PM
7DOOBIE7
Pole Position

DUDE!! i would be parked down the street sleeping in my truck, living off of Cheetos and red bulls like a stalker waiting for the first glimpse of all the changes to it if this was my car or even to just help pass a wrench on the build.

I really appreciate you letting us in on your journey of the ultimate mods/upgrades for a 2GS. I am sure most of us dream of getting this done to our cars all in one shot at some point or another.

Eff me!! A big turbo swap from a great motorhead and a full air suspension to boot?!! Hawtdamn i love this thread! Probably the most interesting and highly anticipated threads in a long while. Looks like Christmas came early this year. In June!..

If money was no object and the ultimate set up was desired your choice in a builder and car would be top of my list. I hope Jeff comments on this occasion because i am sure you are the first customer to come to him from so far away.

Really says something about the guys knowledge and talents right?.

You are doing our community proud by sharing this build thread so don't skimp on any details, even the most minute ones. i can learn a lot from this one.

Cheers and buy a "sixer" for Jeff on me
Old 06-15-10, 08:02 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Let me know when you'll be over at Jeff's place.

I'd love to drop by.
Old 06-15-10, 08:30 PM
CCM03
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy birthday!
Old 06-15-10, 09:37 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry guys. Been busy lol. I've been busy disconnecting everything from both cars and spent the rest of the day building the wiring harness. Oh yeah, also spent a good 3-4 hours polishing up all the aluminum lol. Took off all the wiring harnesses, accessories, hoses, and drained fluids. Both motors are ready to be pulled out tomorrow in the morning-afternoon. His car is a 2001 so it has the older harness, so I couldn't just drop the completed one into his car. That would of saved a good 5-6hrs of work! Ah well, what's done is done

I'll get some pictures posted tomorrow while pulling out engines from both cars.
Old 06-16-10, 12:53 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait to see the pics!
Old 06-16-10, 08:06 AM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 7DOOBIE7
DUDE!! i would be parked down the street sleeping in my truck, living off of Cheetos and red bulls like a stalker waiting for the first glimpse of all the changes to it if this was my car or even to just help pass a wrench on the build.

I really appreciate you letting us in on your journey of the ultimate mods/upgrades for a 2GS. I am sure most of us dream of getting this done to our cars all in one shot at some point or another.

Eff me!! A big turbo swap from a great motorhead and a full air suspension to boot?!! Hawtdamn i love this thread! Probably the most interesting and highly anticipated threads in a long while. Looks like Christmas came early this year. In June!..

If money was no object and the ultimate set up was desired your choice in a builder and car would be top of my list. I hope Jeff comments on this occasion because i am sure you are the first customer to come to him from so far away.

Really says something about the guys knowledge and talents right?.

You are doing our community proud by sharing this build thread so don't skimp on any details, even the most minute ones. i can learn a lot from this one.

This is the first every long trip, by car that I have made. 2 days and some hours, sooo HOT on the way, slept in the trailer hauler and for food (mostly junk food chips, and all). Now in the hotel can relax for a week or so then get ready for the same trip back.

Yea I would have loved to see the whole thing happen in front of me, but I would rather be SURPRISED by Jeff's great work when I go and see it.

thanks for the compliments .

Yup, coming all the way passing other shops that could have done the same work, BUT Jeff was the BEST person to get the work done from.

I'll go check out the progress soon... Can't wait

LOL

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS

I'd love to drop by.
I think I'll drop by tommorrow (Thursday or Friday).

Originally Posted by CCM03
Happy birthday!
Thanks
Old 06-16-10, 09:51 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by NVTHSLEX
I think Jeff is very busy with the swap at the moment, pics

will be up when Jeff has the time. I will go some time tomorrow or the day after to see how the build is progressing.
i woulda been living in jeff's garage....haha

Originally Posted by 7DOOBIE7
he just turned 20 he cant buy jeff a sixer at all. youngun
hahaha

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS

I'd love to drop by.
lucky to be so close...

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Sorry guys. Been busy lol. I've been busy disconnecting everything from both cars and spent the rest of the day building the wiring harness. Oh yeah, also spent a good 3-4 hours polishing up all the aluminum lol. Took off all the wiring harnesses, accessories, hoses, and drained fluids. Both motors are ready to be pulled out tomorrow in the morning-afternoon. His car is a 2001 so it has the older harness, so I couldn't just drop the completed one into his car. That would of saved a good 5-6hrs of work! Ah well, what's done is done

I'll get some pictures posted tomorrow while pulling out engines from both cars.
in for the pics

Originally Posted by NVTHSLEX
This is the first every long trip, by car that I have made. 2 days and some hours, sooo HOT on the way, slept in the trailer hauler and for food (mostly junk food chips, and all). Now in the hotel can relax for a week or so then get ready for the same trip back.

Yea I would have loved to see the whole thing happen in front of me, but I would rather be SURPRISED by Jeff's great work when I go and see it.

thanks for the compliments .

Yup, coming all the way passing other shops that could have done the same work, BUT Jeff was the BEST person to get the work done from.

I'll go check out the progress soon... Can't wait
while your there, you should meet up with as many 2GS CL members as you can and have them show you around specially since you just had a bday, to bad your not legal yet. happy late b-day though....must be nice to spend like 10-15k for your 20th bday
Old 06-17-10, 08:13 AM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sakataj

while your there, you should meet up with as many 2GS CL members as you can and have them show you around specially since you just had a bday, to bad your not legal yet. happy late b-day though....must be nice to spend like 10-15k for your 20th bday
Yea, I think I will.

Actually its more like 20K + but either way makes for a very nice bday present .

Some of the reason is the travelling cost, hotel expense, and CAD conversion to USD.
Old 06-17-10, 08:16 AM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

1UZ-GS I'll be dropping by Jeff's place today late afternoon.

Quick Reply: Turned 20... MODS to come