GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

01-05 GS owners today is your day!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-10, 09:58 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by CLT
Perfect, as long as the original paint is in good condition and taken care of. All mirrors are being painted at a Lexus only body shop using only Lexus Paint codes and using Sikkens automotive paints and clear coats, this way if you need a particular paint code you will receive the exact paint code that your car calls for. All mirrors are a two or three stage process depending on the paint code. Believe me when I say, that if its not good enough for my personal car then I wouldn't even offer the painting service to my customers.
well on that note,i'll chime in....im not a big aesthic person so im not really sweating it BUT

the paint itself looks great but the top of one of my mirrors has one little spot of trash in it and its not where you cant see it. its in the upper corner and it doent even look like they tried to sand it and buff it out, they didnt do anything to it as far as i can tell.

im not gripping im happy with them, im just letting you know. i will tell you what though this man ships quickly...i paid fri and got them monday. will try and make time to install this weekend
Old 08-10-10, 11:33 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Brian, I always try my best to ship the same day the purchase is made. I feel that a customer shouldn't have to wait a week or two just to receive their items. If its in stock, it ships that same day, what ever time and if I can't ship that same day it will go out the next morning.
Old 08-10-10, 04:42 PM
Trav7414
Intermediate

Brian - Would you post a DIY once you get your installed? I need to do mine just that I have no idea where things go . Hopefully I can get mine to work with a DIY guide
Old 08-11-10, 12:05 AM
denIS200
Lead Lap

I'm starting with this.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...de-mirror.html

Denis.
Old 08-11-10, 03:55 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Since I sent my original mirrors as samples to have the LED mirror covers produced, and I haven't received them back yet I can't finish my DIY.

If there is a CL member in the South Florida area willing to help out with the DIY, in return I can give that CL member a REALLY good price on a set of the LED mirror covers. So if there is anyone willing to help out please PM me, email, or call me.
Old 08-11-10, 11:36 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trav7414
Brian - Would you post a DIY once you get your installed? I need to do mine just that I have no idea where things go . Hopefully I can get mine to work with a DIY guide
im gonna send the pics and wording to CLT so he can make one...i will have made it but he wants to lay it out since he's a graphic designer

Originally Posted by denIS200
i looked at all those but nothing really helpful....waiting on able to get back to me with the PDFs.....i need to go back and look at the 98-2000 DIY and see if i can get the info from that

Originally Posted by CLT
Since I sent my original mirrors as samples to have the LED mirror covers produced, and I haven't received them back yet I can't finish my DIY.

If there is a CL member in the South Florida area willing to help out with the DIY, in return I can give that CL member a REALLY good price on a set of the LED mirror covers. So if there is anyone willing to help out please PM me, email, or call me.
so do i get a refund if i do this?
Old 08-11-10, 12:34 PM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sakataj
im gonna send the pics and wording to CLT so he can make one...i will have made it but he wants to lay it out since he's a graphic designer

i looked at all those but nothing really helpful....waiting on able to get back to me with the PDFs.....i need to go back and look at the 98-2000 DIY and see if i can get the info from that

so do i get a refund if i do this?
Brian

Just PM'd you my FTP info
Old 08-13-10, 04:04 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Anyone in the South Florida area willing to help, need an 2001-2005 GS to finish the DIY instructions.
Old 08-15-10, 07:00 PM
CLT
Former Sponsor

all PMs answered.
Old 08-16-10, 11:18 AM
PhonGS
Driver School Candidate

in for a set. pictures to follow in a few weeks. thanks for taking the time and making this possible for the 01+ GS owners!
Old 08-17-10, 06:12 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PhonGS
in for a set. pictures to follow in a few weeks. thanks for taking the time and making this possible for the 01+ GS owners!
PhonGS
Thanks your set is on the way to you
Old 08-19-10, 09:42 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

still havent finished my DIY, i fubared my door ecu and im working on getting that fixed then i will finish this but here's a few teasers. the first US 2nd gen 2001+ with these mirrors

my light completely put together, soldered,heat shrinked and run through the mirror

ok well here is my passenger side installed....the rain held me off on this tues

and the puddle light on...

Old 08-19-10, 02:43 PM
Trav7414
Intermediate

I am so jealous Brian. I have mine sitting in the garage for couple weeks now and still waiting on a DIY. I hate you hi hi hi.
Old 08-19-10, 07:55 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Do the 98-00 mirror covers come with the white led courtesy lights too? And how much is shipping to 10469?
Old 08-20-10, 04:01 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sakataj
still havent finished my DIY, i fubared my door ecu and im working on getting that fixed then i will finish this but here's a few teasers. the first US 2nd gen 2001+ with these mirrors

my light completely put together, soldered,heat shrinked and run through the mirror

ok well here is my passenger side installed....the rain held me off on this tues

and the puddle light on...

Yes sir you are the First US 2nd gen 2001+ CL member to post your GS 01-05 LED mirror covers. Oh BTW they are FTW

Quick Reply: 01-05 GS owners today is your day!