GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Dunno where else to post this.. quick question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-02, 04:19 PM
Nexusbeta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dunno where else to post this.. quick question

I just spent about 3 hours today cleaning the trunk area of my GS. Someone in my family had the bright idea of keeping open drinks in the trunk and then go for a 2 hours drive.... Anyways my question is I just removed the black rubber stopper things in the trunk under the rear spare tire so it wont hit the bottom of the trunk. So I removed the stoppers and there was some black double sided tape I believe under it. After I cleaned it, it wasen't sticky anymore. I was wondering what I should replace this with. I though this tape was the kind that gets sticky again after you wash it. Guess I was wrong. Sorry for the long message but thanks.
Old 06-22-02, 04:43 PM
sirsomo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not real familiar with the stoppers, but it sounds like they just need to be held in place. I would think some 3M tape of spray would work, or any regular double sided tape would work fine. I would check out the local auto parts store or Home Depot.

PS-I had an experience similar to this. I'm in college and one night we had a party; in my trunk I had a huge punch bowl of "hunch punch" filled up to about an inch from the top. In a drunken stupor, a few friends and I decided to drive to the other side of our closed campus. I didnt remember the punch and we took off, I remembered it about 10 speedbumps and a 1/2 mile later. To my amazement, only a little spilled and I wiped it up with a paper towel. I always meant to write a letter to lexus about it.:eek: