GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Is this the exhaust I'm looking for?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-10, 12:54 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispy
I'll measure it when I can. I'm pretty sure it's a 4 inch tip but the extensions are a little bigger. Possibly 4.5. It also looks bigger because it's angle cut and single walled.

Sweet You're who I needed If you can be a pal... If you can give a perfect side angle (close up) picture of them (or know of any links with a pic like that) that would be great. I want to make sure I have a as close of an angle as yours. And yea, single wall is awesome. And if you can (sorry for all requests ) how wide are the openings on your bumper and how much clearance on each side of the tips? ANY info is appreciated...

Now what did you mean by 'extensions'?
Old 06-10-10, 11:45 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Tips ordered Just wish I would have found these earlier in the week could have had them on for BOS I'll post up pics when installed...
Old 06-10-10, 04:00 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extensions, they have slip on extendable tips (like what you are buying) to push out the exhaust tip further.
Old 06-10-10, 07:38 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Damn it! If I would have known... I would have just purchased those extensions! wth!
Old 06-11-10, 07:08 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

I don't know if you can purchase just the extensions.
Old 06-17-10, 07:53 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Default Finally getting tips installed!!! :D

Well the tips I ordered arrived last night... Going in in about an hour to get them installed very excited!

Any suggestions on how to position them? I would say straight out of course? and what, 3 inches protruding? I want them to look perfect Please advise... Remember, the small part of the tube will be cut off and then welded on:
Attached Thumbnails Is this the exhaust I'm looking for?-dscn0781.jpg   Is this the exhaust I'm looking for?-dscn0783.jpg   Is this the exhaust I'm looking for?-dscn0784.jpg  
Old 06-17-10, 09:36 AM
a#'z
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should take som pictures after you install them. What kind of tips are those? looks nice, model number? lol
Old 06-17-10, 11:08 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

At the moment I'm really unhappy with the outcome, dont really want to post any pics; just want to sleep it off..... If anyone is interested in these tips, I'll hack them off and sell them to you for a bit less. But they'll be coming already customed to fit your factory exhaust so price wont be too different. I payed a lot to get them to work so my loss your gain... rear 2.5 is hacked off and replaced with other tubing and ready to weld on to your exhaust. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 06-17-10, 05:34 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Post some pictures man! You can't leave us hangin'! Why are you unhappy with the outcome?

If I were you, I'd have the inlet cut/welded at an angle to give the exhaust that skyward slant, then have the exit cut at a 30 degree angle, to give it the 'proper looking' cut slant for a JP style exhaust. I bet you could make these work if you try. Or are they too small? Too sunken in? What's the deal!
Old 06-17-10, 07:46 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

I had a ton of progress pics, but just dont feel the want to post them...

If you have any angle requests, let me know...
Attached Thumbnails Is this the exhaust I'm looking for?-dscn0800.jpg  
Old 06-17-10, 08:53 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Any more? rear and 3/4 angles? They look good from the side, what don't you like about them?
Old 06-17-10, 09:16 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

IDK. Mostly they arent big enough! Didnt think I would ever see myself buying a 5"+ tip... I'll wait for the sun tomorrow morning to get some 3/4 and rear shots... Also, I feel I may have extended them too far out... I NEED a JP or WINN wing to offset how far back they extend...

I suppose I like 'em, just not finished. I always knew I was gonna do these tips with one of the above wings, just didnt know that it was gonna look so bad as I waited to get that wing.
Old 06-17-10, 10:15 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

They stick out just fine. If they were oval shaped, or just wider you'd like them better, right?

Winn wing? Never heard of it.
Old 06-18-10, 12:59 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Caoboy
They stick out just fine. If they were oval shaped, or just wider you'd like them better, right?

Winn wing? Never heard of it.
Win Racing wing:

These tips were also my other option... may have been better off. We'll see... (if I ever get a wing )
Old 06-18-10, 09:35 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry wasnt thinking of lighting and such when I took the pics hope you can make out the tips. Upon further review, i may have come to terms with the tips... Even though I'd like to not have them sticking out so much (maybe an inch closer to body) I'm pretty confident that a wing will set it off. Any suggestions of what more I can do will be appreciated I'd still too would like to have had them 5" instead of 4 though...
Attached Thumbnails Is this the exhaust I'm looking for?-1a.jpg   Is this the exhaust I'm looking for?-1c.jpg   Is this the exhaust I'm looking for?-1d.jpg   Is this the exhaust I'm looking for?-1e.jpg   Is this the exhaust I'm looking for?-1b.jpg  

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 06-18-10 at 09:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Is this the exhaust I'm looking for?