GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Front Bumper Options???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-02, 05:32 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bumper Options???

I have heard these stories before on here and thought how silly, but now it has happenned to me. My wife driving in the GS bumped someone in front of her (not her fault), since the teenage kid who stopped abruptly did not know how to get through one of those highway circles.

There is visible damage to the front bumper (more like identation marks from the other car), yet not so bad that I have to run out to get it replaced immediately.

I was planning to just get it replaced with another new OEM bumper, but since I am spending that money, what other options do I have out there for a clean looking front bumper, without having to add any side skirts? Where can you get them?

Upon further inspection, I noticed that the front bumper just goes through hell and takes a beating.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-26-02, 06:22 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Front Bumper Options???

Originally posted by lexguynj
I have heard these stories before on here and thought how silly, but now it has happenned to me. My wife driving in the GS bumped someone in front of her (not her fault), since the teenage kid who stopped abruptly did not know how to get through one of those highway circles.

There is visible damage to the front bumper (more like identation marks from the other car), yet not so bad that I have to run out to get it replaced immediately.

I was planning to just get it replaced with another new OEM bumper, but since I am spending that money, what other options do I have out there for a clean looking front bumper, without having to add any side skirts? Where can you get them?

Upon further inspection, I noticed that the front bumper just goes through hell and takes a beating.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Rod Millen Motorsports front bumper, LSportline front bumper, those seem to be the most subtle without sideskirts.
Old 06-26-02, 07:14 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Front Bumper Options???

Originally posted by futuregs

Rod Millen Motorsports front bumper, LSportline front bumper, those seem to be the most subtle without sideskirts.
Futuregs, Thanks for the info! I know now where to look and the L-Sportsline Front Bumper looks great. I just hope it looks normal without the side skirt and rear underbody spoiler package since I only need the front bumper.

Thanks again.