GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Spectra Blue Mica GS430

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-12, 03:28 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

^ Agreed, nice purchase.

This is definitely my favorite combo after the white/black [unicorn]
Old 10-20-12, 04:16 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
^ Agreed, nice purchase.
he didnt purchase it, he bought it black and finally painted it like he had been saying for ages lol

looks good man, i just wish you had done it to the GS430 since it didnt come in that color
Old 10-20-12, 04:25 PM
Kevin85
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been thinking about spraying my ls400 this color.
Old 10-22-12, 10:00 AM
Bradwillia
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
he didnt purchase it, he bought it black and finally painted it like he had been saying for ages lol

looks good man, i just wish you had done it to the GS430 since it didnt come in that color

Yea SBMing a 430 would have been cool. however, I missed having Nakamichi and the 400 is a more sporty car so I decided to go with one instead of the 430. IS LALEX still going to do his?
Old 10-22-12, 11:07 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

Looks great, although the paint could use some more polishing. Looks like the hood might be misaligned too.
Old 10-22-12, 12:00 PM
4eign
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ i was gonna say...for a fresh paint job it doesnt pop like new, kinda looks like it had this color for while. I'm sure a good buff/wax will solve this.
Old 10-22-12, 03:12 PM
Bradwillia
Driver

Originally Posted by 4eign
^^^ i was gonna say...for a fresh paint job it doesnt pop like new, kinda looks like it had this color for while. I'm sure a good buff/wax will solve this.
It doesn't "pop" because it is new paint. All of the cars that you see on here have paint that is 12 plus years old and are lighter colored due to exposure to the sun. Spectra actually looks dark until light hits it or it is sunny out. Then it looks bright blue due to the pearl effect (micah). There is no need to wax it, you aren't supposed to after a paint job anyhow. There are no imperfections on it, no need to wax!
Old 10-22-12, 06:49 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bradwillia
It doesn't "pop" because it is new paint. All of the cars that you see on here have paint that is 12 plus years old and are lighter colored due to exposure to the sun. Spectra actually looks dark until light hits it or it is sunny out. Then it looks bright blue due to the pearl effect (micah). There is no need to wax it, you aren't supposed to after a paint job anyhow. There are no imperfections on it, no need to wax!
New paint still needs protection. You should get a nice detail about 30 days after the car has been painted. You will see it really pop like everyone expects it to.
Old 10-22-12, 09:02 PM
DubbStep
Pole Position

WOW, I hate when talks of this color comes around....! I love my silver but, was thinking to murder it out with a Black dull finish with 10 layers of clear on it!!!
And then there is talks of Blue!!!!!
FML!
Old 10-22-12, 09:10 PM
Bradwillia
Driver

Originally Posted by DubbStep
WOW, I hate when talks of this color comes around....! I love my silver but, was thinking to murder it out with a Black dull finish with 10 layers of clear on it!!!
And then there is talks of Blue!!!!!
FML!

Geez man what's with the hostility? I actually prefer black but not on this car. I think silver actually looks better on the 2gs, just my opinion.
Old 10-23-12, 04:52 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

The black was beautiful, but I like this color also. I think it will look better once you change out those tail lights. Also, the paint isn't going "pop" coming straight out of the booth plus (I'm assuming he took pics right out the booth) the OP is using a regular camera vs. member's cars on this site who are getting professional photos. Big difference. It takes some time for the paint and clear to really cure before the true gloss shows through. I've had multiple cars painted and know of this process. My last car was a HOK Kandy Apple red paint job and it really didn't have the "true" wet look until 30 days after the paint job. The painter then told me that I could wax it.
Old 10-23-12, 05:44 AM
sa0625
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bradwillia
100 percent fresh and As Promised....

Niceee color Swap - looks Great!
Old 10-23-12, 06:58 AM
Bradwillia
Driver

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
The black was beautiful, but I like this color also. I think it will look better once you change out those tail lights. Also, the paint isn't going "pop" coming straight out of the booth plus (I'm assuming he took pics right out the booth) the OP is using a regular camera vs. member's cars on this site who are getting professional photos. Big difference. It takes some time for the paint and clear to really cure before the true gloss shows through. I've had multiple cars painted and know of this process. My last car was a HOK Kandy Apple red paint job and it really didn't have the "true" wet look until 30 days after the paint job. The painter then told me that I could wax it.
You're right. It is straight out of the booth. I took the photos with a DSLR camera, but had to shrink the images in order to make them fit on the forum.
Old 10-23-12, 08:44 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Brad the SBM looks great!! You definitely took the easier route to get what you wanted. Finding a SBM 400, and then trying to swap out the interior would have been much more difficult, and time consuming.

I agree with others, I'd get that hood alignment fixed. And definitely some wax on that thing before the winter weather sets in.
Old 10-23-12, 05:38 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

I love that color. I've always wanted a blue GS.

Quick Reply: Spectra Blue Mica GS430