GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Finally, its done.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-11, 10:26 AM
AristoKing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Great install.... Very clean... Nice work Brian
What he said^^^
Old 10-07-11, 02:59 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Great install.... Very clean... Nice work Brian

Originally Posted by AristoKing
What he said^^^
thanks guys....its going back again though....component amp is cutting off at higher volumes, this is the same reason my 2nd warranty sub amp was replaced. im thinking this has to do with the shops install but its starting to get old.... SIGH
Old 10-10-11, 06:42 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Looks really good Brian, love the first shot with the L-Sportline and big tips.
It came together really nicely.. know you have been on this trunk for a bit now~!
Old 10-10-11, 11:55 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSJake
Looks really good Brian, love the first shot with the L-Sportline and big tips.
It came together really nicely.. know you have been on this trunk for a bit now~!
Thanks man,yeah the L-sportline and the greddy fit pretty well

thats true i have been but cars never get finished i already want a rear panel around the box and maybe another amp to power this sub more....i had some custom work done to it when i rebuilt it and i would like to see the 4" excursion they claim it can get lol
Old 10-10-11, 04:10 PM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

That setup came out very nice!!!! Whenever you fly to CA I have a job for you, LOL!
Old 10-10-11, 06:16 PM
oslouie
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait, so did you do the install or did a shop do the install? Looks like a shop did the first one and you did the second one. The first one should have had plexi where it had the amps showing. I hate having to clean the dust and crap off the amps if any ever got in there.
Old 10-11-11, 11:33 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JDMJNKY
That setup came out very nice!!!! Whenever you fly to CA I have a job for you, LOL!
lol, thanks....never been to cali

Originally Posted by oslouie
Wait, so did you do the install or did a shop do the install? Looks like a shop did the first one and you did the second one. The first one should have had plexi where it had the amps showing. I hate having to clean the dust and crap off the amps if any ever got in there.
yes, you are correct. the shop did the original install from first page, it went south VERY quickly....and i did the second one.they ran all the wiring for the original install and then i reran most of it for the 2nd install..... i DID mention to them that the amps should have plexi on them but they were concerned about them overheating. i DID install 3 co-axial fans underneath this time as my intentions is to put plexi over them this time but even so the trunk really isnt usable since the sub has so much excursion putting anything in front of it can be bad. some days the shop is great bu for the most part i prefer to do this myself that way i know if something messes up it was my fault and i can only blame myself.....they cant seem to get ALOT of my issues worked out and it falls back on me. im semi sore cause i spent ALOT of $ originally and ALOT of stuff was done i wasnt asked about or told about and didnt like. i still am keeping most of it to myself but i doubt i will go back to them for my next car and this was the 3rd car they built for me....all the ones before were amazing...
Old 01-09-12, 12:32 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

sigh, i need to change the title of this thread......

this thing is NEVER gonna be done. MAJOR changes and simplification starting this evening
Old 01-09-12, 12:52 PM
grapedrink
Driver School Candidate

Incredible setup man. This is a dream. I trust it sounds as good as it looks. I put about 4k into my gs430's system and I am blown away listening to music with my car off. And I don't have near as much dynamat as you!
Old 01-09-12, 10:41 PM
erknjerk78
Driver

Looks great bro!
Old 01-10-12, 01:36 PM
USMCLexus
Driver

Well I'm very impressed and congrats! Nice job.
Old 01-10-12, 06:30 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by grapedrink
Incredible setup man. This is a dream. I trust it sounds as good as it looks. I put about 4k into my gs430's system and I am blown away listening to music with my car off. And I don't have near as much dynamat as you!

Originally Posted by erknjerk78
Looks great bro!

Originally Posted by USMCLexus
Well I'm very impressed and congrats! Nice job.
i think you guys are skimming cause OBVIOUSLY you didnt see the last post i made out with these POS's finally

and this is what my trunk looks like ATM

Old 01-10-12, 07:02 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Hey Brian;

Great build, its coming along real nice.

BTW was there any down time in this project, ie the car was not being driven ?
Old 01-11-12, 11:37 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NVTHSLEX
Hey Brian;

Great build, its coming along real nice.

BTW was there any down time in this project, ie the car was not being driven ?
hameed what you talking about? im almost at ground zero AGAIN so not yet is it coming along. this will now be my 3RD rebuild of this trunk. it was coming along but now is grinding to a halt (also waiting on the launch of a new headunit before i get a new radio). all this stuff will be coming out to simplify everything very soon. the ML tape player, the OEM nav screen, the glovebox dvd player, the ML amp, the gen 4 nav ecu, the prestigious society nav override,the alpine hub are ALL coming out and the orions are gone already....

only thing staying really is the batteries/sub box/sub/components. already bought the carson double din piece i need and im buying a climate control assembly for a non nav tomorrow to start converting.

funny for all the stuff i had spent i could have had air and a proper rim setup. thats ok though i should be able to sell off those parts individually and make back what i need for the headunits. the 2 amps i just got to replace the orions (directed electronics is essentially buying them back from me or them so i get all my cash back for them) were way cheaper so i got a check back from the local audio shop which is good since it was almost a grand

whats sup though man, how's your car? havent seen you on in here in AWHILE

Last edited by sakataj; 01-11-12 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-11-12, 12:50 PM
AristoKing
Instructor

Originally Posted by sakataj
sigh, i need to change the title of this thread......

this thing is NEVER gonna be done. MAJOR changes and simplification starting this evening
How about "The World Will End, Before My Mods Are Done"

Quick Reply: Finally, its done.....