GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Finally, its done.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-12, 02:34 PM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hehe as long as i've been into cars and how many times i've heard "im done"

saying "im done" usually holds true cause the person is tired of the car and wants to get rid of it. modifying never ends though.
Old 01-11-12, 02:44 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
(also waiting on the launch of a new headunit before i get a new radio).
What headunit you waiting on? Or is it top secret???

I bought the toyota double din trim kit from carson 2 years ago, and I've been wanting to buy a head unit ever since but just can't find anything I really like. It really seems the headunit technology kinda grinded to a halt like 5 years ago.

I've seen a couple that I might go for but either the ipod interface is slow/crappy, it's not a full size 7", the os is stupid slow, the navigation sucks, the preouts are only 2v, or some other issue. I'm not really that picky but if I'm gonna spend a bunch of money on a new unit all the offerings just seem stale these days.
Old 01-12-12, 02:31 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AristoKing
How about "The World Will End, Before My Mods Are Done"
probably....atleast the ones in my trunk

Originally Posted by marshun
hehe as long as i've been into cars and how many times i've heard "im done"

saying "im done" usually holds true cause the person is tired of the car and wants to get rid of it. modifying never ends though.
yeah i know how that goes also.

im not tired of the car....well sorta. 2 years ago i wanted to move onto a LS its not cause im tired of messing with this i just wanted something nicer/newer/bigger. i AM looking for to the simplicity of this next build im NOT thrilled that they seem to have discontinued this color suede so now it seems like i REALLY am starting all over again although i was smart this time and already have the plans included to eventually incorporate air into the trunk design

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
What headunit you waiting on? Or is it top secret???
yeah i just bought the carson mount also....getting with chin to get the non nav climate controls.
no secrets mike it just wont be out till april or may. its the AVIC-Z140BH the newest line replacing the AVIC-Z130BTS

NOW the new amps ATM are a secret only 3 people i texted know what they are. they are mocked up on my old setup but i ran out of wiring to actually hook them up so i STILL dont know how they sound, soon i hope

my plan is to have the trunk completely done around February/March and then will interface it with the headunit the day it arrives since i already have a order in for one.

Last edited by sakataj; 01-12-12 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-22-12, 11:04 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
hameed what you talking about? im almost at ground zero AGAIN so not yet is it coming along. this will now be my 3RD rebuild of this trunk. it was coming along but now is grinding to a halt (also waiting on the launch of a new headunit before i get a new radio). all this stuff will be coming out to simplify everything very soon. the ML tape player, the OEM nav screen, the glovebox dvd player, the ML amp, the gen 4 nav ecu, the prestigious society nav override,the alpine hub are ALL coming out and the orions are gone already....

only thing staying really is the batteries/sub box/sub/components. already bought the carson double din piece i need and im buying a climate control assembly for a non nav tomorrow to start converting.

funny for all the stuff i had spent i could have had air and a proper rim setup. thats ok though i should be able to sell off those parts individually and make back what i need for the headunits. the 2 amps i just got to replace the orions (directed electronics is essentially buying them back from me or them so i get all my cash back for them) were way cheaper so i got a check back from the local audio shop which is good since it was almost a grand

whats sup though man, how's your car? havent seen you on in here in AWHILE
Ohhh wow, another build... thats crazy. LOL your right, you could of had a pretty dam sick VIP GS.
But the good part is you can get the money back.

I am following the thread every week waiting for your updates, and reading them.

As for my ride its parked in the garage, for the winter... Jeff came up in November and re tuned the car perfectly. I am trying to order the garson VIP rear table which is close to 1000 and get a proper set of VIP rims. And I think I would call it done. Oh and maybe the Job design body kit.

As for why i havent been on much, ie posting I have been super busy with business and university.
I opened up a car detailing shop, bought the building, and have a limousine company as well, and on top of that I still have university full time, along with med. school interviews or will be continuing with Masters. Yes, its super crazy, mainly a culture thing to continue with education even though I am making money from the businesses.
Old 01-22-12, 11:38 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Haha, it's done...we've all heard that. I just finished my daily driver GS and now it feels slow to me again. I think I got used to the power already lol. Really trying not to upgrade again and be content with the power now, but we'll see haha.

Brian, I see that you're getting the Pioneer AVIC-Z140. What differences does that have over the 130? I was literally about to pull the trigger on a 130 last week for my daily, but now that I see the 140 is coming out I'll wait if the updated features are worth it.
Old 01-22-12, 11:56 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damit Brian. I was looking forward to seeing a update when I clicked on this post not another teaser. haha.

Go find yourself a old school US Amps to push that subs and call it a day bro. GL with the new setup.
Old 01-23-12, 07:47 AM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Haha, it's done...we've all heard that. I just finished my daily driver GS and now it feels slow to me again. I think I got used to the power already lol. Really trying not to upgrade again and be content with the power now, but we'll see haha.

Brian, I see that you're getting the Pioneer AVIC-Z140. What differences does that have over the 130? I was literally about to pull the trigger on a 130 last week for my daily, but now that I see the 140 is coming out I'll wait if the updated features are worth it.
Jeff, dont say that, then I may want to upgrade again to make it faster .
I think you need your 1000 rwhp build completed ASAP, dont think that would loose its feel anytime
soon.

Brian, what makes you change your mind about the ICE in the trunk ?
Old 01-23-12, 02:12 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by NVTHSLEX
Ohhh wow, another build... thats crazy. LOL your right, you could of had a pretty dam sick VIP GS.
But the good part is you can get the money back.

I am following the thread every week waiting for your updates, and reading them.

As for my ride its parked in the garage, for the winter... Jeff came up in November and re tuned the car perfectly. I am trying to order the garson VIP rear table which is close to 1000 and get a proper set of VIP rims. And I think I would call it done. Oh and maybe the Job design body kit.

As for why i havent been on much, ie posting I have been super busy with business and university.
I opened up a car detailing shop, bought the building, and have a limousine company as well, and on top of that I still have university full time, along with med. school interviews or will be continuing with Masters. Yes, its super crazy, mainly a culture thing to continue with education even though I am making money from the businesses.
i could have done my air setup for what i have put in and removed from this car in audio already why would i want a VIP car hammeed? i have NEVER wanted one....i like a clean functional car better

nice, i wanna come work for you....

Originally Posted by JeffTsai

yeah it was done for me till these POS amps went crazy for like the 6th time and no im not exaggerating. the bit writer software in the amps is AWFUL and ends up locking themselves up.. a few times for overheat protection, once for theft protection, and few others for a few different reasons. ATM im content with these new amps but now i want my trunk put back together and it wont work how it is since the new amps are WAY smaller or atleast the component amp is

nothing major changed in them as far as i can tell (they just launched them so im not 100% sure)except some updates for the apps for the iPhone 4/4s

Originally Posted by bigguppy
Damit Brian. I was looking forward to seeing a update when I clicked on this post not another teaser. haha.

Go find yourself a old school US Amps to push that subs and call it a day bro. GL with the new setup.
yeah i dont normally do teasers i just dont wanna show off anything yet.

i got some tricks up my sleeves with the trunk and these new amps are way better than the old school US amps....

Jeff, dont say that, then I may want to upgrade again to make it faster .
I think you need your 1000 rwhp build completed ASAP, dont think that would loose its feel anytime
soon.

Brian, what makes you change your mind about the ICE in the trunk ?
? what do you mean change my mind? i didnt i kept having problems with these so either directed electronics (company who owns orion now) or the local shop decided to buy these back from me.....then they bought my 2 new amps and cut me a check for almost a grand

Last edited by sakataj; 01-23-12 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-23-12, 05:09 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

LOL we VIP rides have functional cars, just not as much mileage !!!

Ohhh alright, got it... So its the parts that are causing the problems.

Well cant wait to see how it turns out. How long does it take to take out, wire, re wire all those parts ?

Good luck with the build.
Old 01-24-12, 01:08 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

LOL we VIP rides have functional cars, just not as much mileage !!!

Ohhh alright, got it... So its the parts that are causing the problems.

Well cant wait to see how it turns out. How long does it take to take out, wire, re wire all those parts ?

Good luck with the build.
hameed you have to change that awful lip kit or body kit before i can even think of you as VIP.

yeah it was the parts...

well everything was out in about a hour, new ones kind of thrown in to test and now im waiting for the release of that head unit in april

thanks
Old 01-25-12, 11:00 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Forget the Garson table, go for the rims and definitely Job Design, and you will be set!!! Sorry to thread jack, but you are so close, lol!!! The JD kit and the right wheels will put this bad boy away!! Anyway, back to Brian, I admire your determination, and can't wait to see how this build finally turns out bro.
Old 01-25-12, 02:00 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by veritek
Forget the Garson table, go for the rims and definitely Job Design, and you will be set!!! Sorry to thread jack, but you are so close, lol!!! The JD kit and the right wheels will put this bad boy away!! Anyway, back to Brian, I admire your determination, and can't wait to see how this build finally turns out bro.
no way, dont forget that table that thing is balling. no thread jack bing, its all good...your right though a better choice in wheels and a better kit will put this away for him

thanks man, im gonna go talk to one of the guys from the shop today and see if we can start making a layout for my trunk since the headunit wont be avaliable for awhile i would like to have the trunk squared away but atm im trying to work on adding air to it before i finalize my plans for the rear
Old 01-25-12, 09:58 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yo sakataj, looking forward to the final setup again Hit me up when your ready to part out your last setup Interested in a couple of things.
Old 01-26-12, 01:42 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by clos430
Yo sakataj, looking forward to the final setup again Hit me up when your ready to part out your last setup Interested in a couple of things.
im ready now...

PM me what your interested in/looking for
Old 03-23-13, 08:23 PM
AndyWSU
Driver School Candidate

Nice work! Was putting the dvd player in the stock cd changer area difficult? What kind of work did you have to do? I'm thinking about doing the same but with a half din EQ.

Quick Reply: Finally, its done.....