GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Finally, its done.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-10, 12:46 PM
Emil
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome install!!!! not been on in ages but that looks quality
Old 07-09-10, 02:28 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

sexxiii !!!!
Old 07-10-10, 12:40 AM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Wink

Originally Posted by sakataj
...im thinking its weighing in more like 600+ extra. i wanna get it weighed but dunno where to take it to get it weighed in
Try a shipping yard that moves semis in and out. They weigh them on a regular basis, so they may be able to help you out for a few shillings.

I'm betting with the matting, wood, sub, and wiring that went in, it's probably in the neighborhood of about 450 lbs of extra bulk. That's a lot of schtuff!

Big Mack
Old 07-12-10, 12:25 PM
James Bang
Driver School Candidate

Looks nice. I think the seams on the beauty panels are for ease of build or because it wasn't possible to fit the whole piece into the trunk opening.
Old 07-12-10, 01:27 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil
awesome install!!!! not been on in ages but that looks quality
WB then where you been hiding?

Originally Posted by iloveGS4xx
sexxiii !!!!
thanks

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Try a shipping yard that moves semis in and out. They weigh them on a regular basis, so they may be able to help you out for a few shillings.

I'm betting with the matting, wood, sub, and wiring that went in, it's probably in the neighborhood of about 450 lbs of extra bulk. That's a lot of schtuff!

Big Mack
i hadn't thought bout that Mac, all of the companies we get our weekly truck shipments in we have good standing with, i will have to holler at one of them and see if they can/will do it for me

Originally Posted by James Bang
Looks nice. I think the seams on the beauty panels are for ease of build or because it wasn't possible to fit the whole piece into the trunk opening.
thats what the installer is saying but as i said, i have pics on here showing the bottom piece in the trunk as one whole section and if he was gonna split the piece in front of the box i woulda preferred they split it off to the side or elsewhere instead of right in the middle. as i have said im currently in the plans of redesigning this box....the more and more i think about it the madder im getting. noone went over the box design with me even though i asked to sit down with them a few times and the ashtray they started for me im having to redo my self cause it HONESTLY was done half assed. although i like the box, im not happy with it and as much as i spent i should be so im planning to rework this when i get back from Nashville and while im reworking this, im gonna get the sub issue taken care of
Old 07-12-10, 05:31 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

lol damn wehre the hell have i been!?!
i didnt even see this thread being started, and i was eager to see the finished product!!

looks great man! finally we get to see everything, and that box that i was waiting on!!!!!
okay. so you built a normal box and then you just slid it back there?
wow, i always thought about doing that but i didnt think that would work. and you cut the stock 10" hole into a 12" hole?
isnt there a good amount of space (a couple inches at least) between the box and the top of the rear deck (through the trunk)? wouldnt that xxx make it rattle like a total *****?! lol. thats a massive sub, unless you really did some good dynamatting under and on top of the rear deck?
Old 07-13-10, 09:35 PM
airmax
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
its not really in the stock location, as a matter of fact, there isnt any area of the OEM sub location left. they cut it all out
well by stock location i meant pointing up out of the deck at the rear glass. i hate how mine sounds, id love to hear yours. my audio is a my first stereo by little tykes compared to yours lol. in the market to upgrade everything right now though. i really like what i see in this thread though
Old 07-15-10, 10:22 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by robertoyou
lol damn wehre the hell have i been!?!
i didnt even see this thread being started, and i was eager to see the finished product!!

looks great man! finally we get to see everything, and that box that i was waiting on!!!!!
okay. so you built a normal box and then you just slid it back there?
wow, i always thought about doing that but i didnt think that would work. and you cut the stock 10" hole into a 12" hole?
isnt there a good amount of space (a couple inches at least) between the box and the top of the rear deck (through the trunk)? wouldnt that xxx make it rattle like a total *****?! lol. thats a massive sub, unless you really did some good dynamatting under and on top of the rear deck?
thanks man, alternator is NOW on...btw.
gotta get on the ball of reworking this thing now

Originally Posted by airmax
well by stock location i meant pointing up out of the deck at the rear glass. i hate how mine sounds, id love to hear yours. my audio is a my first stereo by little tykes compared to yours lol. in the market to upgrade everything right now though. i really like what i see in this thread though
ah, i gotcha....thanks man. im thinking bout switching to a memphis MOJO, i gotta find a sub that will be able to handle the power im sending to it.
Old 07-15-10, 12:10 PM
DRAG2GS300
Lead Lap

nice set up.....
Old 07-15-10, 08:50 PM
importhope
Lead Lap

Dynamat isnt lite, that had to add 70 pounds...? But that's going to make it sound so clean. Great work man, keep it up.
Old 07-16-10, 01:12 AM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am late, but the setup looks great Brian. What is your next stept for the car? Exterior or interior? Please dont say motor.
Old 07-16-10, 10:43 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DRAG2GS300
nice set up.....
ty

Originally Posted by importhope
Dynamat isnt lite, that had to add 70 pounds...? But that's going to make it sound so clean. Great work man, keep it up.
each BOX was like 70lb it does sound clean....just not as loud as i wanted

Originally Posted by bigguppy
I am late, but the setup looks great Brian. What is your next stept for the car? Exterior or interior? Please dont say motor.
still interior ben, im switching subs since i blew this one up and redoing the trunk design ALREADY...
Old 07-23-10, 08:55 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

well, i think i decided on my new sub the DC Audio Level V maybe a LEVEL V with a LEVEL IV motor in it as Nathaniel suggested to me. gotta look into prices and see about getting my box/trunk re-worked for it then this is the route im gonna go.
Old 08-10-10, 09:12 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

found some pics from my nashville trip. here are a few from iraggi alternators....

this was sitting outside, a quad alternator package

and my car sitting in the shop, started to get worked on

still reworking this....should be starting up again soon
Old 08-12-10, 04:56 AM
swegs430
Lead Lap

sweet build Were to get that carbon cover for the engine bay?

Quick Reply: Finally, its done.....