GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

$$$$How easy are these GS to get stolen$$$

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-10, 07:50 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
but these cars are extremely hard to steal by common car thiefs. our cars are not worth the crazy amounts of money they where years ago. and are not in high demand.
Well a lot of thieves don't care about the car but what it has (example, wheels, stereo equipment, suspension, etc).
Old 06-29-10, 08:08 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly. And it's much easier to steal a car and take it somewhere secluded and strip it of it's expensive wheels, audio equipment, etc., than doing it out in the open or at someone's residence.
Old 06-29-10, 08:11 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-29-10, 08:50 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 109 Likes on 85 Posts

I recall reading someone got there vehicle stolen..

If they can steal a ferrari, i think it's possible to steal a GS.
Old 06-29-10, 09:34 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rgarjr
Well a lot of thieves don't care about the car but what it has (example, wheels, stereo equipment, suspension, etc).
+1. SCs or GSs aren't that many on the road, so I would imagine both cars being low on their cars-to-steal list. Thieves aren't really stealing the car so they can use it but they want it because of of the aftermarket stuff it has on the car. So the one way to deter thieves is to not mod your car.
Old 06-29-10, 09:48 PM
CleanGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't think its that easy to steal a GS, but yes a flat bad is scary! we have had a Is300 modded stolen from around my area and yes it was towed away, simply because you know they can start the car and go..

Originally Posted by ****-adkt
so were U Jacked? or did it get stolen? whats a GSR? Why would anyone post how to steal a GS and put their own car at risk? sounds fishy to me..

good luck getting your car back.

This thread should be closed.
LOL and i think he means a integra GSR! lol
Old 06-29-10, 10:41 PM
bosshognit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kaydee
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...et-stolen.html

why did you make a similar thread in the SC forum? are you trying to steal a Lexus lol.
NO NO lol I'm in the market for a 97-00 sc4 or a 98-00 GS4 and I'm just doing my homework...
Old 06-29-10, 10:45 PM
bosshognit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BoostedOne
Seems to me he may be shopping for a new ride, since his Integra is gone. So he's making sure that whatever he decides on isnt as easily taken.
yes!!!! thank you for pointing that out
Old 06-30-10, 12:46 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

IMO, any car can be stolen; just a matter on how much someone will want it. But the GS is certainly no honda. Hondas and Acuras can be broken in to and driven away in under a minute by a decent theaf. And yea as said above, the GS isnt really a target, also as stated, air bags are a great way to secure the car from moving however with internal accessories, doesnt matter what car you have, it can be stolen unless you tac weld in say your deck and use security screws for trunk equipment. I did on my other car and they bastards tried 3 times to take my deck and failed (dumb asses) third time came running out with a gun needless to say, they never returned...
Old 06-30-10, 01:17 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

As the people said above, any car can be stolen with a flatbed no matter how good the onboard security or aftermarket alarm is.

With that being said, I know how to bypass the security system on these cars. I've had to do it a few times to get my motor swaps and custom hybrid ecu stuff to work. However, I am an electrical and software engineer(currently working on another mechanical engineering degree). It requires a decent bit of knowledge on software and the cryptography front. The system uses a 32-bit cipher...stupidly easy to crack with tech today lol.

No, I will not disclose any details. All I'm saying is that it's most likely above the scope of most car thieves. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that most car thieves don't have 2 degrees and a masters in the computers and engineering field

Last edited by JeffTsai; 06-30-10 at 01:24 AM.
Old 06-30-10, 06:34 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a wrecker can tow a car that has been layed out with air ride...My buddy has a yard and showed me that its a good deterrent for flatbeds but very easy for a wrecker to grab and go. Here's a thought guys...as our cars get cheaper, the crowd that buys them changes. Thieves will move on to our cars very soon. Lots of Honda guys are buying Lexus cars...modding them...soon the thieves will follow.
Old 06-30-10, 08:20 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
a wrecker can tow a car that has been layed out with air ride...My buddy has a yard and showed me that its a good deterrent for flatbeds but very easy for a wrecker to grab and go. Here's a thought guys...as our cars get cheaper, the crowd that buys them changes. Thieves will move on to our cars very soon. Lots of Honda guys are buying Lexus cars...modding them...soon the thieves will follow.
DUDE! Thats exactly what ran through my mind. I was gonna say, this is a Lex not a honda where people go around stealing to mod them... but then I remembered that which you just said.
Old 06-30-10, 08:39 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
As the people said above, any car can be stolen with a flatbed no matter how good the onboard security or aftermarket alarm is.

With that being said, I know how to bypass the security system on these cars. I've had to do it a few times to get my motor swaps and custom hybrid ecu stuff to work. However, I am an electrical and software engineer(currently working on another mechanical engineering degree). It requires a decent bit of knowledge on software and the cryptography front. The system uses a 32-bit cipher...stupidly easy to crack with tech today lol.

No, I will not disclose any details. All I'm saying is that it's most likely above the scope of most car thieves. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that most car thieves don't have 2 degrees and a masters in the computers and engineering field
if there is every a 2gs from CL missing.. we know who to point fingers at! LOL jkk
Old 06-30-10, 09:20 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

lol...well the only thing that I've done is to bypass the immobilizer encryption to use different ECU's in motor swapped cars, but I have to have the physical ECU accessible to me. There are different methods to remotely sniff signals over the air to intercept the key code so you can unlock the doors(I haven't tried that before). Or you can screw someone over by resetting the counter on the rolling code cipher, and then they will have to get all their key remotes reprogrammed lol. Anyways, anything is possible with enough tinkering on the system because any security system in the world can be bypassed no matter how good it is...but it will require someone very smart for the tough systems.
Old 06-30-10, 09:46 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what Jeff talks about is a Code Grabber. Back in 93, I had access to a code grabber. Clifford alarms brought one to our stereo shop to show us they existed. I remember customers rolling up and switching their alarm on, I would turn it off from inside the store. they would walk back to the car, turn it on, I'd switch it off. Finally they would come into the store and say, "there's something wrong with my alarm". I would tell them "yes, there is. You need a new alarm. I'd show them the code grabber and then show them the new clifford alarms at that time with "ANTI CODE GRABBING TECHNOLOGY" with code hopping....you guys can imagine how many alarms I sold.

Quick Reply: $$$$How easy are these GS to get stolen$$$