GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

my car broke down:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-02, 02:22 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy my car broke down:(

hi

i'm so upset over this whole thing i was driving on the highway just like any other regular person and all of the sudden my rpms went to zero and all other light turned on.. i'm like okay.. i put it on nuteral and i'm trying to start it again i hear starter but yet it wont start.. so my car just stoped in middle of 3 lane highway with no possibility to get off of that highway and i can smell gasoline .. i try to start my car again and i see more gasoline coming out from my car... after that tow truck came in they charge me $55 per 1st mile and $35 for 5 more.. so i end up paying them almost $100.. but thats just begining.. so they take my car to the city, all shops are closed since its sunday but i found one so i tell tow truck driver to drop me off right here.. i'm going skip part with mechanic's bull**** (excuse my frencnh) but thats what he basically told me after 3 hours of wait.. he says that something is leaking (duh).. and he says that he needs to disassemble half of the car just to get to that part.. and he's gonig charge me $400 for labor alone here.. plus part.. then i tell him that this is sounds like too much work for him and i'm not sure if he can put back everything together.. (you should see their faces when they lift my car up.. looks like they never saw a lexus before) so i call other place.. with my own mechanic.. i though they closed on sunday but they didn't.. they helped me push my car into their shop so car going reside there over night and tomorow they going see whats up..

what do you guys think it will be and how much am i looking for?

also what went wrong? why did it broke down at first place? any ideas?

any input is appreciated

thanks
Old 06-30-02, 04:07 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Leak

Where is the leak coming from? Front/Rear?
Old 06-30-02, 05:00 PM
GS3InPhx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: my car broke down:(

Originally posted by a1exus
hi

i'm so upset over this whole thing i was driving on the highway just like any other regular person and all of the sudden my rpms went to zero and all other light turned on.. i'm like okay.. i put it on nuteral and i'm trying to start it again i hear starter but yet it wont start.. so my car just stoped in middle of 3 lane highway with no possibility to get off of that highway and i can smell gasoline .. i try to start my car again and i see more gasoline coming out from my car... after that tow truck came in they charge me $55 per 1st mile and $35 for 5 more.. so i end up paying them almost $100.. but thats just begining.. so they take my car to the city, all shops are closed since its sunday but i found one so i tell tow truck driver to drop me off right here.. i'm going skip part with mechanic's bull**** (excuse my frencnh) but thats what he basically told me after 3 hours of wait.. he says that something is leaking (duh).. and he says that he needs to disassemble half of the car just to get to that part.. and he's gonig charge me $400 for labor alone here.. plus part.. then i tell him that this is sounds like too much work for him and i'm not sure if he can put back everything together.. (you should see their faces when they lift my car up.. looks like they never saw a lexus before) so i call other place.. with my own mechanic.. i though they closed on sunday but they didn't.. they helped me push my car into their shop so car going reside there over night and tomorow they going see whats up..

what do you guys think it will be and how much am i looking for?

also what went wrong? why did it broke down at first place? any ideas?

any input is appreciated

thanks

Could be as simple as a fuel pressure regulator coming apart, or just a fuel line splitting ?? Both would be fairly cheap to fix, and easy for that matter. I am curious, let us know what it was.
Old 06-30-02, 05:04 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you changed any lines??? Maybe something just slipped off... Let us know... And goodluck....
Old 06-30-02, 05:08 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

If you're smelling gasoline, it could be a ruptured fuel line. What percentage tint?? jp
Old 06-30-02, 05:52 PM
alexus
Pole Position

it's sunday so everything is closed.. they going let me know on monday..

*sigh*.. how much would work require for change fuel line.. (thats what i think the problem is)
Old 06-30-02, 05:53 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Default Re: Leak

Originally posted by Pearlpower
Where is the leak coming from? Front/Rear?
rear.. right under the back wheels
Old 06-30-02, 05:54 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Originally posted by lex400sc
If you're smelling gasoline, it could be a ruptured fuel line. What percentage tint?? jp
6% quantium all around stop buggin me!!!
Old 06-30-02, 05:58 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by a1exus

6% quantium all around stop buggin me!!!
quantum what? tint? quantum kryptonite?? ehh??

I hope you find out what's wrong with your car bro. Please keep us filled in man. Best of luck to you.
Old 06-30-02, 06:00 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

It should be much more than a 100.00 for a new one. But than again its a LEXUS and everyone thinks you got money.
Old 06-30-02, 06:11 PM
GS3InPhx
Pole Position

check the fuel filter.
Old 06-30-02, 06:36 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,479 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Leaking gas! eek!! :eek: I guess gas wasn't getting to the engine due to the leak which caused the shut off.

Unlucky for you. I wouldn't let ANYONE touch it except a Lexus dealer and I'd be pissed because a Lexus isn't supposed to put your life in danger like that! Is your car under warranty?
Old 06-30-02, 06:40 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Originally posted by GS400_PUSHER
It should be much more than a 100.00 for a new one. But than again its a LEXUS and everyone thinks you got money.
bastards! maybe i did had money to buy a car and i dont have money to maintaine it heh
Old 06-30-02, 06:41 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Leaking gas! eek!! :eek: I guess gas wasn't getting to the engine due to the leak which caused the shut off.

Unlucky for you. I wouldn't let ANYONE touch it except a Lexus dealer and I'd be pissed because a Lexus isn't supposed to put your life in danger like that! Is your car under warranty?
i highly doubt..

the car is 1998.. right now its mid of 2002.. whats the regular warranty? 3 years or so?
Old 06-30-02, 06:43 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Originally posted by mrsypher
Have you changed any lines??? Maybe something just slipped off... Let us know... And goodluck....
thats what i think.. that fuel line slipped off .. cuz i didn't hit anythin or was not going fast so its was normal ride.. in the mornin at 8am.. i was goin home to sleep..

i'll keep you guys posted

Quick Reply: my car broke down:(