GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Look what UPS dropped off!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-10, 03:56 AM
gzhottt
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry man hope you get your money back..ups's service went downhill big time. The other day i was waiting for some floormats to be delivered and finally the guy came and he says did you leave this on my drivers seat??? I'm like are you high I was waiting for that item to be delivered today lol. I'm thinking some other driver just didn't feel like doing it and just threw it in another driver's truck. Anyways just seems really reckless what if someone was walking by and decided to grab it since their doors are always open. FedEx is the way to go.
Old 07-08-10, 08:23 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Wow this sucks. I feel for you. I hope everything works out.
Old 07-08-10, 08:43 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That grill would have been sweet man.. sorry to see this..

I do feel your pain although I cant make no claims.. my carbon fiber AB FLug was delivered to my parents house in perfect conditionn a month ago. MY mom threw it out in the box cause it was so light and she didn't look inside

Open a claim with UPS but don't get hopeful.

Last edited by GSJake; 07-08-10 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-08-10, 08:47 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks! I have never had to deal with that issue but i hope it works out for you! GL
Old 07-08-10, 10:15 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper408
I opened the box right before I was going to work on my already fubar'd fender. My blood was starting to boil. I seriously was thinking of just going to the grocery store and buying myself a 6 pack and just sit in the garage on my lawn chair.

So, anybody know from experience if I'm going to encounter a lot of red tape trying to get reimbursed for this mishap?
maybe, depends on the shipper (how they shipped it, if they insured it) and the investigator. how skinny are you BTW a 6 pack gets you drunk?

Originally Posted by Spyder78
Depends upon the UPS investigator, I got a ***** last time and he stated that the ls430 headlight that was shipped from japan in the oem toyota box was improperly shipped. Notice that it arrived from japan in perfect condition (I checked) but it wasnt able to survive the trip from NYC to Florida. They denied my claim which I had insured for $600 whereas a replacement is $1200, they didnt even reimburse me for the insurance or shipping. Good luck man, hope UPS works better for you than for me.
ouch

Originally Posted by GSJake
my carbon fiber AB FLug was delivered to my parents house in perfect conditionn a month ago. MY mom threw it out in the box cause it was so light and she didn't look inside
time to slap a ho, mom or not....
Old 07-08-10, 08:43 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

OK filed a damage claim on their site. I will let everyone know how it goes.
Old 07-08-10, 09:01 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Good luck with them processing the claim.
Old 07-08-10, 09:02 PM
bklynboi
Rookie

damn man sorry, i know u more than tight rite now
Old 07-08-10, 09:23 PM
Emontes7
Driver

damn that sucks I feel your pain its always nice receiving packages but with a surprise like that i wouldnt even want to open the next one.. insurence doesn't work is just a mafia there to make money
Old 07-09-10, 10:19 AM
bks
7th Gear

usually it helps to get the shipper involved, especially since they are the one that actually paid ups for the shipping (as far as UPS is concern).

In the case if they actually have an account and a regular customer, they might get a better treatment then you would.
Old 07-09-10, 10:43 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bks
usually it helps to get the shipper involved, especially since they are the one that actually paid ups for the shipping (as far as UPS is concern).

In the case if they actually have an account and a regular customer, they might get a better treatment then you would.
definitely get the shipper involved because he/she is the one who packaged it. I've filed a few claims with fedex and I have an account with them..., these guys have excuses up their asses. I didn't get anything back, not even shipping cost. But atleast I tried. I should have got the BBB and other entities involved.
Old 07-09-10, 11:00 AM
importhope
Lead Lap

Well that was a bad *** front grill... good luck bro. *Insurance*
Old 07-09-10, 10:31 PM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sucks. But why would your roommate accept a box in that condition? Was the grill properly packed or was is kissed for luck and shipped off wrapped in a tissue paper?

I'd call credit card or PayPal and start a despute there since UnderPaidSlaves will most likely deny the damage claim.

FedEx is the way to go? LOL . One lost passport, 2 delayed(2 weeks later!) gifts. And crackhead of a delivery driver(in my area at least). Wouldnt ring my bell to leave a box for my hard-hearing 70y/o neighbor. WTF? I'm not even gonna bring up how they're Ground/Home Delivery drivers are treated. *end rant.
Old 07-09-10, 11:32 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ALeX300
sucks. But why would your roommate accept a box in that condition? Was the grill properly packed or was is kissed for luck and shipped off wrapped in a tissue paper?

I'd call credit card or PayPal and start a despute there since UnderPaidSlaves will most likely deny the damage claim.

FedEx is the way to go? LOL . One lost passport, 2 delayed(2 weeks later!) gifts. And crackhead of a delivery driver(in my area at least). Wouldnt ring my bell to leave a box for my hard-hearing 70y/o neighbor. WTF? I'm not even gonna bring up how they're Ground/Home Delivery drivers are treated. *end rant.
The box itself didn't look mangled but looked smushed in the center like something heavy had been sitting on top of it. He accepted it, then as he was setting it down on my bed, that's when he noticed that it may have been opened. The grill was packed inside a cardboard box with bubble wrap and peanuts.

How can PayPal get involved if it didn't have to deal with the actual transaction?
Old 07-10-10, 12:32 AM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

[Devil's advocate] Keep in mind that people file false claims under all kinds of insurance, shipping included, in order to get something for nothing. If your roommate signed for something that was damaged, they shouldn't have. They should have immediately refused the shipment to the driver and asked for the supervisor's name that would review the contents with you, the receiver. [/Devil's advocate]

I would re-package everything inside, take pictures, print out the shipping log from the site, and visit UPS' location close to you. Not a UPS store, but the actual hub. They are open to the public because many items cannot simply be left at a door step. Show them that the damage is in line with the way the box is damaged, show them the log with the timestamps on delivery. This proves that it wasn't installed and in an accident that conveniently damaged it the same way the box would have. Since you've already filed the claim, this saves them from having to get in touch with you and schedule time. Having dealt with claims through both USPS and UPS, getting your paperwork and evidence in line is your best bet. Good luck and keep us posted, mang!

Big Mack

Quick Reply: Look what UPS dropped off!