GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

need help with AEM f-ic

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-10, 07:55 PM
2jz-sc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with AEM f-ic

well i just bought a 1999 gs300 and it needed some work the turbo melted the wiring harness and was causing my car to misfire,i fixed the wiring harness today and moved some stuff around.My friend decided to disconect the AEM f/ic from the ecu and after he did that the car has not turned on it is not getting any spark to any of the spark plugs.This is where i need help i wanted to hook the AEM unit back to the car bbut i have no idea on what wires go where here are some pics
Old 07-12-10, 03:03 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I saw your other post https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post5632311. Honestly man, that turbo setup needs to be reworked. It's all ghetto rigged to the point where it's hazardous. I noticed in this picture, you re-routed the oil feed line for the turbo. I sincerely hope it's not going behind the downpipe because the hose will melt and IT WILL cause an engine oil fire(trust me on this, it's not fun lol). Also, having the heat wrap on the turbo manifold is a very good place for the oil to soak in and light on fire. The intercooler piping should be welded together to prevent popping off under boost.

For the FIC, I see some loose wires. Looks like the previous installer just twisted wires together and taped it up. You must crimp the wires or solder them. Maybe when your friend disconnected the FIC, it worked a few wires loose in the wiring harness.

If you're in the Dallas area, I can help you re-work the whole setup. If not, I suggest you take it to a shop that can get it fixed. In the state it is in right now, it's not the safest thing to be driving around.

EDIT: Also keep in mind, these 2JZ-GE VVTi engines have weaker rods and pistons in the bottom end. I noticed in your other post in the SC section, you said the wastegate isn't working. That's a very good recipe for blowing up the engine. With stock headgasket, it's dangerous to run more than 9-10psi on stock 10.5:1 compression. If you get a 2mm headgasket, it will drop the compression down to a more sane 9:1 or so, at that point it will allow you to run around 15psi of boost. The final thing I have to say is that the tuning is most important on these cars. It is quite tricky to get it dialed in correctly due to the self learning/auto correcting Lexus ECU, if you don't get it just right the car will be very unpleasant to drive around. You also need to extend the harness and relocate that FIC inside the car. It is not built to withstand high heat, nor is it waterproof.

Last edited by JeffTsai; 07-12-10 at 03:11 AM.
Old 07-12-10, 09:05 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks almost like JPI did the work...LOL...oops, did I say that out loud?

Seriously, though what exactly did your friend disconnect? He pulled the plugs from the FIC? i see bare wires as well.