GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Nitrous Oxide

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-02, 07:03 PM
GsSilver300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nitrous Oxide

Im thinking about putting nos in my car. Does anyone have nos in their GS or know of anyone who has nos in their GS. I know someone who has nos in an Acura and he says that when ever he shoots the nitrous goes through his pistens and then stays in there. The nitrous left over supposedly is harmful to the pistens. Now he is trying to sell his Acura but the engine is heavily rusted and corroded. He blames it on the nos. But i have also heard other opinions. A guy at a shot called Upgrade Engineering says that he has never heard of nos staying in your pistens and ruining them. Can anyone help me with this or give me any suggestions. Im thinking about putting nos in my car. Does anyone have nos in their GS or know of anyone who has nos in their GS. I know someone who has nos in an Acura and he says that when ever he shoots the nitrous goes through his pistens and then stays in there. The nitrous left over supposedly is harmful to the pistens. Now he is trying to sell his Acura but the engine is heavily rusted and corroded. He blames it on the nos. But i have also heard other opinions. A guy at a shot called Upgrade Engineering says that he has never heard of nos staying in your pistens and ruining them. Can anyone help me with this or give me any suggestions.

Last edited by GsSilver300; 07-02-02 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-02-02, 07:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,273 Likes on 1,380 Posts

I've only heard of one guy with a GS on this board that actually has nitrous installed, and unfortunately he hasn't had it in long enough to build up the kind of empirical evidence you're looking for. I've only heard of one guy with a GS on this board that actually has nitrous installed, and unfortunately he hasn't had it in long enough to build up the kind of empirical evidence you're looking for.

You might want to do a search for nitrous on "all forums" as I recall a couple of SC's may have had it in for some time. Pm the guys that do have it to get their input. You might want to do a search for nitrous on "all forums" as I recall a couple of SC's may have had it in for some time. Pm the guys that do have it to get their input.

Hope this helps
Hope this helps
Old 07-02-02, 07:29 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Thats nothing to play with I can tell you that. I had NOS on my Legend and never had that problem. I guess it depends on what type of setup you get....Wet shot or Dry shot!
Old 07-02-02, 07:29 PM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Default Re: Nitrous Oxide

Originally posted by GsSilver300
Im thinking about putting nos in my car. Does anyone have nos in their GS or know of anyone who has nos in their GS. I know someone who has nos in an Acura and he says that when ever he shoots the nitrous goes through his pistens and then stays in there. The nitrous left over supposedly is harmful to the pistens. Now he is trying to sell his Acura but the engine is heavily rusted and corroded. He blames it on the nos. But i have also heard other opinions. A guy at a shot called Upgrade Engineering says that he has never heard of nos staying in your pistens and ruining them. Can anyone help me with this or give me any suggestions. Im thinking about putting nos in my car. Does anyone have nos in their GS or know of anyone who has nos in their GS. I know someone who has nos in an Acura and he says that when ever he shoots the nitrous goes through his pistens and then stays in there. The nitrous left over supposedly is harmful to the pistens. Now he is trying to sell his Acura but the engine is heavily rusted and corroded. He blames it on the nos. But i have also heard other opinions. A guy at a shot called Upgrade Engineering says that he has never heard of nos staying in your pistens and ruining them. Can anyone help me with this or give me any suggestions.
How did your post come up twice in the same post?
Old 07-03-02, 08:28 AM
roenick7
Driver

see the thread "reply" I hit the wrong button
Old 07-03-02, 12:24 PM
gs3_4me
Intermediate

i would p.m. Double Whoosh (if he still checks this board). I know he has 2 SC400 that he's added nos too... not sure about the 300s though.

Good luck.
Old 07-04-02, 03:14 PM
GsSilver300
Driver School Candidate

thank for the help.
Old 07-05-02, 02:12 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a member named kodai that has Nitrous on his GS300 for a year or so already.
Old 07-05-02, 04:59 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Difference between wet and dry shots?

What is the main difference between wet and dry shots of NOS? Is one more safe for the engine than the other?
Old 07-07-02, 03:14 AM
GsSilver300
Driver School Candidate

Default Diff between dry and wet

dry is for stock or minor upgrade cars. cars with intake, exhuast, stuff like that. Wet it for turbo or supercharged cars. Wet would be more dangerous to use in a less extreme modified engine.
Old 07-07-02, 07:16 AM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

what kind of mods have you done to your GS? dont want to be runing a dry shot on a factory setup...i know it can take a lil shot but just be safe...as far as the nos not escaping the chambers...it could happen...i think he had a compression problem or something...cause when the chamber opens all the gass,air , and nos should leave and give you the boost you need...
Old 07-08-02, 11:54 AM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hit up Cmputerwiz. He has the 55-75 hp shot Zex dry system in his 300. Easy, no big deal. Your car should be able to handle up to 100 shot before you need fuel system upgrades. Stick to 75 to be safe. All NOS does is lean out your fuel mixture, so you need to keep plenty of fuel going in to keep it from leaning out. The 3.0L inline 2jz is heavily over built, it can handle a lot.
Old 07-08-02, 10:00 PM
GsSilver300
Driver School Candidate

Default my mods

All i have is Greddy PE exhuast and RMM intake. Im planning on upgrading sparks plugs and fuel if i do get NOS. My friend has a civic hatchback and he does 85 shots. Im planning on shooting 100 shots.
Old 07-09-02, 12:04 AM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use only NGK copper plugs, according to Cmputerwiz. There is a few threads on it at the SC forum. Something about fouling regular iridiums.