GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Kinetik Battery number or Optima

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-10, 09:52 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
already have plenty of room
sorta, the HC1800 is almost a direct fit under our hood, the hc2000, and hc2400 look like it will REALLY stick out wide on the sides and then of course if you use the battery tray, you'll have to come up with a holder or something i think. im gonna go by my audio shop and see if i can have one from their dead battery stash

Originally Posted by neojungle1
i second on op yellow the one on my car now was in two cars before and knock on wood still going strong and that after what 4yr now i think i should replace it ,but i don't feel it has any issue,as for the Kinetic i know my cousin shop sell them and i dont hear no complain from buyer or returns
i have had my yellow top for bout 5 years now with no complaints but im switching my underhood to a kinetik also to match my trunk one

Originally Posted by carbongs
KHC-1800 is what would be good for most applications. i am running Stinger SP2150
yeah according to my measurements this morning that one will fit VERY well underhood

Originally Posted by bigguppy
I said too much.
then stop talking ben
Old 07-16-10, 10:19 AM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
then stop talking ben
Ahhh shudap. lol

But yeah...I just want to clear it up so that he does not go and buy a battery that wont be use to its optimized design and pay the extra $$$ for nothing. Food for thought to all.
Old 07-16-10, 10:46 AM
toy4life86
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok So I know i asked the question but I did not provide alot of information. I have been through 3 batterys in about 4 years the last being a napa gold 84 month. I went around the local stores at the time and looked at the cold cranking amps, I am in california where it is warm but still I wanted something that was rated like the Interstate that was in there before I believe dealer replaced it was like 1000 CCA the Napa gold was like 900 plenty IMO but the batteries keep dying I do have my car parked for times but usually get started at the most in 2 weeks. Previously I didnt even have the stock sub hooked up I do have a pioneer Double din navi.
Now I have 2 single boxed 12w6v2 or 2 12w3 and 2 500/1 amps Im not sure which one I am going to put in leaning towards the 2 12w3 with a single 500/1 and also running a 300/4 for insides
The things I plan to do is The Big 3 upgrade I have not done it, and I do believe the Ground is not that good.
With just my stock speakers and the deck I would notice dimming on the deck itself and some other small lights
I know the alternator is weak in our cars and mine is probably going bad but i know its still working because if not my car would be stranded somewhere.
I want to get the Kinetik battery because i read in other posts that lately the Optima batteries havent been as good as they used to or thats what it looks like
I have had a redtop and yellowtop in other cars they were good the yellowtop drained once and was never able to recharge that one but as far as the Kinetik the price is not much difference especially for me since the local auto parts guys wanted to sell me a Redtop for 199 and i can get a kinetik for 219 shipped
Also I read another post that the OP actually thought the yellowtop messed up the alternator
So i am going for the 1800 it should be good for the audio system I have I will add a capacitor and later if the alternator goes bad get a high output alternator
oh yah I bought a battery from walmart just for the time being and after listening to music for probably 4 hours with only 2 speakers at low volume it wont roll my windows up probably wont start the car either havent tried since my car is apart right now
But i just purchased the Kinetik today so I will let you know what I feel when i install it
look for my pictures of my work in progress on my car will post later
Thank you for all the responses and sorry for the Paragraph and Run on sentences