GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Looking for advice/opinions on my plans from the O.G.'s in the VIP scene.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-10, 02:32 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jgc
So you think vip = curtains, illuminating door sills, and a fusa? Sorry kid, I have what I consider a vip ride and the only items I have on your list are the body kit and the led tails, mods that came way after the start of my build. My point being, those mods are not going to make your car vip.

Good luck on your build, you asked for advice and opinions and I dropped my .02. I'd check out the site I posted and continue from there.
No I do not think that those things you listed = VIP. I just stated that those are things that I would like to add on to my car because I like them and IMO it makes the car look a bit more unique.

But IMO I do not think a set of 4k+ wheels are the only thing that makes a car VIP either. I think it's the car as a whole, but then again you have more experience, so i'll go with your advice.
Old 07-16-10, 02:32 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you're accessorizing before you put your clothes on....

Why buy all those "knick knacks" when you can have a nice stance, and nice wheels first.
Old 07-16-10, 02:33 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PetrolHead
Start here

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Car...-VIP's-Car

CAR > You have

0/ make sure you relly wanna do this cus you will never get back some of the money ..

1/ Suspension

2/wheels and fitment (original stuff not knock off rims)

3/ all the other PCs come last

Hope my link help to UNDERSTAND the meaning of VIPCAR build use
Haha appreciate the linkage.
Old 07-16-10, 02:35 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by speedaddic

Why buy all those "knick knacks" when you can have a nice stance, and nice wheels first.
As I stated... That is not the 'order' in which I will customize my car. Those are just things I would like to add to my car in the end and in the process. Suspension is coming first of course, and if I can find some wheels that I like and are in my price range, then those will most likely come next.

The things I listed are just some smaller things that I 'know' I want added on to my car is all.
Old 07-16-10, 02:35 PM
Kingpin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SWGrinda
Alright, so with what all of you have said I have these questions..

What is a good amount to drop the car? I will use it as a DD, so don't want to slam it and all that, but want to drop it a good amount.

Fitment: What exactly is this and how does it work? Sorry i'm a nooby to all that.

What do people mean by tucking the front fenders and shaving the back ones?

If you don't mind answering that is..
visit vipstylecars.com classes are 24 hrs a day
Old 07-16-10, 02:39 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SWGrinda
Alright, so with what all of you have said I have these questions..

What is a good amount to drop the car? I will use it as a DD, so don't want to slam it and all that, but want to drop it a good amount.

Fitment: What exactly is this and how does it work? Sorry i'm a nooby to all that.

What do people mean by tucking the front fenders and shaving the back ones?

If you don't mind answering that is..
As it has been stated several times in this thread... vipstylecars.com is the place for you to educate yourself on this topic Theres a vip 101 section just for new people like yourself who are curious.
Old 07-16-10, 02:40 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Brandicus
As it has been stated several times in this thread... vipstylecars.com is the place for you to educate yourself on this topic Theres a vip 101 section just for new people like yourself who are curious.
Appreciate it. Checkin' it now.
Old 07-17-10, 12:58 AM
d7620
Pole Position

i would like to see how this turn out...
goodluck
Old 07-17-10, 02:21 AM
arpham
Lead Lap

Old 07-17-10, 06:55 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by d7620
i would like to see how this turn out...
goodluck
Most likely turn out just fine.

Just lookin' for a bit of guidance is all. It's not like I didn't say anything about suspension or anything. Seems like everyone gets butt hurt 'cause I decided to put everything down as a whole. Everyone just assumes that my list is the order in which i'm doin' it in. Which is false. I stated that plenty of times. Suspension is the first thing i'm going for in my car and I stated that I might go with Megan Coilovers. As for rims i'll find a set that I like and will set off the car. Even put up there that ima go with Ambition kit for the car.

I am a nooby to all this, it's not like I been doin' it a long time like half of y'all. Still learnin' here.

Seems like people just get affected and heated 'cause my first post had everything that I wanted to do as a whole to the car and wasn't 5 paragraphs over what suspension and rims i'm goin' with. Lol

'Tis all gravy though. I been reading and trying to learn more w/ vipstylecars.com.
Old 07-17-10, 12:02 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think some of you guys are being a little too harsh on him. Yes, vip fitment and stance is huge factor over accessorizing. I myself have am going for the vip style as well, I'm not saying my car is quite there yet but everyone has got to start somewhere. I started off with my mirror and the taillights and then accessoried the interior. Outside was completely stock so it was nothing special to look at but I wasn't really looking to draw any attention yet anyways.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ect-build.html

I just picked up a set of TrafficStar RTS but only dropped on DF210's. Coilovers or bags will definitely be my next mod.

But I think SWGrinda is on the right track. But I definitely would not buy a body kit without getting the proper stance first. This is a perfect example, no kit, just dumped with sick wheel fitment.

Once I'm dumped lip kit will be next. Here's how mine should look when its done. It's not super slammed but decent for daily driving height.

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 07-17-10 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-17-10, 12:32 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my advice is to save, and do it right the first time. You're on track with a plan. Try to stick with that plan. I would also advise to get a wheel that you want and like. Don't settle for "something for now cause its aftermarket and cheap" I'd rather rock stock wheels until I could afford the wheel I really want. I wouldn't want to put ugly wheels on my car just because its aftermarket wheels.
Old 07-17-10, 12:47 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

Do what you want to do and what your budget can afford.

After all it is your car, isn't it?
Old 07-17-10, 01:09 PM
FLIPMOE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by speedaddic

AMEN!!!!! and do some research so u can do it right the first time