GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anyone knows what happened to sewell lexus discount code?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-10, 04:24 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Anyone knows what happened to sewell lexus discount code?

There used to be CL911M and clublexus discount codes... Don't seem to work at all anymore. Did they discontinue the discounts?
Old 07-16-10, 05:14 PM
McDj18
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump. Good Question OP
Old 07-16-10, 06:36 PM
maximus54
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you register on their website you have to enter your username on club lexus. I missed this part when I first registered. The discount is then automatically configured into the price.
Old 07-17-10, 11:44 AM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by maximus54
When you register on their website you have to enter your username on club lexus. I missed this part when I first registered. The discount is then automatically configured into the price.
This is correct. I have had an account with Sewell for about 4 years now, but I had to create a new account a few days ago and state that I am a clublexus member when creating it in order for me to get my discount.

I ordered some TRD front and rear sway bars...can't wait to get them installed!
Old 07-18-10, 06:28 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

no codes required...when u register...it asks what forum you belong to...and your screen name....that automatically qualifies you to discounted pricing.
Old 07-18-10, 07:30 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 293 Likes on 232 Posts

Thanks for the help, searched to find this answer.
Old 07-19-10, 06:02 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And just in case anyone else is wondering, when you do order certain items from them (i.e. balljoints + tie rods) the prices are already slashed to be the lowest in the country. So no discount is applied at checkout for certain common items.
Old 07-19-10, 08:31 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Och - you're A/C servos are shipping shortly. We were short on the bracket thus will be a day late leaving.

As for the discounts to everyone on CL, I believe everyone has it right. We did build the discount structure into the website for the attempt at providing a particular level of convenience as well as allow our staff to respond more efficiently when working with forum names (i.e. Och's order is leaving today).

JiBBeL has it right with some of the parts are already fixed price to a level that cannot be discounted such as the ball joints and tie rods for the GS. I believe many of the other suspension parts are like this as well.

The good point to all this is the site should convey, very clearly, both the In-Store price, the Online price, then the Club Lexus price for any item we offer. All this is built-in.

Promo codes are still available but they'll be used specifically for true promotions and/or for SOURCE'ing particular promotions or other Advertisements. All this just helps me measure record the results for my efforts.

Thanks for support everyone.

Darrel
Old 07-19-10, 09:30 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus-Parts
Och - you're A/C servos are shipping shortly. We were short on the bracket thus will be a day late leaving.

As for the discounts to everyone on CL, I believe everyone has it right. We did build the discount structure into the website for the attempt at providing a particular level of convenience as well as allow our staff to respond more efficiently when working with forum names (i.e. Och's order is leaving today).

JiBBeL has it right with some of the parts are already fixed price to a level that cannot be discounted such as the ball joints and tie rods for the GS. I believe many of the other suspension parts are like this as well.

The good point to all this is the site should convey, very clearly, both the In-Store price, the Online price, then the Club Lexus price for any item we offer. All this is built-in.

Promo codes are still available but they'll be used specifically for true promotions and/or for SOURCE'ing particular promotions or other Advertisements. All this just helps me measure record the results for my efforts.

Thanks for support everyone.

Darrel
i had a odd issue last fri some of you should be aware of. its not just me as i have seen it before but its also not a common one....

i searched and found the part i bought last week (a drivers door actuator) before i signed in to see what average joe schmo gets it for and then i logged in and my price was actually HIGHER, not a lot were talking like 3 bucks but still, so i called Darrel and he got it straightened out for me. they are working out bugs still so just let them know if you see anything like this and they will get it fixed.

one question i have darrel is do ALL CL members get the same discount or do they do it on a person by person bases, like depending on how long you been on there or how many posts or something like that?
Old 07-19-10, 10:20 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by sakataj
i had a odd issue last fri some of you should be aware of. its not just me as i have seen it before but its also not a common one....
...I was missing a single ";," in the code when I made some changes to the site that caused this occurance. This shouldn't happen again.

Originally Posted by sakataj
...one question i have darrel is do ALL CL members get the same discount or do they do it on a person by person bases, like depending on how long you been on there or how many posts or something like that?
We can't track posts nor regististration date. All this is on the forum. We however can track the volume of purchases for both frequency as well as total dollars or even your registration date with us. There's not much value if you're one that's been registered on CL since 1999 or have over 10,000 posts but theirs obvious value if we find your one for purchasing from us in regular intervals or just helping us put our kids through college .

Your idea will come later - but you should know one of our challenges when dealing with forum members is when someone posts the specifics to their transaction such as a couple dollars difference on an actuator - if we do it for one, we have to do it for all. I'm just trying to do what's best for all - the best that I can.

Darrel
Old 07-19-10, 10:33 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus-Parts
...I was missing a single ";," in the code when I made some changes to the site that caused this occurance. This shouldn't happen again.

We can't track posts nor regististration date. All this is on the forum. We however can track the volume of purchases for both frequency as well as total dollars or even your registration date with us. There's not much value if you're one that's been registered on CL since 1999 or have over 10,000 posts but theirs obvious value if we find your one for purchasing from us in regular intervals or just helping us put our kids through college .

Your idea will come later - but you should know one of our challenges when dealing with forum members is when someone posts the specifics to their transaction such as a couple dollars difference on an actuator - if we do it for one, we have to do it for all. I'm just trying to do what's best for all - the best that I can.

Darrel
dont take that as i was saying it happens all the time, i have seen it before when the site first went up but since then this is the first occurrence. i knew if we told you, you would get it fixed.

as for the 2nd one, i hear you and know what you mean. someone will ruin it for all of us
Old 07-19-10, 01:08 PM
wise2k
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have read from another thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...0-shipped.html that Lexus of North Miami is selling key replacements (with just the shell - transfer guts from old key) already cut for $30 with free shipping.

Any chance we can get a similar or even better deal on here..? I own a 1999 GS 300.

Last edited by wise2k; 07-19-10 at 01:44 PM.