GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

** TRD V8 SuperCharger **

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-02, 10:34 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ** TRD V8 SuperCharger **

If only they would for the GS....................4.7 only, the LX470 guys can use it..............
Attached Thumbnails ** TRD V8 SuperCharger **-trd-v8_supercharger.jpg  
Old 07-05-02, 10:45 AM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on Steve, is there something you're not telling us?
Old 07-05-02, 11:41 AM
Charles GReddy
Rookie

the reason there is not a supercharger for the GS line is due to the fact that the motors have V.V.T.I. technology The LX 470 and the Tundra do not have that system in them. The supercharger may or may not bolt on but the 4.7 motor have a different timing set up as well as fuel system.
Old 07-05-02, 12:37 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Humm I just seen a commercial that said all Lexus vehicles come with a VVT-I engine..
Old 07-05-02, 12:40 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it was just for Lexus Cars....
Old 07-05-02, 01:22 PM
Charles GReddy
Rookie

Originally posted by jpa2400
Humm I just seen a commercial that said all Lexus vehicles come with a VVT-I engine..

For the most part all of the Toyota and Lexus models do come with V.V.T.I. but on the models that have the 3.4 V6 and 4.7 litter V8 they do not. The supercharger works somewhat like the supercharger offered for the Solara and Tacoma models. The MAF automaticy adjustes for the low P.S.I. out put of the supercharger. Here is another thing for the 4.7 guys. It is highly recomened that the rear end gearing be changed as well.
Old 07-05-02, 03:44 PM
fever
Lead Lap

I spoke with TRD months ago and he said it would work just fine on the 4.0 or 4.3 but there is not enough clearance under the hood.
Old 07-05-02, 04:00 PM
Charles GReddy
Rookie

Bolting the unit on is not the problem. The fuel systems on the V.V.T.I. models can not compensate for the extra fuel needed. Not to mention that in stock form the 8 cyl. motors and the 6 cyl. motors do not take forced pressure for to long. please keep in mind i am speaking in stock form not with other added units such as fuel computers or high performance fuel systems...

i now of a shop (that shall remain namelees) that has blown up motors on IS 300's after installing a supercharger kits. I am not saying not to do it. Hell, i want to put a supercharger on my Gs 430. However, i do not want to do knowing that the units on the market do not work well.
Old 07-05-02, 04:32 PM
RacingAristo

Charles,

Does GReddy offer anything for 2nd gen. GS other than PE exhausts, front lip and radiator cap?
Old 07-05-02, 04:39 PM
Charles GReddy
Rookie

Originally posted by RacingAristo
Charles,

Does GReddy offer anything for 2nd gen. GS other than PE exhausts, front lip and radiator cap?
You forgot the oil filler cap...lol
We are going to be offering a new exhaust system. It will be part of our EVO line. We have already made a prototype system and let me tell you it fits great. The new systems lifts that mufflers about 3 inches. I am not sure when the new unit will be ready for sale but i will post once i know some thing....
Old 07-05-02, 07:44 PM
v300
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Charles GReddy
i now of a shop (that shall remain namelees) that has blown up motors on IS 300's after installing supercharger kits. I am not saying not to do it.
*cough-cough* Charles does this shop have something to do with a place that doesn't exist in Nevada?
Old 07-05-02, 08:18 PM
RacingAristo

Charles,

How about some "electronics" or GReddy's turbo? I have already the cat-back on my GS and I'm very pleased.
Old 07-05-02, 09:03 PM
kjhouston
Rookie

OK so how much is this supercharger??? I just got my wife a LX, but I don't think I need her to carpool that much faster. How much more power will it make? speed?

Just trying to get an idea.

Thanks
Old 07-05-02, 09:43 PM
Charles GReddy
Rookie

Originally posted by kjhouston
OK so how much is this supercharger??? I just got my wife a LX, but I don't think I need her to carpool that much faster. How much more power will it make? speed?

Just trying to get an idea.

Thanks
The TRD unit should make 75-95 extra poines...
i was told that the unit would sell for around $3500, not installed.
Old 07-05-02, 09:51 PM
Charles GReddy
Rookie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RacingAristo
Charles,

How about some "electronics" or GReddy's turbo? I have already the cat-back on my GS and I'm very pleased.
[/QUOTE

e-Manage (piggy-back fuel computer)

Our new e-Manage system is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system, without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit, which taps into most factory ECU wiring and it still utilizes the existing sensors. This unit only works on motors up to 6 cyl. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle(± 20% at 5 preset RPM points), by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals. Additional features that are built into the system, but are only accessible though the use of our PC-Windows based "e-Manage Support Tool" communication software are a 16x16 Airflow Adjustmemt Map, Larger Main Injector correction adjustment, Upgrade Air Flow Meter adjustment, Boost Limiter Cut, Anti-engine Stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, Real-time Map Trace, Real-time Display, Real-time Communication, and basic Data-logging.

With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 Injector duty cycle Map and the Controls for adding up to 2 Addional Sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harrness" and the software is used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 Ignition Timing Map. All of the above Maps can also be Map-traced in Real-time as well. If the factory range of Map or Airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorperate our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressue Harness" to set larger scales of ajustment.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: ** TRD V8 SuperCharger **